N54 Need advice to add 2nd pump to my Stage 2 fuel set-up

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah I've been in a car with a aftermarket fuel line not properly secured and it caught on fire during a 60 roll

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
The fire didn't really start to get going until the driver pulled over and popped the hood, then it erupted because it got some oxygen. Felt bad for the chick in the e92 backseat she was scared out of her mind I didn't really care all to much wasn't my car and I did what I could to try and tone the fire down

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah I roll around with the biggest and best one you can buy from home depot. $100 bucks is a drop on the bucket compared to how much I got into this turd

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

JonEQuest

Private
Nov 7, 2018
Kenner Louisiana USA
Ride
2008 335i Convertible
I went ahead and ordered another walbro 450 and an AN6 T connector with fittings. I am going to just do like some setups I seen on YouTube where you fab up a T to the two pumps and and tie strap the pumps in place. If I didn't already have a Fuel-It stage 2 pump I would just buy a setup they sell on Amazon. It has two Walbro 450's connected to a custom Y hose and is in its own bucket. Looks like a nice drop in upgrade for anyone still stock and it only costs $399.

Reactions: Torgus

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Yeah I've been in a car with a aftermarket fuel line not properly secured and it caught on fire during a 60 roll
Any fuel line not properly secured is a potential fire hazard!

My home made stage 3 below........... a pump bracket bolted to a bent piece of aluminum which was then bolted to the bucket at the side and bottom, only issue with this set up is that the additional pump and bracketry has to be installed AFTER the bucket is placed in the tank, difficult and annoying but very doable, the clamp can be found here and the Y hose and fittings are from PR/BMP.

Attachments

• D0530B95-D29E-4141-A2FD-EAF54C07E90C.jpeg
    D0530B95-D29E-4141-A2FD-EAF54C07E90C.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Reactions: JonEQuest

JonEQuest

Private
Nov 7, 2018
Kenner Louisiana USA
Ride
2008 335i Convertible
Any fuel line not properly secured is a potential fire hazard!

My home made stage 3 below........... a pump bracket bolted to a bent piece of aluminum which was then bolted to the bucket at the side and bottom, only issue with this set up is that the additional pump and bracketry has to be installed AFTER the bucket is placed in the tank, difficult and annoying but very doable, the clamp can be found here and the Y hose and fittings are from PR/BMP.
This is kind of what I will be doing soon. I may make a custom aluminum bracket to add the second Walbro to my bucket. I know tie straps are supposed to be fine but no one knows how long they last submerged in fuel or ethanol. I am tempted to do an aftermarket fuel line to add an ethanol sensor. Does the sensor allow your tune to auto adjust based on fuel rating or it is just information to tell you what tune to manually switch to?
I already have the JB4 port injection controller and I just ordered a Phoenix manifold with 750cc injectors.

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I have a Reflex so the E sensor information is actually broadcasted on the CAN network which allows the DME to do automatic flex fueling, this is all made possible through a tuning platform of course.

Reactions: JonEQuest