Syvecs Sports Mind N54 135i puts down 807whp and 667wtq

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Thanks @Abacus38 for the tip

As promised some more footage of the garage Sports Mind 135i, featured earlier in the flyby video on our wall.
The Syvecs Ltd N54 Plug N Play kit allows for flat shifting as per all of our ECUs and the driver was said to be very happy with this feature. We approve too.
With kits currently out in the USA and back here in the UK yet to report in we can see a few more posts being dedicated to the N54 platform in the near future.

Doc Race 6466

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Awesome to finally see one running a single setup, but what was up with the Christmas tree?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You saw how fast that speedo moved lol. Just need to save up 5k for it lol. I wonder what o2 sensor are they using and could we port the adv sensor over.

I already talked to Syvecs a month ago on this. The ADV sensor is compatible, you just have to swap 2 wires in the harness and make some changes to the sensor setup in the DME. They said it wasn't a problem.

CenTXe92

Lurker
Nov 5, 2017
Austin, Texas
Ride
'90 335i Coupe 6MT
IMG_0065.jpg
Just waiting on the port plate and some harness changes and this will finally make it's home under the hood!

CenTXe92

Lurker
Nov 5, 2017
Austin, Texas
Ride
'90 335i Coupe 6MT
Oh very nice! What is done to your 335?
As it sits, Walbro 450, Cobb AP/Catback, VRSF Catless DPs/7" FMIC/Hot Side Inlets, and Ported Head.

Going single 6266 on 100% e85. It should be on the dyno Jan/Feb. This round won't have a built bottom end so stopping around 700. Next round will be closed deck, forged rotating, and get a bit more crazy with the head.

Where in AZ? I was in Tucson for a meeting last week.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
As it sits, Walbro 450, Cobb AP/Catback, VRSF Catless DPs/7" FMIC/Hot Side Inlets, and Ported Head.

Going single 6266 on 100% e85. It should be on the dyno Jan/Feb. This round won't have a built bottom end so stopping around 700. Next round will be closed deck, forged rotating, and get a bit more crazy with the head.

Where in AZ? I was in Tucson for a meeting last week.

I live in Chandler.

That sounds like its going to be a beast, hopefully we'll see a build thread or at least a photo dump of your project!

Reactions: dyezak

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Can someone post the fly-by ideo here? Cause OMG that car shifts hard as hell. No bog, no drop in power delivery....it sounds violent.

And beautiful!

CenTXe92

Lurker
Nov 5, 2017
Austin, Texas
Ride
'90 335i Coupe 6MT
Whos tuning it for you
I'm not going to post his name. This platform isn't his day to day. I will ask him next time we talk if he minds me sharing here.

The plug and play tune isn't bad. They provide a pretty good basemap.

The big wins are antilag strategies, superior traction control, safeties and realtime ethanol corrections. The rest of it I'm sure you've all read the brochure. It's nothing short of amazing what these computers can accomplish now days.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I'm not going to post his name. This platform isn't his day to day. I will ask him next time we talk if he minds me sharing here.

The big wins are antilag strategies, superior traction control, safeties and realtime ethanol corrections. The rest of it I'm sure you've all read the brochure. It's nothing short of amazing what these computers can accomplish now days.
In my experience adapting aftermarket injection sounds good until you drive it. There’s always some little annoying behaviour etc that needs a workaround. I’d love to hear more about how seamless the integration with our cars is?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is

If people are watching TX2k18 (or the last 10y for that matter) this guy has probably tuned 1/2 of the cars there running over 200mph.