Reflex+ MHD CAN Integration - TPS and clutch supported?

ddoublee

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Ride
07 335i
I recently completed a full overhaul of my fuel system, along with PI and Reflex+, and I am currently in the process of re-tuning my car to work with PI. I have been running Motiv FF for years, so with the Reflex+ install I switched to the CAN integration, and everything is working great. After getting my 93 tables somewhat sorted, I put some e85 in the car, currently sitting around E70. With this level of ethanol, the PI is contributing a lot more, and I started noticing backfires after getting into a little boost and letting off. I noticed it seems that the Reflex+ fuel cut might not be working.

Right now I'm using the base map provided by Motiv for the reflex with just a few changes to it. I noticed the the clutch switch fuel cut is not enabled by default, so I was going to enable it, but then I noticed when viewing the live data in the data lists, I am not getting any readings for throttle position or clutch state.

I would assume this data would have be coming from CAN, but I know my CAN data is working, so I'm not even sure if these are supported on N54? Can anyone confirm if you are able to see this data?

I do have the PI safety enabled in the MHD flashtime options, but do I need to be concerned about PI fuel cut when I let off? Attached are screenshots of the values I am referring to.

Attachments

• 2024-04-14 15_09_33-Lists.png
    2024-04-14 15_09_33-Lists.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2024-04-14 15_08_53-Lists.png
    2024-04-14 15_08_53-Lists.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 6

ddoublee

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Ride
07 335i
@Jake@MHD Any help here? Been asking this around different places, either no one understands what I'm asking or they simply don't know. No response from Motiv either.

ddoublee

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Ride
07 335i
Also, forgot to add, I am running the latest 6.24 firmware and started with the Motiv base map they provide.

These are the PI fuel cut settings I am referring to and how its currently configured.

Attachments

• 2024-04-17 08_42_33-PI_Fuel_cut_options.png
    2024-04-17 08_42_33-PI_Fuel_cut_options.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2024-04-17 08_PI_fuel_cut_config .png
    2024-04-17 08_PI_fuel_cut_config .png
    14.8 KB · Views: 5

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
I just checked a log I pulled from the Reflex but I did not find any Throttle and or clutch data as well on V42.

On their website the changelog states following:

V6.2
Clutch and throttle canbus support for E-series BMW

Did you update the HEX file as well?

Reactions: ddoublee

ddoublee

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Ride
07 335i
Thanks for checking for me. So I did get a partial answer back from Motiv, they said that while the Reflex does see the data, it is not displayed in the data list normally, but can be grabbed with an adx command. They did not give any detail on the adx command though, so I replied and asked for more info and I'm waiting to see if they reply.

I did try the requestandreceive commands, and with one of them I was able to get it to populate some data, but it would always report the throttle position as 255 and clutch position as FF, and then it would freeze my data stream and I would have to initialize TunerPro again.

They showed how it should be configured and I confirmed that mine was set properly. I did realize though that I had been using the 5.99 xdf file, so I fixed that.

I'm still not sure if what I'm seeing is normal though, I've added a log from last night, you can see I let off completely at 5700 rpm, but PI duty cycle remains for quite some time until engine speed falls below 4300 rpm. Lambda is weird too, first it spikes to 45:1, and then falls back to 10:1 and then slowly climbs to 234 like normal.

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
Take a look at your STFTs. It looks like you need to pull some fuel out of the PI tables. I try to shoot for 0% trims.

ddoublee

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Ride
07 335i
Take a look at your STFTs. It looks like you need to pull some fuel out of the PI tables. I try to shoot for 0% trims.
Yeah I know I have a long way to go on the tune, I've only driven the car a handful of times since installing the PI. This was on the way home from the gas station and the first run with this level of ethanol. I'm okay with it for now as long as the trims are negative. I've still got 4 new o2 sensors I need to install, I'll focus more on getting the trims leveled out once I get those in.