Spun Crank Hub 6MT

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Another way would be you can weld the bolt to the hub and it will never back out but the hub can slip and back out with the bolt
even dough its one piece.

The CBC just locks the bolt so it cant loose tension on the hub but if it spins anyway its not due to the bolt loosing tension on the hub.

Hope that explains it better.
I completely understand as I first used the welding analogy. CBC won't stop anything.

• Agree
Reactions: wheela

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Yes the hub can spin from other influences even when fully torqued due to the flawed oem design.

I personally run the VTT v2 hub for about 3 years along side the CBC now since before covid and had no issues.

Just two major examples are drastic changes in rpm and axel tramping that will put enough shock load on the motor to spin the oem hub.

The major reason is from the bolt backing out and this can be avoided with the CBC so that can be easily ruled out and avoided cheaply.

Some call it a gimmick, I call it cheap insurance.

I don't agree on a lot off things with Tony but some of his products are good and that's up to the individual to choose.

I'm no VTT supporter but when a product works I use it.
One last thing... you already said that the Hub itself can still spin without that bolt losing torque...so once again...cbc does NOTHING....
It does in fact "capture" the bolt ...so when the hub spins, the bolt doesnt fly out and destroy your radiator or fan.
Happy now ?

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
One last thing... you already said that the Hub itself can still spin without that bolt losing torque...so once again...cbc does NOTHING....
It does in fact "capture" the bolt ...so when the hub spins, the bolt doesnt fly out and destroy your radiator or fan.
Happy now ?
This is well said. I don’t see a point of a cbc. Prime example with what happened to my friend the CBC would have done nothing. Or when @RuskiRacer’s hub slipped.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Happy now ?
Ah....a radiator damage preventing device! See, it has some purpose.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Don’t worry with my luck the whole hub would fly into the rad 😂
WIth your luck, your motor will scavenge, back suck some road debris in through the exhaust, wipe one of the turbo impellers, and all that stuff will chuff back through your exhaust valves and N54Destroyer the motor.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Happy now ?

No you still are not grasping what the CBC is designed to do.

The CBC is designed to stop the bolt backing out and loosing tension on the hub which is the main issue, if you spin the hub whilst the
bolt is fully tensioned and locked that's a completely different issue and not what the CBC was designed to do.

You will need a redesigned hub of your choice to stop that from ever happening and has nothing to do with the CBC.

The bolt will never fly out as your motor will grenade itself before that ever happens even without a CBC

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The problem is even with a pin lock hub or what ever the design you use the bolt can still back out and this is what the CBC will stop.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
If you think the CBC is a waste off time why do you think BMW uses them on high RPM motors with DCT from factory.

Don't believe me look up the s65 motor on real oem.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Agreed and I been saying it since 2017.
I wish I had a picture of what mine looked like when it spun the hub. Just han
The problem is even with a pin lock hub or what ever the design you use the bolt can still back out and this is what the CBC will stop.
Lol marty your delusional. Pinning is the only real solution. How much is Tony paying you? The bolt can only back out if your harmonics inside your motor are so messed up or if you did not torque it properly in the first place. I had the vtt crankbolt cover bs its a waste of money it encapsulates the bolt and had nothing to do if the bolt will back out and the hub spins. The crank pulley comes off and the bolt backs out

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and SlowE93

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Haha, I was thinking the same thing, instead if throwing a bolt through the radiator, with cbc you can throw the whole hub through it for maximum dramatic effect

This will never happen as the motor will shutdown and seize before this ever happens, this is the type of silly examples people use
to try and justify an ill informed argument.

You might think its funny but it shows the lack off knowledge some of you have with the comparisons you state.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I wish I had a picture of what mine looked like when it spun the hub. Just han
Lol marty your delusional. Pinning is the only real solution. How much is Tony paying you? The bolt can only back out if your harmonics inside your motor are so messed up or if you did not torque it properly in the first place. I had the vtt crankbolt cover bs its a waste of money it encapsulates the bolt and had nothing to do if the bolt will back out and the hub spins. The crank pulley comes off and the bolt backs out

Your delusional as even on one of the worlds smoothest motors like the s65 BMW's engineers decided the CBC is needed. WHY ?

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
This will never happen as the motor will shutdown and seize before this ever happens, this is the type of silly examples people use
to try and justify an ill informed argument.

You might think its funny but it shows the lack off knowledge some of you have with the comparisons you state.
It was a joke. Obviously the hub is not going to fly off.