Spun Crank Hub 6MT

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Your delusional as even on one of the worlds smoothest motors like the s65 BMW's engineers decided the CBC is needed. WHY ?
Lol these are real world examples of having the capture and it being irrelevant im done wasting my time on you

Reactions: SlowE93

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I wish I had a picture of what mine looked like when it spun the hub. Just han
Lol marty your delusional. Pinning is the only real solution. How much is Tony paying you? The bolt can only back out if your harmonics inside your motor are so messed up or if you did not torque it properly in the first place. I had the vtt crankbolt cover bs its a waste of money it encapsulates the bolt and had nothing to do if the bolt will back out and the hub spins. The crank pulley comes off and the bolt backs out

The crank bully will never come off unless you sheer the bolts holding it and not the hub bolt and the belt breaks.

With the CBC the hub may spin but unless the pulley starts rotating in reverse of the rotation of the motor with the CBC on or sheers off it will never happen.

You guys just don't understand and are lacking a simple grasp how motors work.

• Dumb

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Lol these are real world examples of having the capture and it being irrelevant im done wasting my time on you

You don't want to waste your time and don't because you lack a sheer understanding of how things work :tearsofjoy:

So stop typing before you make yourself look more stupid.

• Dumb

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
If cbc is preventing the crank bolt from rotating relative to the crank hub, then it's essentially turning the crank hub into one giant bolt head for the crank bolt. If the crank bolt can vibrate loose, why is attaching it to the hub going to make the mated pair (hub and bolt) any less likely to vibrate loose? The hub is supplying the torque to drive the valve train. The only way it makes any sense to lock the crank bolt to the hub is if the hub is first locked (rotationally) to the crank. Only if the hub is rotationally locked to the crank (via pin, keyway, etc.) would it make sense to lock the bolt (rotationally) to the hub to stop it from backing out.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
If cbc is preventing the crank bolt from rotating relative to the crank hub, then it's essentially turning the crank hub into one giant bolt head for the crank bolt. If the crank bolt can vibrate loose, why is attaching it to the hub going to make the mated pair (hub and bolt) any less likely to vibrate loose? The hub is supplying the torque to drive the valve train. The only way it makes any sense to lock the crank bolt to the hub is if the hub is first locked (rotationally) to the crank. Only if the hub is rotationally locked to the crank (via pin, keyway, etc.) would it make sense to lock the bolt (rotationally) to the hub to stop it from backing out.
What my Associate said.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m

Already said that, your finally grasping how it works.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Also the answer your question in bit more detail unless the belt comes off and the pully starts rotating in opposite direction of the motor
rotation there is no way on earth it will come off if the CBC is fitted or not, as soon as the hub slips due to the motor spinning a hub it will shut down.

The CBC is only used to stop the bolt backing out and loosing tension on the hub by locking it, it will not stop the hub from spinning if there
is enough force to over power the the friction disc and the tension of the bolt and this is where some of the failures come from but most are from the bolt loosing tension by backing out as the bolt is not locked to the hub.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Thats what I said , LMAO !

Can u kick that Aussie fuck off your thread ???
He literally turns every thread to shit 🤣

That's how little you know as I'm not Aussie, you guys want to actually learn something or show how little understanding you actually have
on how motors work and just throw insults around to try and support your dumb comments with meme's :tearsofjoy:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
But you are in fact a FUCK.
You did not deny that 🤣🤣

Call me any names you like as it just shows you have the metal capacity of a chook and cant support your arguments.

So the only way the capture ever makes sense is if the hub is pinned gotcha 👌

Not only, it also stops the bolt loosing tension on the hub, if one hasn't got the money the CBC is the bare minimum one should do before modifying a motor and I really don't care which company you get it from as I've seen a few rip offs the VTT design floating around on the net.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
So the only way the capture ever makes sense is if the hub is pinned gotcha 👌
I think you are missing the point 🙄
Clearly we need the CBC so the bolt does not lose its tension. Even though it can in fact spin altogether as hubs have already spun with a cbc and lose its tension. Duh 🙄
But im sure those spun do to other reasons and not the bolt losing tension.
Absolutely no proof of this, but its what I have been told by a very reliable source.
Please make a note of this and go buy one ASAP.

Reactions: wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Call me any names you like as it just shows you have the metal capacity of a chook and cant support your arguments.

Not only, it also stops the bolt loosing tension on the hub, if one hasn't got the money the CBC is the bare minimum one should do before modifying a motor and I really don't care which company you get it from as I've seen a few rip offs the VTT design floating around on the net.
But the bolt is torqued into the crank, not the hub. The hub may as well be thought of as a washer. If I had a bolt screwed into a block of something with a washer in between them, I wouldn't weld the bolt to the washer to stop it from coming loose from whatever object the bolt was screwed into.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Well the hub is like a washer but it has a friction disk between the crank and hub to stop it from spinning but the forces and vibrations of the motor can cause the bolt to work its way loose over time loosing tension on the hub thus loosing tension on the friction disk and letting the hub basically unlock itself from the crank, it never happened to me but as invested more in my motor than most cars cost I wasn't going to leave it to chance and let this happen to save a few dollars especially when cams are installed and the rpm limit is raised.

BMW engineers felt it was necessary on an s65 revving to 8000rpm with basically the same design so whats the difference when the n54
is taken to the same levels.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I think you are missing the point 🙄
Clearly we need the CBC so the bolt does not lose its tension. Even though it can in fact spin altogether as hubs have already spun with a cbc and lose its tension. Duh 🙄
But im sure those spun do to other reasons and not the bolt losing tension.
Absolutely no proof of this, but its what I have been told by a very reliable source.
Please make a note of this and go buy one ASAP.

Your still not getting it LOL

If you spin a hub with the bolt locked it will not loose its tension as it will overpower the friction disk, unless it spins in
the opposite direction is the only way it can come loose.

The only way the bolt can come loose or loose tension is by not being locked in and backing out.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Your still not getting it LOL

If you spin a hub with the bolt locked it will not loose its tension as it will overpower the friction disk, unless it spins in
the opposite direction is the only way it can come loose.

The only way the bolt can come loose or loose tension is by not being locked in and backing out.
I get it you have to be right. Our beloved gate keeper

Reactions: wheela and SlowE93

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I'm correcting because some are not grasping to understand the info provided.

This website started well providing informative threads but is starting to become like others and a popularity contest.

If the admins want me to stop they can ask me.