VPG 777 WHP DI ONLY

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Everyone forgets the GC's bolt on to all RHD cars, we have quite a few people running them. Can have this exact set up on your RHD N54...:)
Yeah u RHD guys can buy stock location Twin replacements to fit at least... Are not totally out of luck... I'd rather have a fast spoiling set of twins anyway, and limits to what 7-800whp? Why even go single when so much is involved ?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah u RHD guys can buy stock location Twin replacements to fit at least... Are not totally out of luck... I'd rather have a fast spoiling set of twins anyway, and limits to what 7-800whp? Why even go single when so much is involved ?

Some people dream big :)

Also, there is the reliability argument.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
The reliability argument is a big point since I can't work on my own car. So... if the turbos go and even if I get another pair from warranty which seems pretty unlikely from all the posts I have read, I will need to pay for install and it's not cheap....
Last time I did the math it comes out to ~5k for hybrids and parts and install.

If I will run out of octane on 93 pump gas, with no access to E85 and limited access to meth at a premium price... the price/performance ratio for upgraded twins/ST goes down even more... but this is a limitation on my side so I am not going to bitch about it ;)

For anyone in the same situation reading this, direct port meth injection with something like a Aquamist HFS4 kit to bring the octane up and either get stuck with FBO + in/outlets and hope for the best or upgraded hybrids/5862 ST would be the solution.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
A 58mm turbo is small single turbo. Generally speaking the bigger the compressor wheel the more efficient it is. 67mm turbo has a 10mm larger inducer and generally modern turbos that size have a 78-79% efficiency rating compare to a 72% one a 58mm

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
any of the rhd customers provide feedback with photos or what was required for custom fabrication (outlet) on the rear turbo?

Everyone forgets the GC's bolt on to all RHD cars, we have quite a few people running them. Can have this exact set up on your RHD N54...:)

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Is there an ability to fine tune pressure to allow the operating range to stay in the 150-175bar range with the controller? Or is it more of an on/off?

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
The reliability argument is a big point since I can't work on my own car. So... if the turbos go and even if I get another pair from warranty which seems pretty unlikely from all the posts I have read, I will need to pay for install and it's not cheap....
Last time I did the math it comes out to ~5k for hybrids and parts and install.

If I will run out of octane on 93 pump gas, with no access to E85 and limited access to meth at a premium price... the price/performance ratio for upgraded twins/ST goes down even more... but this is a limitation on my side so I am not going to bitch about it ;)

For anyone in the same situation reading this, direct port meth injection with something like a Aquamist HFS4 kit to bring the octane up and either get stuck with FBO + in/outlets and hope for the best or upgraded hybrids/5862 ST would be the solution.

I am in the same boat as you with having no access to E85. I run as stated, port meth injection with a 5862. I'm at 5300ft elevation which adds another factor in. I can usually run around on 23psi without much of a fit timing wise, sometimes It'll let me run 26psi on the setup. I did get to play with about 6 gallons of E85 to a full tank of 91 when I went into boise a while back, now that was fun to crank the boost up on, so fun, my AT started failing :D

Reactions: AzNdevil

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
I didnt know you'd actually finished making them 100% RHD bolt on and confirmed fitment etc!

So the RHD rear casting is all done, and you don't need to swap the water line either?

Last edited:

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
With the GC I thought replacing the turbos was simpler than OEM, due to the way you can separate the manifold from the turbocharger? At least it's something.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
With the GC I thought replacing the turbos was simpler than OEM, due to the way you can separate the manifold from the turbocharger? At least it's something.

A bit. The big advantage is if you wanted to swap out from, say, GC lites to GC's. You can leave the manifolds on the car; remove the v-band, oil and coolant lines, change in the new turbos and remake the connections. That saves quite a lot of time.

titium

Private
Nov 8, 2016
Australia
Can the double barrel be run without overdriving either pump? Kinda think this with gc lites would be a pretty crazy Street setup!! Don't really need an over driven pump

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I'm not quite sure you understand how the system works. The shotgun is able to flow the fuel it does because the pump is overdriven. We have not had a single pump fail in 2.5 years from being spun on the belt. The only people questioning over driving the pump are people who have never run it. Its a great system, and extremely reliable

Last edited:

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
I didnt know you'd actually finished making them 100% RHD bolt on and confirmed fitment etc!

So the RHD rear casting is all done, and you don't need to swap the water line either?

i followed up on a rhd install, the compressor housings and outlets to FMIC required custom fabrication for it to all fit satisfactorily.
you in melb. or syd?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
i followed up on a rhd install, the compressor housings and outlets to FMIC required custom fabrication for it to all fit satisfactorily.
you in melb. or syd?
This is actually not the case. Nizpro modified them as they wanted to do it a little different. The RHD housings will fit perfect with either the RB Silicone charge pipe, or a custom charge pipe. No modifications are needed to the compressor housings at all.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

titium

Private
Nov 8, 2016
Australia
I'm not quite sure you understand how the system works. The shotgun is able to flow the fuel it does because the pump is overdriven. We have not had a single pump fail in 2.5 years from being spun on the belt. The only people questioning over driving the pump are people who have never run it. Its a great system, and extremely reliable

Ok so overdriving is required for it to work. I merely thought the flow of 2x hpfp driven at normal speed would be sufficient for my needs.

This is actually not the case. Nizpro modified them as they wanted to do it a little different. The RHD housings will fit perfect with either the RB Silicone charge pipe, or a custom charge pipe. No modifications are needed to the compressor housings at all.

When you say perfect fit have these actually been test fitted yet or are they just eyeballed? - "ahh yea that'll work"

I know of one person in Australia who ordered in Nov last year and is still waiting for his turbos to be shipped he has the RB outlets ready to go.

• Informative
Reactions: DirtKurt

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

Could you please address the review which was posted earlier in this thread? http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?s=d11866c0a65dcbf291e491c47b720b3b&p=483826&postcount=15

Specifically the part where he says he went through 2 HPFPs. @Chris@VargasTurboTech I saw your post asking the customer to contact you. What was the outcome, was the situation resolved?

I am interested in running a shotgun kit, but if reliability is an issue I won't hesitate to wait for Syvecs for PI.