Jb4 32_6 firmware update meth problems

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
I don't know what your meth settings would have to do with your idle, unless you managed to purge in to the chargepipe somehow by mistake, and need to burn off methanol in the intake piping.
I'd do a prime and find out if the flows are the same\similar still, and go from there.
After priming the meth system with both FW they produced an equal amount of fluid and 32_6 still wouldn't budge over 75% flow, i guess 32_6 isn't friendly to my car, so be it. Ill just continue to log, if Terry says its normal then I'm not going to argue. Also figured out stumbling idle, spark plugs from cylinders 2 and 5 had cracked/chipped porcelain on the tips. swapped plugs and misfires codes followed, so I'm happy that was an easy fix. I can only assume during the last pull when meth flow went down did it detonated at that point, I pulled them earlier that day and they were perfect.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
If meth flow drops so does boost to avoid the risk of detonation. If the plugs were damaged shortly after you pulled them the process of removing and reinstalling seems a more likely culprit.

Anything over 60% flow is scaled to the "normal" range at 100% dutycycle (with an FSB scaling setting of 60, the default).

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
If meth flow drops so does boost to avoid the risk of detonation. If the plugs were damaged shortly after you pulled them the process of removing and reinstalling seems a more likely culprit.

Anything over 60% flow is scaled to the "normal" range at 100% dutycycle (with an FSB scaling setting of 60, the default).
I mentioned in my previous reply's that it would only reach 50% flow at best when logging on map3, with the nozzle out while priming it would reach a max of 75%. I doubt I damaged the plugs while reinstalling, the porcelain was chipped underneath the prong.:) I know you don't have time to respond to every stupid question on the fourms, thanks again.

Last edited:

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
After priming the meth system with both FW they produced an equal amount of fluid and 32_6 still wouldn't budge over 75% flow, i guess 32_6 isn't friendly to my car, so be it. Ill just continue to log, if Terry says its normal then I'm not going to argue. Also figured out stumbling idle, spark plugs from cylinders 2 and 5 had cracked/chipped porcelain on the tips. swapped plugs and misfires codes followed, so I'm happy that was an easy fix. I can only assume during the last pull when meth flow went down did it detonated at that point, I pulled them earlier that day and they were perfect.

I think you're misunderstanding, the new firmware is working perfectly fine is the amount of flow is still the same. It's going to show lower, the main point was to find out if in fact, it was flowing less. Since it is not, then 32.6 is working fine, the flow is just showing lower due to the update, its functioning as it should...

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
I think you're misunderstanding, the new firmware is working perfectly fine is the amount of flow is still the same. It's going to show lower, the main point was to find out if in fact, it was flowing less. Since it is not, then 32.6 is working fine, the flow is just showing lower due to the update, its functioning as it should...
What Im trying to say is im hitting 40-50% while its installed and driving, im hitting 75% while purging... if 50% flow is equal to 75% flow on the previous firmware that's understandable, but not worth detonation. 40-50% makes me uneasy, if I'm flowing equal rates at 100% vs 75%, I can only assume I'm hitting a 50% is relative to 60-75% flow while installed and driving.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
During a purge the line is off the nozzle or solenoid, the pump does not build much pressure, so the "flow" reading will be much lower. If it's not then something doesn't add up.

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Yeah I wouldn't doubt your pump is giving out at 3 years old. with the new hex, while priming mine showed about 25-40% flow. but while driving, after a couple 3rd gear pulls it learned its way back to 100% flow.

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
That's typical if the internal regulator in the pump is starting to crap out. Sometimes it will be fine, other times will flake out for a bit.

macsboost

Sep 2, 2017
Ride
335xi
can someone please send me g5_iso_32_5.hex
I have the exact problem. I've been pulling my hair out as my meth flow as indicated was low. I didnt have the old firmware to go back and I've tried everything else. I even replaced the FSB with the new one but am still reading about 30% flow. I bet if I go back I'll have 100%. The problem is not my pump or fsb. Flow and pressure are good.