Tig welding 4047 on block

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Ah Torgus, you either have good intuition or you looked up some of my previous posts.

A good guess. I am sorry you are going through this man. That sucks so much.

Ghassen has always seemed sketchy to me. At 26 years old having your own engine building and performance shop? Not many 26 year olds are mature enough to run a business, let alone have the capital to start up such a company or the knowledge and skill. Then again it is Oklahoma and pole steel barns are a dime a dozen. Add on the various horror stories about Ghassen engines. Then add on when he tried to pay that 17 year old girl who was living with her parents for sex. This post by the OP just solidifies my previous thoughts about them: STAY AWAY.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
A good guess. I am sorry you are going through this man. That sucks so much.

Ghassen has always seemed sketchy to me. At 26 years old having your own engine building and performance shop? Not many 26 year olds are mature enough to run a business, let alone have the capital to start up such a company or the knowledge and skill. Then again it is Oklahoma and pole steel barns are a dime a dozen. Add on the various horror stories about Ghassen engines. Then add on when he tried to pay that 17 year old girl who was living with her parents for sex. This post by the OP just solidifies my previous thoughts about them: STAY AWAY.
I think what gets people at the end of the day is he has went into the 8s. Lol big deal give me 100k to dump into a 1 series and ill go 7s . N54s aren't that insanely hard to build. You have to have a really clean operation cleanliness is next to godliness same applies when building motors, follow tolerances , torque specs , clearances. Use quality parts , don't re use bolts or gaskets . I think the big divide between ghassan and others tryna go fast in the n54 game comes down to rear end and transmission. He has a good rear end recipe for drag racing is all and has put the best parts into his n54 for drag racing. High comp pistons, darton sleeves , closed deck , built ported head with cams, standalone ecu . When you dump that much money into a project its not hard to go fast

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I once used This JB weld on the bottom of a oil pan. Held together for years, in fact i scrapped the car before the JB weld failed.
JB Weld makes a good product. But I would not recommend putty for this application. Something far less viscous - just the regular JB Weld should do the trick, if it is going to work at all.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
I've made a windowed flex plate for this (using a water jet) so I can start the engine without the transmission on. I did this originally so I could test to see if the leak was from the bed plate, as that was the only other idea I had besides the rear main seal until I found the hole.

So I'll slap that windowed flex plate on there and start it up without the transmission on it as a test bed, then I'll JB weld the hole and let it try and then test to see if that fixed it.

that's about my only option besides maybe shipping the whole thing to Billiam and having him pull it apart and make a new block for me and re-use as many of the parts as he can.

It's just not worth the time or money to go after Ghassan, best I can do is put the truth out there and let people make their own choices. When it's all said and done I may also post it to the colorado N5x group as it also has a wide fallowing.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
I would say try that… but honestly looking at all you said before it probably has other issue with that motor. I would be afraid to push it and I bet if you take it apart you will find other issues.

I would it send it to Billiam and have him inspected, i bet he will find a lot of issues

nyt

Sergeant
Sep 15, 2019
Ride
2010 335xi
I'm pretty sure the blocks with the closed deck are done by vac, so it's kind of surprising it left in that shape and nobody caught it :/

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
Correct that the closed deck is from CSS. Head is from head games, and it is a G1000.

I picked it up in person and asked them to put a windage tray on it before I left. I wish I had done a better job inspecting the block when I picked it up, that's on me. I was just so happy to see the head as it's so pretty that I spent most of my time looking at the head.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Not knowing where it is its hard to suggest something.

You could always drill and tap it and use thread sealer with a block off like on the head ports.

If you can find the hole. This is the best you can do by yourself. It is easy and pretty save to do.

Jb weld would not stop the crack from expanding but would be a good interim solution.

• Agree
Reactions: fmorelli

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
If you can find the hole. This is the best you can do by yourself. It is easy and pretty save to do.

Jb weld would not stop the crack from expanding but would be a good interim solution.
If its a hole, agreed.
If its a crack....
Like I said earlier, I just would not trust that block.
Would suck to get it on the road, all buttoned up, just to pull the motor AGAIN.

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
At this point I can pull the transmission in about 2 hours.... things go fast when you have enough practice, lol.

• Funny
Reactions: SlowE93

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I done the actuators on my s65 in 45 min witch most shops take 3 to 4 hrs.

I don't mind giving workshops my car as long as they don't rip me off, that's why most people end up fixing their own cars.

Wonder why they car poor all the time :astonished: they got no one else to blame but themselves.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I done the actuators on my s65 in 45 min witch most shops take 3 to 4 hrs.

I don't mind giving workshops my car as long as they don't rip me off, that's why most people end up fixing their own cars.

Wonder why they car poor all the time :astonished: they got no one else to blame but themselves.
I once took 2 days to install downpipes:sunglasses: