Just another MMP Stage 3 Dyno

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I finally dyno'd my hoopty. Thought I'd share some results.

xXJAN73.jpg

• MMP stage 3 turbos, inlets and outlets
  • DIY twin 450 LPFP and harness with 15 psi hobbs
  • MMP port injection (gen 1) with AIC6
  • Full e85 (tested at 84% ethanol)
  • Precision Raceworks FPR/return line kit
  • VRSF 7.5" Race IC, downpipes, charge pipe, intakes, etc.
Flash only MHD tuning by @V8bait Justin - 692 whp / 570 wtq

4yLAGU3.jpg

Temperature was in the 70s, and humidity around 60%. Shop owner stated they had the newest Dynojet software which reads a bit low, or something like that. I don't know anything about dyno software, I just send. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dyno pulls done from ~3k rpm in 4th gear. Will be logging and posting street pulls from lower rpms to test spool, and the accuracy of Virtual Dyno.

Shout-out to:
  • Justin H. - great to work with and very knowledgeable tuner
  • VRSF - great to deal with, I run a lot of their parts never had an issue
  • @pcracing - much thanks for helping with my DIY LPFP
  • Motiv - closed deck motor running like a top for almost 20k miles

Last edited:

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
Nice numbers. Does anyone know how the MMP 1k compare to the original GCs?

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Just to confirn, your first post mentions a shoutout about a motor, you have a built motor? If so why not post those specs as well since it's not just the turbos but the engine that attributed to those numbers.

• Dislike
Reactions: Vncung

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Awesome numbers! I have some questions that you or V8Bait may be able to answer, as I'm still new to this platform.

1. You said the dyno started at 3000 rpms, but the datalog shows full throttle just before 4000 rpms. Is that an "auto" thing? (assuming your car is an automatic)

2. Your WGDC steadily increases thru the run. Is that normal? All of my logs have the WGDC (base value and after pid) flat. My tuner didn't have me log wgdc %, just the base value and after pid value. Is there a reason? What's the difference? I haven't found enough on DME tuning to know what the PID is.

3. Any idea what happened to the timing in the last 100 rpms? It dropped all the way to 0 before throttle was lifted. Is that a cause for concern?

4. What is the difference in load requested values? I notice a difference in yours and mine. not huge, but mine is only requesting 180, and yours is at 200. Just curious what that even means, or results in.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Just to confirn, your first post mentions a shoutout about a motor, you have a built motor? If so why not post those specs as well since it's not just the turbos but the engine that attributed to those numbers.

I forget who the quote is attributed to, but there is no power made in the bottom end of a motor. I thinking he has a built shortblock, i.e. pistons and rods. I would think a ported head or cams would be disclosed.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I forget who the quote is attributed to, but there is no power made in the bottom end of a motor. I thinking he has a built shortblock, i.e. pistons and rods. I would think a ported head or cams would be disclosed.

The head is stock. I didn't want to deal with VAC; at the time they were the only option.

CR is also stock. No difference in power from a stock motor other than I can have full torque at low rpms that otherwise would bend rods.

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
The head is stock. I didn't want to deal with VAC; at the time they were the only option.

CR is also stock. No difference in power from a stock motor other than I can have full torque at low rpms that otherwise would bend rods.

So it's just updated forged rods and pistons? Out of curiosty, how much did it cost you? What's your engines maximum power potential?

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Wow that's awesome, I am jealous you have no timing corrections on cylinder 5 LOL. Did you use the de-sensitized knock tables to achieve that? Just wondering.

Z

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I had to desensitize the knock sensors a lot. Aftermarket pistons / closed deck insert generate and transmit much more noise to the knock sensors, though this varies depending on who built / assembled the motor. We figured out it was false knocking due to some ingenuity on Justin's part.

Turns out Terry encountered the same problem back in 2014: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=339464&postcount=1

I'm on factory knock tables and have trim pots wired into the knock sensors at 70k ohms. Started with 65k ohms and turned it up until most of the timing corrections were gone. I check spark plugs regularly for signs of pre-ignition / detonation, and over 10k miles of abuse at 30 psi they've held up great.

That being said, it's a risky solution that isn't for everyone. DO NOT ATTEMPT if you have a stock motor.