This is apparently the single pump version, costing 2295:

upload_2018-6-4_15-13-48.png

E92 420

Corporal
Jul 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Ride
BMW e92 335i
“The solution for all N54/55 HPFP solutions”!?!?!? Hash tags for n54 in the insta post.

N55 solution yes but nothing for n54, or have i missed something?

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
“The solution for all N54/55 HPFP solutions”!?!?!? Hash tags for n54 in the insta post.

N55 solution yes but nothing for n54, or have i missed something?
From what I understand you should be able to install the N55/S55 vacuum pump and with custom tuning run the Bosch pump/pumps. That's what it sounds like to me.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Highly doubtful that the control will work on N54 as it does not have any of the timing logic to sync the VCV's with the vac housing cam lobes.

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
I have one of these in-hand. Was waiting for Wedge and TTFS to work out the voltage/freq adjustments to get the pump running on late e-series 1er. If you just put this pump in and don't have a flash adjusted/prepared for it, the car won't run.

IMG_6958.jpeg IMG_6959.jpeg IMG_6960.jpeg

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Why the specific (frieling) flashing cable? Does TTFS require you to buy a slave license for their flasher / are you not free to just flash via MHD?

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
Why the specific (frieling) flashing cable? Does TTFS require you to buy a slave license for their flasher / are you not free to just flash via MHD?

Story time!

When I received the pump, TTFS let me know that I'll need a modified flash ahead of time to make sure the pump starts, which is why they provide the cable (even though I said I already have one). This is where it got interesting:

I had to call TTFS and email back and forth with Frank. I sent him my original .bin and latest .mhd flash, then he came back and pointed me to frielings site to download their software to read my DME to send over to him. I tried doing this with my bimmergeeks cable and it could not connect (drivers were all properly installed etc).

I let him know, he got back to me and said to use their cable and it worked without a hitch. It also did show up as an official XDEVICE in their tool. Sent it over to him, a little back and forth between Frank, MHD & Wedge and now Wedge tells me he's defining the xdf's today, time willing. He also needed to get WinOLS setup to work with these as well.

The takeaways:
- I was not required to purchase any licensing
- I guess I'm the guinea pig?
- I have no idea why I needed the Frieling cable, or why it worked any different than the Bimmergeeks one.
- It seems like this was never really ironed out for my ROM version (which IIRC, the only E82's who would want this pump should have the same ROM as me, 9E60B).
- I imagine that when Ken finishes the XDF's and pushes them up to the MHD github that others will be able to work with these pumps and generate proper .mhd maps.

Crossing fingers, here...

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Yea, you need his cable to use his software. However, not sure why he couldn't have just used your stock *.bin read via MHD. Same thing as what the frieling cable/tool got :)

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
Story time!

When I received the pump, TTFS let me know that I'll need a modified flash ahead of time to make sure the pump starts, which is why they provide the cable (even though I said I already have one). This is where it got interesting:

I had to call TTFS and email back and forth with Frank. I sent him my original .bin and latest .mhd flash, then he came back and pointed me to frielings site to download their software to read my DME to send over to him. I tried doing this with my bimmergeeks cable and it could not connect (drivers were all properly installed etc).

I let him know, he got back to me and said to use their cable and it worked without a hitch. It also did show up as an official XDEVICE in their tool. Sent it over to him, a little back and forth between Frank, MHD & Wedge and now Wedge tells me he's defining the xdf's today, time willing. He also needed to get WinOLS setup to work with these as well.

The takeaways:
- I was not required to purchase any licensing
- I guess I'm the guinea pig?
- I have no idea why I needed the Frieling cable, or why it worked any different than the Bimmergeeks one.
- It seems like this was never really ironed out for my ROM version (which IIRC, the only E82's who would want this pump should have the same ROM as me, 9E60B).
- I imagine that when Ken finishes the XDF's and pushes them up to the MHD github that others will be able to work with these pumps and generate proper .mhd maps.

Crossing fingers, here...
I think he’s working on both of ours right now. There are more 9E60B wanting them right now to. I went with the 60 over pump did you buy the 30 or 60?

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
Yea, you need his cable to use his software. However, not sure why he couldn't have just used your stock *.bin read via MHD. Same thing as what the frieling cable/tool got :)

It's interesting. Why bother subsidizing a cable for each order if it's not required? *shrug*. I just want to run some E85.

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
I think he’s working on both of ours right now. There are more 9E60B wanting them right now to. I went with the 60 over pump did you buy the 30 or 60?

TTFS only had one available on their site, which I believe is the 35%. - where did you pick up a 60 and how bad was the damage?

VACust

Corporal
Dec 1, 2016
US - Utah
It’s a couple hundred more. We’re trying the 60 out on my car for the summer to get data on it with E50, E85, 100 octane Torco unleaded and maybe 112 Torco unleaded if there’s time before the tear down. The 60 should be plenty for the stock short block. Switching to twin 35s or maybe even twin 60s after my engine is done and installed late fall/early winter.

Reactions: Xer0449

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

I think they only had the table changes worked out for F series initially, hence the need for WinOLS to help port everything to late E.

It's interesting. Why bother subsidizing a cable for each order if it's not required? *shrug*. I just want to run some E85.

There's still profit in those slave cables even after subsidy help I'm sure :)