Fully removing Dynamic Stability Control (and keep ABS)

highbrowed

Mar 19, 2021
Hey All

I have a 6.0l LS swapped 135i and the DME was removed. Since the DSC doesn't see the alive counter from the DME it throws a DSC dash warning. DSC is disabled currently with this setup, however I'd like to remove the dash warning and later on repurpose the in-cabin DSC button for traction control through a standalone ECU.

I've gotten into the Kombi and set DSC_ALIVE_ZAHLER and DME_ALIVE_ZAHLER to nicht_aktiv, however that didn't remove my dash warning. I'm thinking there's a few other places I need to massage. Also tried adding a DSC delete to the VO but it wasn't accepted for my chassis and was an invalid value.

Has anyone successfully permanently disabled DSC (and the dash warnings that go with it)? I know this isn't technically a "spoolstreet" type question since I'm LS, but the knowledge in this forum is held and shoulders above the rest.

Thanks.

20211027_173059.jpg

Last edited:

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
What I've done for customers with LS swaps that want a custom cluster but no errors in the cluster is simply remove the leds for the warning icons they want gone. It can be done for the lcd screen as well.