Tig welding 4047 on block

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Ghassan Automotive really blocked my personal instagram account lol what bums. I guess getting called out for your garbage work in front of your fan base isn't good for business 🤷 who knew. Only if they could build a motor as good as the one they have in there racecar for customers. Or wait not the closed deck sleeved motor that I had to pay 5k for you guys to make some scammy video about taking the head off. only reason @GhassanAutomotive isn't out of business is because there's to many dumb drug dealing n54 boys that want 1000hp with no idea of what else needs to be done to the car even if that g1000 doesn't crack a sleeve puffing to make 900. So they'll send there not very hard earned money right to him

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
If its a hole, agreed.
If its a crack....
Like I said earlier, I just would not trust that block.
Would suck to get it on the road, all buttoned up, just to pull the motor AGAIN.

If it is a crack you bore a hole bigger than the crack.

I don´t see any issue doing it that way. Block integrity would still be sufficient.

• Agree
Reactions: fmorelli

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Or you just get a lawyer and sue that pos company for the pos block
he offered to repair it when he brings it back. Besides that this shouldn´t have happened in the first place, this is common business.

So what do you think a lawyer would achieve here?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I think getting a lawyer would achieve getting all the money back for a garbage product that is not functional and will not be capable of 1000hp or even 100hp since its gonna leak coolant and oil everywhere. I geuss if you feel comfortable with the clowns that let that slip through there quality control bring it back to them lmao

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
nice opinion but far from reality. Right now on this engine there is no proof for bad work except an oopsie which is offered to be repaired.

• Funny
Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
How do you go about fixing the massive crack in the water port anyways? That block is junk toss in the dumpster

Reactions: SlowE93

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
nice opinion but far from reality. Right now on this engine there is no proof for bad work except an oopsie which is offered to be repaired.
Quality work.

Attachments

• InShot_20211119_104547420.jpg
    InShot_20211119_104547420.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 63

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I think you are heavily biased here and not thinking straight. You clearly have issues with ghassan. Take a beer and relax a little bit. I am not your enemy.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I think you are heavily biased here and not thinking straight. You clearly have issues with ghassan. Take a beer and relax a little bit. I am not your enemy.
I understand but do you think that is mildy quality control at all? The water port is not even very clean at all thats not an opinion thats a fact I can show you clean water ports

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Would you really wanna repair a already brittle cast aluminum block? I know I wouldn't If it was me I'd tell ghassan to refund me for this junk id source a nice shortblock or a longblock and have it properly built. its a long winter

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah, I get all that...but nobody knows the size of the crack (if it is a crack)
The block obviously is showing signs of stress cracking who knows from what may have been dropped during shipment may have been involved in a bad car accident. I wouldn't re use it repair the block my 2 cents

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
That's
Yeah, I get all that...but nobody knows the size of the crack (if it is a crack)
That's the challenge. You'd probably have to do some kind of die penetrant testing to know how big it is. Plus it might be bigger in the inside of the block, so you'd probably have to drill even bigger to make sure you capture the crack root. If you don't capture the crack root, the screw in plug will stretch open the remaining crack and it will keep growing. Not sure what to make of that crack in coolant port. At least with a jb weld fix, you wouldn't be adding any residual stress to the block to encourage further crack growth, and it may help prevent further propogation, but who knows. If it was mine, I'd probably try to clean it really well and try the jb weld fix in the cracks.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
But only assuming you're done trying to get the supplier to make it right. Unfortunalety, that may be even harder once you try to fix it your self. Sorry man, it's an all around shitty situation. It sucks to have to go to the cost, hassle and time if hiring a lawyer to get the supplier to do the right thing.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
That's
That's the challenge. You'd probably have to do some kind of die penetrant testing to know how big it is. Plus it might be bigger in the inside of the block, so you'd probably have to drill even bigger to make sure you capture the crack root. If you don't capture the crack root, the screw in plug will stretch open the remaining crack and it will keep growing. Not sure what to make of that crack in coolant port. At least with a jb weld fix, you wouldn't be adding any residual stress to the block to encourage further crack growth, and it may help prevent further propogation, but who knows. If it was mine, I'd probably try to clean it really well and try the jb weld fix in the cracks.
Exactly....so...id scrap the block all together