B58 M140i B58 MHD cyl timing corrections log Review

Mondhund

Feb 10, 2022
Munich, Germany
Ride
2018 BMW M140i xDrive
Hello together!

meanwhile I drive for a week the MHD Stage 1 on my M140i and thought that I should now take a closer look at the logs.

I fill up exclusively at Shell V-Power with 100RON, so about 94oct.

Enclosed now my logs, which I have recorded:

with93oct stage1: https://datazap.me/u/mondhund/log-1644356797?log=0&data=0-16-31-32-33-34-35-36&solo=10

with 91oct stage1: https://datazap.me/u/mondhund/log-1644447041?log=0&data=11-23-39-40-41-42-43-44&zoom=0-124

The difference is now not particularly large, except that the ignition corrections with the 91oct map have adjusted themselves clearly faster again against 0.
And in 4th gear there were no corrections at all at the end.

I was driving with DSC off, however with xHP in 3rd gear there was still a torque limiter set. I will remove that in the course of the week.

My spark plugs are almost 3 years old and have a good 25,000 miles on them. New ones are already ordered!

Generally speaking, can I now drive stable in the long term if I drive appropriately and do not have to call up my power at every traffic light?

I want to have a good mix of longevity and performance, and not have to throw away my engine right after a year.

Thank you for your time!

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm still new and need to get an overview :)

Kind regards
Fabian

#Edit: I've now done another test while modfiying my MHD & xHP Settings. I turned the intercooler Sport mode to OFF, changed the Mode to "default", turned OFF "valve open in sport mode" and by Downpipe i selected "OEM", even though i have an HJS 300Cell DP. Interesting! :)

Last edited:

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Hi Fabian,

if you want to have a healthy engine you should try to avoid timing corrections. The less timing engine pulls the better it performs. On the two logs you posted (93 and 91 oct) the corrections are terrible (in my opinion). Cyl. 2 pulls more than 7° of ign. timing which is quite a lot. My old N54 would throw a superknock code immediately. You dont want that to happen. So you can increase your octane (which i guess you cant) or change the tune. In your case i would check the tune, as you are already on high quality fuel.

First of all, change the plugs. Maybe you already did that meanwhile and thats why the last log looks perfect. Its too perfect to be honest, you sure you did not touch the knock settings?