New WR: 938whp and 861 wtq @ 35 psi

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
Nice to see over 900 on the motor nitrous or not. Turbo only, nitrous, power is power. When you move beyond all motor into the realm of power adders, saying nitrous isn't fair is bullshit to me especially for small displacement engines like this. Is it applicable to people? Probably not. But adding oxygen to the chamber artificially is the name of the game. The balance to win in the end is the challenge. Nitromethane may be the answer to the limit of this function but turbo, compounding turbo, sc, twin charged, n2o, you do what you have to do to win races or dynos. I will agree that N/A > S/C > Turbo > nitrous > nitro, but power is power. 2018 will hopefully see some impressive things, I know that the next few months before I go into hibernation I'm going to try to do my part for this crowd in particular so take all this as teaser records for the real win, whoever that may be from. I have a bottle (or 3) for whichever team it may be!

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Running a 100 shot on it definitely changes things. What did it make turbo only? That's the record we're looking for!

Basically it looks like we just got a confirmation of nitrous. 100 shot is usually 100hp so that would make sense. Terry, we did 835whp 720wtq on my car with this same turbo and bit less boost.

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Admin please tag the people as needed , Im no keyboard or forum warrior please excuse my inexperience in doing so.

Let me first start by putting some more info about this build so that my responses to individuals below make more sense.

I built this car simply to build it. Not necessarily for a record , not for marketing , not to make money it was just to build it. I paid for every part of this car out of pocket no loans or freebies. I got so tired of shitty mechanics/shops that I bought a lift and I did a lot of the work myself along with my right hand man Pete .We have 0 experience with BMW's as this is my first BMW ,it was my daily car but that has now changed as the gas mileage is horrible .

We blew the original 143k mile motor @751 HP on halloween '16 after beating on it for 20+ runs at beast coast.

Andy from ADE built the motor and we installed it in June '17.

The car was first started and broken-in July '17

We have since put 116 Dyno pulls almost all over 500hp and the motor is still healthy after 116 Dyno pulls .

We installed the upgraded fuel system to go past 800hp in October '17

We made 802 horsepower mid December .

We made 939 end of December.

We are far from finished , the motor has taken all we have thrown at it and is asking for more.

116 Dyno Pulls later ..... we are on top and in less time that you veterans/O.G's have been doing this. You guys had a 5 year head start at least 5 years .

To Joe - thanks for pointing out the map was a NOS map, does that prove the nitrous activated ? How about we focus on the built motor that you have had for 2+ years that you don't hear about that only makes 750 HP ? I made that on a stock block on my first build. I looked into your build when mine was a distant goal and never questioned why a built motor only made 750, now I am .You must be this salty because it sucks to see yours look like a full bolt on car. I would be too .

To Tony - you should stop focusing on other builds and worry about your garbage turbos that I wouldn't put on my car if you paid me to. I told you this before and Ill say it again , You hate that you can't figure it out and other people have . It sucks to see other people surpass you when you do this for a living and should be at the top of the hill or at least close to it. You have blown up many motors trying to get to the top , we have not . Go get back in your lab and figure out how to stop blowing motors and stop your turbos from blowing out oil .It will make you better , my car could have had fairy dust in it fact is I made more than you . I appreciate you attention to this thread but seriously go fight a chargeback or something.

To Terry - thanks for the response , I think you should just read and not respond though . You are another guy that should have the top HP in the N54 game . I mean you sell like a million JB4's no ? spend some of that money and move the platform along ,you know the platform that put you on the map. lmao no pun intended. Its easy to jump to the next platform to collect the money for another JB4 , which I get it its a money move. You have had many years ahead of me with a lot more $ .Please provide your graph?

To Payam - sorry man I have to , I don't know what makes you think you have a job to diagnose and critique dyno graphs , not only mine but you lurk on everyone . Fix your car and get after it ,get off the forum and show us your graph making 939+.

I am the guy who fixed the BULLSHIT that you did to Omar's N55 . You remember the one that you kept for months ? the one that you sent a turbo kit that didn't fit ? the one that you used a tube of RTV instead of an O-ring on the return line ? the one that you could not get to run right ? the one that made you have to give up and take a job with JB4 I mean burger motorsports ?

In short CUT THE BULLSHIT , the car made the highest recorded HP on an N54 motor after 116 dyno pulls with only fluid changes and spark plugs . There is not one person in here that can say they have done that with any motor .

I thank Andy @AD-ENG , Ed @Force Fed Racing , Ken @WedgePerformance and all the others involved in this project.

We are far from finished and will be back with more in the coming months , I will be setting up a post with the build details and lost of video and photos .

This was not a thread for drama I just needed to point out that the people talking shit are SALTY , get something to top it use whatever you want just show us the number we need to beat until then please STFU and enjoy the ride.

M3RCLESS

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Nice to see over 900 on the motor nitrous or not. Turbo only, nitrous, power is power. When you move beyond all motor into the realm of power adders, saying nitrous isn't fair is bullshit to me especially for small displacement engines like this. Is it applicable to people? Probably not. But adding oxygen to the chamber artificially is the name of the game. The balance to win in the end is the challenge. Nitromethane may be the answer to the limit of this function but turbo, compounding turbo, sc, twin charged, n2o, you do what you have to do to win races or dynos. I will agree that N/A > S/C > Turbo > nitrous > nitro, but power is power. 2018 will hopefully see some impressive things, I know that the next few months before I go into hibernation I'm going to try to do my part for this crowd in particular so take all this as teaser records for the real win, whoever that may be from. I have a bottle (or 3) for whichever team it may be!
NOS isn't cheating at all. Its another way of adding power. BUT there needs to be defininte admission when it is used. Why, because its a distinct advantage. If its used, and its not admitted, then yes that is as bad as saying you are giving pump gas numbers, but you have race gas in the tank. My statment stands if it was used, this is the nitrous record, NOT boost only.

Also just a heads up way back when (07/2016), when we were trying to diagnose the ABR engine debacle, we put what was supposed to be a calculated (jet sizes) 100HP wet shot on the car to test a few things. The car instantly picked up over 200WHP/200WTQ these car like NOS, and in my testing the gains were much higher than calculated. This could very well be if you look at the log the car picked up a ton of boost, so the nitrous was not only adding power, it was making the turbos work harder, so a compound result was had, either way a 100 shot picked up twice what it was supposed to on the same map....

Logs:
Before - https://datazap.me/u/vargasturbotec...on-07-26-16?log=0&data=4-15-23-27&zoom=26-115
After - https://datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/stage-3-nos-comparion-07-26-16?log=1&data=4-15-23&zoom=146-204

N54 NOS before - after.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: AK135i and M3RCLESS
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
As for the owner, holy novel. If you spent 1/50th of the time providing a solid graph, or an actual log as you did writing that, people would not be questioning your bullshit results. Whenever someones posts a "record" with nothing to back it up but a half of a fucking graph, NO log, and a map that says NOS, and their "excuse" is. BUT did we activate it. Holy shit what a shady piece of shit you are. Congrats your car is a dyno queen. What has it trapped in the 1/2 mile, ET in the 1/4 mile? Let me guess you will get to it right? Sure you will......... Calling out Joe who actually held the 1/2 mile record for a while, and the people who currently hold it, when all you have done is cite a record with some many question marks it's hilarious, then you write a novel about it. Let us know when you get your car to the track or event. Hopefully, I will be there, you will do whatever other shit talker does, tries to be friendly to my face like I forgot the shit they said. Your car is a dyno queen on nitrous, with no logs, and half dyno graphs, nothing more. Happy New Year!

Ps if any one had any questions about what kind of a douchebag we are dealing with. He fucking signs his posts with his shitty car name. Where is the beating your head into a brick wall emoji when you need it....

• Funny
  • Sad
Reactions: AK135i and M3RCLESS

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
As for the owner, holy novel. If you spent 1/50th of the time providing a solid graph, or an actual log as you did writing that, people would not be questioning your bullshit results. Whenever someones posts a "record" with nothing to back it up but a half of a fucking graph, NO log, and a map that says NOS, and their "excuse" is. BUT did we activate it. Holy shit what a shady piece of shit you are. Congrats your car is a dyno queen. What has it trapped in the 1/2 mile, ET in the 1/4 mile? Let me guess you will get to it right? Sure you will......... Calling out Joe who actually held the 1/2 mile record for a while, and the people who currently hold it, when all you have done is cite a record with some many question marks it's hilarious, then you write a novel about it. Let us know when you get your car to the track or event. Hopefully, I will be there, you will do whatever other shit talker does, tries to be friendly to my face like I forgot the shit they said. Your car is a dyno queen on nitrous, with no logs, and half dyno graphs, nothing more. Happy New Year!

Ps if any one had any questions about what kind of a douchebag we are dealing with. He fucking signs his posts with his shitty car name. Where is the beating your head into a brick wall emoji when you need it....
Anyone who knows me will tell you I will not be friendly hah , I am not that guy . I will tell you to fuck yourself from 6 inches away , what record do you hold ? blown motors or blown turbos ? Maybe both ?

Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i
For the record, M3rcless didnt post any of these reaults. Someone else did this without his consent so this info shouldnt even be out.

Anyone who says this is bullshit line up your cars. This man doesnt need any of my money but ill sure chip in to have his car sent to Cali so he can rape every car out there. No one can appriciate any good people accomplish.

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i

its funny if you spent 1/50th of the time you spend talking shit about other peoples car then Pure and MMP wouldn't be out selling your POS turbos . People consider your products the "Harbor freight" of BMW turbos . Simply disposable you should call them GC temps , lmao .

Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i
its funny if you spent 1/50th of the time you spend talking shit about other peoples car then Pure and MMP wouldn't be out selling your POS turbos . People consider your products the "Harbor freight" of BMW turbos . Simply disposable you should call them GC temps , lmao .

Hahahahaha "Harbor Freight of turbos" dude. Thats incredible. Cant think of anything i rather not buy.

• Agree
Reactions: M3RCLESS

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Nice!! Hopefully we can get a full graph.

Basically it looks like we just got a confirmation of nitrous. 100 shot is usually 100hp so that would make sense. Terry, we did 835whp 720wtq on my car with this same turbo and bit less boost.

To Payam - sorry man I have to , I don't know what makes you think you have a job to diagnose and critique dyno graphs , not only mine but you lurk on everyone . Fix your car and get after it ,get off the forum and show us your graph making 939+.

I am the guy who fixed the BULLSHIT that you did to Omar's N55 . You remember the one that you kept for months ? the one that you sent a turbo kit that didn't fit ? the one that you used a tube of RTV instead of an O-ring on the return line ? the one that you could not get to run right ? the one that made you have to give up and take a job with JB4 I mean burger motorsports ?

In short CUT THE BULLSHIT , the car made the highest recorded HP on an N54 motor after 116 dyno pulls with only fluid changes and spark plugs . There is not one person in here that can say they have done that with any motor .

I have no idea why you're so upset... I didn't say anything wrong here did I?

Again with Omar's car... I never worked on that car personally so nothing for me to say about that stuff. The car worked flawless when I had it, it dyno'd over 600whp and made a WR so... maybe get your info sorted out before you make assumptions. Funny, nothing made me give up... I saw a great opportunity and I grabbed it. You have no idea what goes on in my personal life but seems like you got the answers to everything now.

Congrats again on the numbers, now go out and make some passes.

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I have no idea why you're so upset... I didn't say anything wrong here did I?

Again with Omar's car... I never worked on that car personally so nothing for me to say about that stuff. The car worked flawless when I had it, it dyno'd over 600whp and made a WR so... maybe get your info sorted out before you make assumptions. Funny, nothing made me give up... I saw a great opportunity and I grabbed it. You have no idea what goes on in my personal life but seems like you got the answers to everything now.

Congrats again on the numbers, now go out and make some passes.

thanks , I think the fact that everyone is trying to discredit the fact that it made the highest recorded HP made me a bit salty. I guess its the N54 way , I stand corrected on why you gave up but the way that car came back wasn't a WR car at all .We won't go further because I still have all the pics , even if you didn't work on it it was your attempt at the first ST N55 .

We will be out in this spring its 15-20 degrees out now so no passes for me .

• Agree
Reactions: Boosted_135

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
To Terry - thanks for the response , I think you should just read and not respond though . You are another guy that should have the top HP in the N54 game . I mean you sell like a million JB4's no ? spend some of that money and move the platform along ,you know the platform that put you on the map. lmao no pun intended. Its easy to jump to the next platform to collect the money for another JB4 , which I get it its a money move. You have had many years ahead of me with a lot more $ .Please provide your graph?

I read the thread because I thought it hit 930whp turbo only and wanted to give kudos to whoever did the turbo/manifold setup. But if it was on N20, anyone could have done that at any time in the last 5 years, IMHO. Still cool in its own way but not the same thing.

We hit 830whp turbo only on Payam's stock motor car in 2015. As most know we've got a couple big N54 builds in the works. Between the 4x N54 cars BMS owns directly and the extra 4x employee owned N54 cars (including a couple by Payam), the N54 platform gets a lot of attention here. Not to mention the N54s Fuel-IT owns who we work closely with. And did I mention we sponsor and turn up at every 1/2 mile race close to us? When our main cars are down we just take backup cars.

Anyway you can't race dynos right? Let me know when you break 140mph with the setup. It took me only ~650whp on a bum transmission to do it. :)

And Payam's 2015 stock motor dyno if interested:
attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Payam@BMS

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I read the thread because I thought it hit 930whp turbo only and wanted to give kudos to whoever did the turbo/manifold setup. But if it was on N20, anyone could have done that at any time in the last 5 years, IMHO. Still cool in its own way but not the same thing.

Lmao anyone could have done it yet it wasn't done huh , makes sense . I will await those numbers from the "big n54 builds" . You need to be at every event its marketing for your company you don't do this for fun so don't expect any credit for that. My statement still stands I am a rookie at this and we made it to the top in a little over a year and we are not done , we are far from finished.

• Dumb
Reactions: AK135i

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Lmao anyone could have done it yet it wasn't done huh , makes sense . I will await those numbers from the "big n54 builds" . You need to be at every event its marketing for your company you don't do this for fun so don't expect any credit for that. My statement still stands I am a rookie at this and we made it to the top in a little over a year and we are not done , we are far from finished.

Like most in this industry and our employees we do this for fun because we enjoy it, and we found a way to make a living doing what we enjoy. :)

If we're going back in time we added N20 integration to the JB4 in I think 2009, a couple guys ran 11.0 stock turbos with it, and we all had a good laugh and moved along as a platform. I guess everything old is new again.

In terms of being a "rookie" and hitting a number, you're just bolting parts someone else made to the car, right? It's not like a ton of experience is required. Just some money and time. Kudos to hitting the number but you aren't answering the question we're all asking. What did it make off the bottle?

In terms of our N54 projects I think our ~5.8s 60-130mph is also still a WR for the N54 platform, along with the 140mph 1/4 trap. Not that either is particularly impressive but we're still at the top at least in those categories. Anyway the 135i is going to kill it in the 1/2 mile when done. Hold up has been the new ACF turbo kit, delaying the project over 6 months now. We had Vargas build us a new motor for the setup and I'm anxious to get back to racing it.

Donnie's N54 (JB4 Mobile) is also held up due to various issues with that ADE 4L80 kit. Hopefully some day its resolved and that car can run 9s like we expected it to do a year ago. =/

Just to add some content to my post an interior shot of our white 135i:
attachment.jpg

Reactions: Payam@BMS

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I'd say this is far from "salty" but more ragey, lol. I know Joe called out the cropped sheet here, but this was posted on bummerboost a bit earlier and I know I called out the "instagram cool" cropped graph. How hard is it to post a proper graph unless there is something to hide, which we now know is that it was falling over on the top. So what. it still made 939 whp, who cares what happens after that - it's a work in progress.

Have to reiterate what Terry said as far as this goes - congrats on spending some money and turning some wrenches to install those parts. I'm betting most of the owners of the 1500+ HP Underground Racing turbo Lambos don't even do that much, so kudos on turning the wrench.

But really, lighten up, sheesh.

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I'd say this is far from "salty" but more ragey, lol. I know Joe called out the cropped sheet here, but this was posted on bummerboost a bit earlier and I know I called out the "instagram cool" cropped graph. How hard is it to post a proper graph unless there is something to hide, which we now know is that it was falling over on the top. So what. it still made 939 whp, who cares what happens after that - it's a work in progress.

Have to reiterate what Terry said as far as this goes - congrats on spending some money and turning some wrenches to install those parts. I'm betting most of the owners of the 1500+ HP Underground Racing turbo Lambos don't even do that much, so kudos on turning the wrench.

so I guess I need to build my own parts ? doesn't everyone buy parts from a vendor? I guess everyone makes everything. KY

Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i

This post shouldn't even be up, becuase the car owner had nothing to do with it. He wouldn't have claimed record numbers without videos and full graphs hes not stupid. So he will post it when hes ready...

Reactions: 4doorbmwpower