MOTIV RE|FLEX - ADVANCED I/O INTEGRATION

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
I guess i'lll be getting whatever they have on hand now, ill ask them what version it is.

lilg1993

Private
Jun 3, 2020
I guess i'lll be getting whatever they have on hand now, ill ask them what version it is.
If you paid 'only' $650, it'll be the old version.
What's different on the new version? I must have missed that. I was planning on ordering it this week
Check my post from page 3 of this thread, post #57. I am eagerly awaiting this updated version to be available, at which point I will be buying it immediately lol

Reactions: KevinC39

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i

Check my post from page 3 of this thread, post #57. I am eagerly awaiting this updated version to be available, at which point I will be buying it immediately lol
Awesome, I suppose I'll have to wait another week or two, no big deal there.

Reactions: lilg1993

E90FAN

Lurker
Mar 13, 2021
Howdy :)

I have a Re-Flex with the ECA and harness if anyone is looking for one.

BNIB

Went with a 2j and Maxxecu for the ultimate PI setup ;)

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020

May I ask where you got your information? Nowhere on the web site, including the instruction manual document does it mention that another module is required in order to integrate an E sensor as a matter of fact page 4 section 6 of the user guide specifies-" Built in ECA, cutting costs and complexity" , if this is NOT actually the case then this is misleading and false advertising, pure and simple!..

Last edited:

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Received via E mail from Motive:

" Hey Marcel -

There is a new version of the ReFlex as a result of the pandemic and supply chains running dry. We had to redesign it with a new injector driver trip as there was over a 100 week lead time on the one we originally used. They have not been produced yet and will not start shipping for a bit. There are only minor differences to the updated design. The new driver has 2 additional inputs and outputs. The remainder of the kit is the same. "
If you think the price difference and time is worth it .

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Soooo, my order didn't leave yet so I decided to cancel it, pay the extra $100 and wait the 3 weeks for the new version as I am not in a hurry.

Last edited:

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Anyone have more information on the claim by Visconti Tuning that he/they have successfully gotten the DME to directly control the Reflex via can Bus? if this claim is a true its a sign of things to come which would be truly revolutionary for our platforms!

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
The DME on our Supra has complete control of the Reflex via canbus. It takes all the factors, and changes PI, etc, etc to keep everything happy, while also doing complete flex based on the signal coming in through the reflex. Seems to work great so far

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Anyone have more information on the claim by Visconti Tuning that he/they have successfully gotten the DME to directly control the Reflex via can Bus? if this claim is a true its a sign of things to come which would be truly revolutionary for our platforms!

Visconti did nothing aside from be a test mule. Ecutek engineers wrote that functionality.

We @ MHD will be expanding our ReFlex integration to feature two way comms as well :)

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
The DME on our Supra has complete control of the Reflex via canbus. It takes all the factors, and changes PI, etc, etc to keep everything happy, while also doing complete flex based on the signal coming in through the reflex. Seems to work great so far
Was www!

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Visconti did nothing aside from be a test mule. Ecutek engineers wrote that functionality.

We @ MHD will be expanding our ReFlex integration to feature two way comms as well :)
That will be super AWESOME! I am so happy I decided to go with you guys and the RE Flex!

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2

Does this apply to e series N55 as well?

Reactions: KevinC39

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Question! anyone know if the Re Flex is compatible (or incompatible!) with other CAN sharing devices like a P3 v3 gauge or Torque Byte CM5-LTS ?