IS right engine mount now $679!!!!!! WTF?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
@Lurcher ... just remember it's a system :-D ... yeah you'll want the suspension. Weird part for me was that the Öhlins R&T actually improved my ride while improving the handling.

Filippo

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
@Lurcher ... just remember it's a system :-D ... yeah you'll want the suspension. Weird part for me was that the Öhlins R&T actually improved my ride while improving the handling.

Filippo

Ohlins is next on my list after Braum light weight seats. Apparently my seats are around 110lbs. each with all the knick knacks... so the Braums will be 25 lbs per piece and plus the rails... no idea how heavy the rails are but I am thinking changing seats will lose at least 110 lbs. in the front center...then delete the rear seat fold down...and lose another 40 lbs.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Weight loss - the other way to go fast. Some would say, the better way to go fast :).

Holler when it is Öhlins time.

Filippo

lilg1993

Private
Jun 3, 2020
So I know this is kind of an older thread, but is anybody able to explain WHY the 335is passenger side mount is listed for nearly $900 on ECS right now?

And what would somebody pay for used 335is motor/trans mounts these days? Nothing wrong with them I just went with aftermarket...

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
So I know this is kind of an older thread, but is anybody able to explain WHY the 335is passenger side mount is listed for nearly $900 on ECS right now?

And what would somebody pay for used 335is motor/trans mounts these days? Nothing wrong with them I just went with aftermarket...

They are overpriced. I got them on both sides when they were on sale for around 300 a piece. Can't say I notice any gains in power to the ground vs. power loss on mounts. But my old mounts were shot so can't make any relevant comments on the replacement iS mounts. I did also try revshift and black forest mounts which I sold because I could not tolerate the harshness and noise level. I have one black forest stage 1 mount left if you want it for 100 bucks plus shipping.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
They are overpriced. I got them on both sides when they were on sale for around 300 a piece. Can't say I notice any gains in power to the ground vs. power loss on mounts. But my old mounts were shot so can't make any relevant comments on the replacement iS mounts. I did also try revshift and black forest mounts which I sold because I could not tolerate the harshness and noise level. I have one black forest stage 1 mount left if you want it for 100 bucks plus shipping.

Same here. I was able to snag another 335is passenger mount after trying Revshift and VTT inserts in 'cheap mounts'. I don't understand what makes the 335is so special but I am unable to use any other mount with the car. The vibrations are from another dimension of insanity.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
You guys experiencing the bad vibrations...are you manual or auto? My revshits are not bad at all. Just very firm, little to no NVH.

lilg1993

Private
Jun 3, 2020
Yes the whole thing is just insane to me. I just swapped my factory mounts for revshift 95A mounts, so I was a bit giddy with excitement when I saw what the 335is mounts were going for new! Though surely nobody in their right mind will pay even $200 for a pair of used 'is' mounts i don't think...

But after reading through this thread last night, you guys are scaring me with your stories of these horrible vibrations from the revshift mounts, and especially when talking about the trans mounts (which I also had installed). For me at least, the car will now be just a track car (after I break in the new motor) that may occasionally get out on the road on a weekend when its nice out, but holy hell y'all keep telling these horror stories. I'll at the very least need to have the idle raised up to 900+ it sounds like

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
You guys experiencing the bad vibrations...are you manual or auto? My revshits are not bad at all. Just very firm, little to no NVH.

I have only a passenger side BFI and OMG the vibration. It's probably the thing I like least about the car now. I had no choice but to raise the idle to 900 rpms and there is still some slight vibration. Stock idle rpm? Hell no - it will shake your teeth out and the rearview mirror looks like you're hitting bass in an SPL contest.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
My idle is set at 1000 so there is zero smfw chatter. I don't notice any nvh with the rev shift motor mounts. I see no disadvantages of a high idle...if anything it might make driving the car a tad easier when I let off the clutch.

I never considered lower rpms being an issue. Makes sense I guess, must be some resonance at the lower rpms that goes away around 900+ with the solid mm.

I do like how they feel while driving.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
My idle is set at 1000 so there is zero smfw chatter. I don't notice any nvh with the rev shift motor mounts. I see no disadvantages of a high idle...if anything it might make driving the car a tad easier when I let off the clutch.

I never considered lower rpms being an issue. Makes sense I guess, must be some resonance at the lower rpms that goes away around 900+ with the solid mm.

I do like how they feel while driving.

I didn't want to compromise on idle, due to fuel consumption so I opted to use the iS mounts.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Who needs motor mounts. Just bolt directly to the frame.

I didn't realize how expensive mounts were till I saw this thread trending. I will have to see what mine cost for the 535i.....

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I didn't want to compromise on idle, due to fuel consumption so I opted to use the iS mounts.

I wonder how much more fuel it really uses? While the RPMs are higher by say 400rpms there is still zero load on the engine. That being said I don't worry about MPG but this is my toy.

Reactions: Illsic_Design

bantam

Corporal
Nov 20, 2017
Ride
2009 335i
Has anyone run the corteco brand oem style mounts? I have a pair of those waiting to go in, I did not figure that mounts would make much difference in an automatic car.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Has anyone run the corteco brand oem style mounts? I have a pair of those waiting to go in, I did not figure that mounts would make much difference in an automatic car.

That's what I am running on driver side. It is fine.

I think passenger side was stiffened with the iS mount (more solid rubber instead of the air gaps of the 'cheaper mount') but not sure if that makes a huge difference with faster maintenance cycles on the mounts...