N55 upgrades on high power

gachdavit

Private
Mar 25, 2022
Hello guys,

I finally decide to keep my car 335i E90 {N55 PWG}, manufactured in 2010 automatic gearbox (No DCT). Mileage this moment is 150,000KM.

I need advice from experienced people, what kind of upgrades is neccessary to handle a big power. For instance, `Speedtech` HP charts says, that `Precision` turbocharger is capable to hit 1150HP using E85. Based on `Speedtech`, multiply this number on 0.7 and this is power output using pump gas. Let's imagine guys, that you are going to use this kit for your N55 cars and all kind of supported mods (Like HPFP/LPFP/etc).

Mostly this moment, I am interested in what kind of upgrades will be a necessary for car ?

1) -- Engine
Do I need to upgrade pistons/rods/bearings ? I mean what else in engine must be upgraded ? And what will stay under the risk as well ? Engine has a lot of components and want to know, what else should be upgraded/optimized.

2) -- Transmission
Any kind of upgrade option for my automatic transmission ? Can I make an existing transmission capable to handle big power ? Or DCT swap is the way ?

3) -- Differential
I must change differential completely ? If yes, what is an options ? Or I need just an LSD ?

4) -- Testing
Until I start all these processes, what procedures I must make to check if engine is fresh enough ? What's the name of these procedures ?

My budget is ~15-20K, and want to know your opinion guys. Please share your knowledge.

Please don't make this post {N54 is the better engine than N55}.

Thanks !

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
What are your power goals at the wheels?

Do you have E85 access? If not, what fuel do you have available and will you consider using meth?

gachdavit

Private
Mar 25, 2022
Hello,

Best fuel in my country is 98RON (I always use this fuel).
We do not have E85 stations, but we have an access on ethanol and we are blending it ourself. Yes, I am going to use meth as well.

I want to achieve:

Maximum from:
98RON
E30
E50
E85

If I say, I want to achieve 600-650WHP with 98RON, maybe this is living in illusions ? Is it possible at all ?

I want to achieve maximum from each type of fuel, with the best turbo kit and excellent fueling system.