Sharp Customs N54 Sheet Metal Port Injection Intake Manifold: Testing and Future Review!

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Those are similar ones of course. I am using the Siemens EV1 440cc extended tip style injectors since those are what was used by the manufacturer of the manifold.

Once I get my injectors in I'll mount to the rails and see if the PI depth requires the extended tip type or if we can use the usual snub nose style injector.

Xshadows

Corporal
Nov 4, 2016
Sanford NC
Sounds good, keep everyone in the loop. And if you can get this up and running, a parts list with prices and links would be great!

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Absolutely. I'll keep my parts list ongoing from my first post with all the AN fittings.

I just got my 4Bar Map Sensor, 22k23 chip for the JB4(needed to run port injection) and the JB Controller today.

All I'm waiting on are the injectors and clip adapters. :)

When I return from Florida for Christmas I will be posting my install and DIY guide!

Sorry for the delay guys, the holiday and winter in CO is causing delayed galore!!

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
UPDATE! 12/12/16

Alright guys, so looks like you are lucky to have me here :)

The manifold did have a fitment issue on the left side making contact with the OFH. The manufacturer is sending me another unit that has been revised to fix the issue. The new unit will be silver in color to help differentiate the old manifold with the new.

I will wait to see that come in and when it does i SHOULD have everything needed to FULLY install and test the rail.

Slow but steady. :)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
UPDATE! 12/12/16

Alright guys, so looks like you are lucky to have me here :)

The manifold did have a fitment issue on the left side making contact with the OFH. The manufacturer is sending me another unit that has been revised to fix the issue. The new unit will be silver in color to help differentiate the old manifold with the new.

I will wait to see that come in and when it does i SHOULD have everything needed to FULLY install and test the rail.

Slow but steady. :)

When is that expected? From china like a month or so?

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Nope it will be here this week. The prior manifold was black coated but this one is silver to differentiate.

I got my injectors and adapters in today as well. Test fitting the injectors was spot on too.

All I'm needing is my HPFP and I'm ready to install all this at once. (doing the together since I have to take off manifold for hpfp anyways)

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Update 12/13/16!

Alright guys, here is the updated manifold coming soon (next week).

They updated the injector ports to accept a NON Extended Tip style of injector as well as adapters/spacers to use the full length injectors too. So this will be universal :)

See the pics!

IMG_5168.jpg
IMG_5167.jpg
IMG_5166.jpg
IMG_5165+%281%29.jpg

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
The more feedback you all give to me the better i can talk to the supplier/manufacturer.

This is based off the feedback i gave to them so we are seeing things change rather quickly. Once i get the manifold i will have 2 total... so i will make one into a coffee table or something... LOL

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Any need to modify CP/throttle body?

A bit concerning initial fitment was hitting oil filter housing. Implies they had never test fit it on an N54?

Reactions: Tuningservice.no

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
As a test product it would need revisions. Hence the thread and my testing. LOL

No need to modify the CP or TB, once the new part arrives i will install and test the fitment along with all the other bits. This is a development/testing thread.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
As a test product it would need revisions. Hence the thread and my testing. LOL

No need to modify the CP or TB, once the new part arrives i will install and test the fitment along with all the other bits. This is a development/testing thread.

Yea, understand that, just seems like "does it fit" would be one of those things checked prior to release, but I'm not in the business of designing these things. If not released I may have been mixing it up with one someone posted as being available thru an over seas website wholesaler previously.

How was the new one modified to allow clearance? I'm thinking it must have been hitting the bracket under the OFH between the alternator or was the manifold protruding too far wide and actually hitting OFH itself?

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
The runner on the far left side rubbed the OFH. Not a HUGE deal but with vibration it could scuff over time. Also the Ports for the injectors has been revised after talking with them about using non extended tip styles of injectors.

New one at the flange now has a slight indent/shift which is supposedly not noticeable. I will confirm once I receive.

These manifold is the same one you are referring to, but rather then everybody buying 20 from Sharp Customs (exclusive dealer for the mani) I opted to test first so there aren't 20 units floating around that don't quite fit without some rubbing.

• Informative
Reactions: R.G.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
If we isolate the PTC heater element in the rear inlet to run into the manifold just know that cold starts may become odd. PCV vapor does contain water and in freezing temps there could be issue if you bypass the heater element in the inlet tube.

So warm weather folks need not worry!