IS right engine mount now $679!!!!!! WTF?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I wonder how much more fuel it really uses? While the RPMs are higher by say 400rpms there is still zero load on the engine. That being said I don't worry about MPG but this is my toy.

I'm all about little things adding up. For example, a little fuel extra can add up, as well as a little more stress on the engine at higher idle can add up. Just want to make it last longer.

Reactions: derekgates

Lurcher

Sergeant
Apr 6, 2018
Dallas, TX but soon to be Cocoa Beach FL
Ride
2012 z4
Realizing this thread is now 3 years old and I'm stil looking at too many boxes of parts. Fond a shop I can trust now - so doing what was unthinkable a few years ago and about to drop it off. Tail of the dragon is only 3 hrs away for me now, so getting ready.

And - current pricing on the above mount (240) is $272 - so only injectors are crazy priced now...

Reactions: Torgus and NoGuru

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Realizing this thread is now 3 years old and I'm stil looking at too many boxes of parts. Fond a shop I can trust now - so doing what was unthinkable a few years ago and about to drop it off. Tail of the dragon is only 3 hrs away for me now, so getting ready.

And - current pricing on the above mount (240) is $272 - so only injectors are crazy priced now...
Jezzus..... I think I paid 60 a piece for stock bmw mounts last year. E60 though.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
You could pick up this E61 manual trans m-sport on Facebook ... guy is only asking $47k :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Prices for old bmws is getting out of hand. I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying a couple n54 beaters before prices went through the roof.

GnomeChild

Private
Sep 14, 2018
California
Ride
e90 335i LCI M-Sport
What exactly is special about the is mounts? Why was it only included on one side from the factory? Are you guys running two 240 mounts on both driver/passenger side?