rami.ad

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
Ride
335i coupe 2009
Hey guys i need your help on this.
I changed my oil yesterday and on the way home the car went in limp mode.
Next day cold start really runs rough and got these codes all together.
Codes:
- 29CC Misfire several cylinders (actually all 6)
- 2A7C Variable camshaft timing control, intake, cold start
- 2A82 Vanos intake
- 2A98 Crankshaft - inlet camshaft, reference
- 3100 Boost pressure control, deactivation
One time i had low oil pressure code, did not show up again

Note that i have replaced injectors last month with index 12 and a new set of sparl plugs. And cleaned vanos solenoids Im on MHD stage 1 almost stock with gutted downpipes.
I have some oil consumption like 1 ltr per 2000-2500 miles. Turbo seals were on my mind before this.
Your help is Highly appreciated

2017-08-29 01.05.59.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Its actually more common than you think. When your crack the oil filter in allows debris to flow down into the intake vanos solenoid. Pull them both out and clean them. It I way common when doing and oil filter housing gasket but does happen on OK services.
Also check that you didnt pull part of the oil filter cap off with the old filter as well as you installed the new little green o ring

rami.ad

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
Ride
335i coupe 2009
But the point is misfing all cylinders
I had nothing of this after changing injectors and plugs
Do you think its the camshaft sensor?

rami.ad

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
Ride
335i coupe 2009
Hi guys I will replace the vanos solenoids on friday and i will let you know for sure
I have too much work this week and i hate busses
Thank you for the good info. The plan is as following:
1- replace vanos solenoids, myself its easy
2- camshaft sensor intake side (is this the same as crank shaft position sensor)?
I see many youtube DIY's on crankshaft sensor

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Hi guys I will replace the vanos solenoids on friday and i will let you know for sure
I have too much work this week and i hate busses
Thank you for the good info. The plan is as following:
1- replace vanos solenoids, myself its easy
2- camshaft sensor intake side (is this the same as crank shaft position sensor)?
I see many youtube DIY's on crankshaft sensor

Here is what you choose need to do step by step

1. Remove oil filter and check that you didnt throw part of it away its very common.

2. Check that you remembered to replace the little green o ring at the end if not replace it. If you don't know what I'm talking about you through the above part away. Replace oil filter cap then.

3. If all that is good swap vanos solenoids if fault follows replace the faulty solenoid. Actually just replace both.

4. Don't touch cam or crank sensor not one has ever gone bad in the history of the N54

rami.ad

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
Ride
335i coupe 2009
Here is what you choose need to do step by step

1. Remove oil filter and check that you didnt throw part of it away its very common.

2. Check that you remembered to replace the little green o ring at the end if not replace it. If you don't know what I'm talking about you through the above part away. Replace oil filter cap then.

3. If all that is good swap vanos solenoids if fault follows replace the faulty solenoid. Actually just replace both.

4. Don't touch cam or crank sensor not one has ever gone bad in the history of the N54
Oh really I will work on the car when i finish my work like 8 hours from now
Will do that i will let you know,
I suspected it was the cam shaft sensor because previously i owned a G35 coupe and once had such symtoms ended up being this.. I got this 335 like 7 months ago it seems like it has a bad reputation with faults but fuck it its fast and i like
So far i got refurbished injectors index 12 (and i reccoemenf those) from ebay
Lets see now
Thanks mate

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Oh really I will work on the car when i finish my work like 8 hours from now
Will do that i will let you know,
I suspected it was the cam shaft sensor because previously i owned a G35 coupe and once had such symtoms ended up being this.. I got this 335 like 7 months ago it seems like it has a bad reputation with faults but fuck it its fast and i like
So far i got refurbished injectors index 12 (and i reccoemenf those) from ebay
Lets see now
Thanks mate

I've been a BMW master tech for 14 years now. I've never seen a bad cam sensor yet!
I do see people and other oil change shops throw part of the filter away

Check those things first