VPG 777 WHP DI ONLY

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
I don't see how you can add the factory injectors as an issue since you don't get rid of them with port and, I also don't see where the $700 hpfp is part of the equation either since the kit is covered in the first line. do you just have something against using DI or are you pissed that the PI you probably have already just became unnecessary?

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
I don't see how you can add the factory injectors as an issue since you don't get rid of them with port and, I also don't see where the $700 hpfp is part of the equation either since the kit is covered in the first line. do you just have something against using DI or are you pissed that the PI you probably have already just became unnecessary?

He had to replace 2 during testing as it magnifies any potential issues
Whether you factor it in or not I do.

Since the kit is covered? What does that mean? I'm actually in the market for secondary fueling and that was the add on in the drop down menu on the VTT website

I'm actually pricing kits out to make a purchase. How about you?

Something against DI? PI unnecessary? You're coming off like a DB and that's not double barrell

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
the kit being the double barrel kit you put on your first line. that covers an HPFP right there. "$1200DB vs $900 rail" there's no need to factor a second one in right after that. I'm trying to see how you're trying to talk this down like it's a waste of money. there's gotta be a reason for your saltiness towards it

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
No it does not. It's also going to be a factor servicing the kit. Having replaced everything on this car twice over already I always factor in cost of components after failure. That goes for part cost and how much of my time it will take to actually replace. My OEM hpfp is very easy to swap and I need to see how easy this one will be to access when it's time to replace.
If all things DB vs PI were equal or at least near equal he would own this market share. Do I think the margin has to be cut relative to where the market is now, yes. It has to make sense to me as a consumer. I'm a part of this market, money in hand, ready to spend.

There is zero saltiness, I know what kind of effort the Vargas team put in to developing something like this. The N54 platform was stagnant until he showed up. I've purchased from him before and would not hesitate to do it again.

Reactions: doublespaces

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
Shit, I just assumed for that price point it would include the pump and didn't bother looking further. I'm gonna have to agree that there is some margin that could be cut but I guess there has to be competition to make that happen. I'd still go with the DB over PI for my own car but I'm not going to need that until maybe next year unless these stock turbos fail quicker than that and force me into GCs quicker

SingleTurboE92

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
Aubrey, Texas
Details are 2.5 years old, here http://www.bummerboost.com/showthre...grade-and-a-new-stock-frame-horsepower-record

As stated above simple Split Second controller plugged into the Second HPFP, with a custom map. This is the SAME kit we have had for sale forever, the only thing that has changed is we found a better way to control it. We are still in negative trims at these levels, meaning on DI only 800WHP+ support is handled by this system

I was wanting the details on pricing, product launch, and availability on the SS controller that is modified, DB kit, and possible LPFP pricing since you have developed one. I understand the shotgun product that has been out for 2.5 years. Not needing details on that. I visited your website this morning and your fueling products were not listed. It appears since then you have updated the website. I will specify the details that I am requesting next time. Look forward to seeing more of these on cars to understand the reliability on the street and track.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
My concern is how long is the HPFP going to last being over spun this hard

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
My concern is how long is the HPFP going to last being over spun this hard
The newest hpfp hasn't seen too many failures that I know of (13517616170). You can find them for approx. $500 new if you shop around. Some of the older revisions can be found for $200 and less.

One thing to consider is the DME failsafes are still in charge using the rail pressure sensor, and also still in full control of the injectors. Big plus. Timing will always look a lot cleaner as well using DFI.
The install looks a bit of a pain for the guys that wrench on their cars but am curious as to how easy it is to access the secondary pump once it is fitted when wanting to swap it.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Could this be run "along" with PI for those attempting to push 1K WHP? With either stage 4 lpfp pump on the market now?

Tony is probably already working on modified injectors to make PI a thing of the past. This is exactly where this platform needs to head, but fml that damn sticker shock.

possible LPFP pricing since you have developed one

Tony shared a LPFP surge tank build he had done awhile back. He basically laid out the entire set up and did all of the thinking for us. I'll assume that is on this car but it is way beyond the PnP kits available with a low total budget. Requires work is all.

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
Its simply a Split Second controller we had made for us. Anyone already with a Split second controller can do the same, but you will have to cut, and splice wires. The only difference is ours plugs directly into the second HPFP. Nothing different besides that. As for flash tuning changes, its a matter of changing a few existing tables to suit high power levels with no PI. No additional tables are needed, all this speculation on IPW tables being needed was wrong, I said that too, so I have to eat a little crow. Basically anyone's car with a healthy fuel system, a LPFP set up that can provide the fuel, and our double barrel can do this.
Wow so the injectors are totally fine as-is (and there is potentially even MORE room there if ever needed?)

Was purely a secondary HPFP control+LPFP flow issue?

Is the SS controller map to be sold/given when buying a double barrel kit?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Negative, that was just a component list. It seems that once you start pushing the kit any issues with your injectors will be exaggerated. Really no surprise there.

From what I gather
DB: $1299
Secondary hpfp: $700 from VTT
Controller ~$300
Recommended to replace your current HPFP if above 50k clocked.
If you haven't swapped your injectors recently I would have some on deck as well.

Sorry I deleted my post after realizing there was a second page.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Tony is probably already working on modified injectors to make PI a thing of the past. This is exactly where this platform needs to head, but fml that damn sticker shock.

Sorry, but no one is going to be modifying these injectors. Once they are maxed at 3600psi (whatever WHP that ends up), the only other option for more fuel DI only will be increasing injection window.

Swedishpowah

Private
Dec 7, 2016
Greer, SC
Ride
LCI e92 - not an M
One thing to consider is the DME failsafes are still in charge using the rail pressure sensor, and also still in full control of the injectors. Big plus. Timing will always look a lot cleaner as well using DFI.
This - how many motors have been grenaded due to an injector cutting out and PI still going? There is a cost to account for that risk.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This - how many motors have been grenaded due to an injector cutting out and PI still going? There is a cost to account for that risk.
I wonder what happens when you suddenly enter limp mode, how long does the PI keep spraying?