New WR: 938whp and 861 wtq @ 35 psi

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
What main bearings were used?

I’m building mine now and could use some insights for the build.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Thread went savage fast lol. What clutch are you using and how has it help up/how have you liked it?
I mean the guy kind of deserves it. He is being such a cocky POS. Yes, this could have been done ANYTIME in the past 2 years with N20, literally ANYTIME. Justin, you knowl if we wanted that 1000WHP with N20, we could have had it easy. The car was making a consistent 850 boost only, throw a 150 shot on it, do couple glory pulls, then we claim the record, and celebrate. No sir, that is not how people who value the record do things. We will take the record boost only, then, and only then will we claim anything. Even once we do, its a number, we made MANY changes to the car to go FAST, not to make power standing still. Now if we can get this damn car to cooperate, we would be done already. Either way, I said it in my first post, this is not impressive with N20 literally at all. But different strokes....

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I mean the guy kind of deserves it. He is being such a cocky POS. Yes, this could have been done ANYTIME in the past 2 years with N20, literally ANYTIME. Justin, you knowl if we wanted that 1000WHP with N20, we could have had it easy. The car was making a consistent 850 boost only, throw a 150 shot on it, do couple glory pulls, then we claim the record, and celebrate. No sir, that is not how people who value the record do things. We will take the record boost only, then, and only then will we claim anything. Even once we do, its a number, we made MANY changes to the car to go FAST, not to make power standing still. Now if we can get this damn car to cooperate, we would be done already. Either way, I said it in my first post, this is not impressive with N20 literally at all. But different strokes....

Tony lets end this civilized because I can tell you need attention/publicity to try and sell some more record breaking turbos . I am not cocky I just dislike people who look for faults instead of the positives in things . This has no effect on you because you could easily make more than 939 so why its an issue for you only you know. Put fairy dust for all I care I will congratulate your number because it shows the potential of what the motor is capable of. My car is not done as Andy told you there is still much to be done. I had nothing to do with the original post so you need to hop off. I look forward to you surpassing 939 "ANYTIME". I agree that many changes will be needed to make the car go fast as it is still in its infancy stages there is much to be sorted.

I do hope that the post above is your last on this topic.

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT

Nitrous or not you'd be remembered for having the first 1000whp n54. I say do it for bragging rights and publicity.

Plus, Tony seems to be the only person around here that can post a full god damn dyno sheet! Lol

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Nitrous or not you'd be remembered for having the first 1000whp n54. I say do it for bragging rights and publicity.

Plus, Tony seems to be the only person around here that can post a full god damn dyno sheet! Lol

I couldn't agree more , why not do it ? that is my point ,think about the following , the sales you would get.

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
Donnie's N54 (JB4 Mobile) is also held up due to various issues with that ADE 4L80 kit. Hopefully some day its resolved and that car can run 9s like we expected it to do a year ago.

Care to explain how Donnie has RPM build him a transmission that has issues and it's an issue "with that ADE 4L80 kit"?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
All I know is the trans lasted a pull and died, and he's been trying to sort it since. Not pointing fingers but it's been hugely disappointing and held up some development items. It was supposed to be a bulletproof setup once installed. :(

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
All I know is the trans lasted a pull and died, and he's been trying to sort it since. Not pointing fingers but it's been hugely disappointing and held up some development items. It was supposed to be a bulletproof setup once installed. :(

Lol. You're kidding right?

He bought a wrecking yard transmission which I put a shift kit in... That's not "bulletproof"

Then he did not setup the TCC in the you controller (that he provided), drove to the track with 240+*f temps and went down the strip at 260+*f (knowingly) and it my fault?

His mechanic even told me the fluid looked a little burnt afterwards, but still was working and he drove it around after.

"The kit" works great. What does my "kit" have to do with the new built trans by RPM not working?

Only "disappointing" thing is "car guys" not knowing shit about cars.

topher335

Lurker
Jul 6, 2017
Ride
E92 335i
This is exactly why I do not post and I'm sure why others do not as well, about their high power builds. It's his build, he can do what he wants. It's not like he said it was the world record, that was Doublespace.

And please, about this buying parts from vendors, shut the f**k up. If someone is going to do the R&D for me and make a part, this is faster and cheaper me and everyone else.

Good job on the build so far too

Reactions: Abacus38
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area

He bought a wrecking yard transmission which I put a shift kit in... That's not "bulletproof"

Then he did not setup the TCC in the you controller (that he provided), drove to the track with 240+*f temps and went down the strip at 260+*f (knowingly) and it my fault?

His mechanic even told me the fluid looked a little burnt afterwards, but still was working and he drove it around after.

"The kit" works great. What does my "kit" have to do with the new built trans by RPM not working?

Only "disappointing" thing is "car guys" not knowing shit about cars.
If this is the case sounds like a bum deal all around, but if its just the trans, you can have a 4L at your door in like 24 hours from any number of places, he took the car to the strip months ago. I would work with him to get this done, as it can only help you sell more kits.

As for the car in this thread, I want to be clear. My comments do not represent, the tuner, the hard parts used, or the hardware manufacturers involved. Simply the way this was handled. Thrown out as a record than to be revealed it was NOS, then the guy is saying he did what NO ONE could do in 5 years. I am glad Terry stepped up, and said what I wanted to, then did. This could have been done by 4-5 vendors with N20, at just about any time in the past 2 years, it wasn't because we care about boost only, and actual fast cars, not dyno queens.

colo_evo

Corporal
Jun 6, 2017
Ride
E90 335i MT
Zmqd0_s-200x150.gif

If it was so easy somebody would have done it... nitrous or not.

Reactions: Idratherbesurfing

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I don't get why someone's stuff gets posted by someone else. It seems to me that if the dude wanted to post his stuff on a thread, then he would post it. He would be the OP, and he'd post it how he wants to represent it. I know I wouldn't want someone posting stuff about what I'm doing, but that's just me.

I also think, when someone posts "New WR", one is basically posting a bullseye on the WR's back. If I was claiming something, I would post with all the accepted information, transparency and such. This thread, which was not started by the car owner, kind of left the car owner holding the bag. It seems to be that he should not be defending the content that was originally posted - the OP should, as he chose to post it as it was - subject and body, as written.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but that's how it seems from what I read.

Filippo

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
coulda, woulda, shoulda.

could have done it is not nearly is the same league as actually doing it, IMO

Merc has the highest total WHP out of an N54, ever.

doesn't matter that is has nitrouts, what size turbo, what trans, what motor build, what boost, etc... all those factors are cool interesting information and nice to know and discuss, but they are secondary to the fact he made the most WHP from an N54 in the world. call it a dyno queen or whatever you want but he did it. he made the most whp out of everyone right now.

@Tony@VargasTurboTech If you are so butt hurt about his dyno number, then simply go for the record on your own. build a dyno queen car and take down his record.

especially because anyone "could have" done it and its just "turning the wrench and putting parts on the car" you make it seem like it would be so easy for you to make this kind of power, so lets see it. either put your money where your mouth is and show us a dyno queen going for this power; or stick to your 1/2 records and STFU in a world record thread for highest WHP which is precisely what this thread is...

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017

Maybe I heard some facts wrong and there are two sides to every story. As I said not pointing fingers on it, just stating a fact, that it has been disappointing so far. Couple that with no other reviews of the kit in the last year and it makes me wonder. I'd be a potential customer for a good working 4L80E N54 kit and his 135i is one of our single turbo development cars so needless to say I'd like the car running properly ASAP.

Reactions: AK135i