Yet another CAN module - Shiftlights, MDrive, NBT and more

Adam06

Apr 8, 2022
So to answer some questions:

MDM on a non M car doesn't work. I don't know how and when this will ever happen (1M with the N54 has MDM but afaik nobody could replicate it yet). so you are "stuck" with DTC.

The problem with your Idrive Mdrive is resolved by superwofys Canbus Function Extender. The fields wont populate without it as the canbus module sends the missing data and emulates the way a MSS60 (M3 S65 DME) would send signals.

tl;dr: You CANT code Mdrive to work, you need this canbus module.
Can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus function extender? Can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus feature extender? can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus Function Extender? which emulates the signal from dme mss60

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus function extender? Can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus feature extender? can you tell me where I can find this Superwofys Canbus Function Extender? which emulates the signal from dme mss60
You have to build it and learn how canbus works along the way. Nobody can remote program it for you

There is enough information only on spoolstreet.com to figure out how to get it to work

Adam06

Apr 8, 2022
You have to build it and learn how canbus works along the way. Nobody can remote program it for you

There is enough information only on spoolstreet.com to figure out how to get it to work
Eh bien, je veux dire, je suis prêt à payer pour ce service pour le service, et en plus vous les gars, je vois que vous faites des miracles ici en termes de programmes.. Et ainsi de suite.. J'ai décidé d'écrire qui fera ce travail . Je ne comprends vraiment pas à ce propos, j'ai construit une telle machine sur vos conseils, j'ai juste besoin de la finir un peu.

Adam06

Apr 8, 2022
Eh bien, je veux dire, je suis prêt à payer pour ce service pour le service, et en plus vous les gars, je vois que vous faites des miracles ici en termes de programmes.. Et ainsi de suite.. J'ai décidé d'écrire qui fera ce travail . Je ne comprends vraiment pas à ce propos, j'ai construit une telle machine sur vos conseils, j'ai juste besoin de la finir un peu.
if anyone is ready to help here is my instagram @la_page_06

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
I have not tested this since an MDSC unit is not appropriate for my configuration (Active Cruise) however, I believe MDM should work with the MDrive code I have in place. Have a look at how "mdrive_message_bn2000" is populated in drivetrain.ino for DSC. It *may* require removal of the send_dsc_mode().

I may test this in a few weeks if I get the chance since it could be nice to have the toggle.

@Adam06 Your main problem is going to be the N55. I don't know how/if sport throttle modes are implemented in the Bosch DME. This project currently relies on the MSD81 for engine related sport control.

Reactions: Xantor

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
I have not tested this since an MDSC unit is not appropriate for my configuration (Active Cruise) however, I believe MDM should work with the MDrive code I have in place. Have a look at how "mdrive_message_bn2000" is populated in drivetrain.ino for DSC. It *may* require removal of the send_dsc_mode().

I may test this in a few weeks if I get the chance since it could be nice to have the toggle.

@Adam06 Your main problem is going to be the N55. I don't know how/if sport throttle modes are implemented in the Bosch DME. This project currently relies on the MSD81 for engine related sport control.
Do you think this would work without a BMW engine? I'm running on a standalone (Maxxecu) which is able to talk through the canbus, fully functioning cluster. I have the M3 cluster and I'd like to get the shift lights working.

superwofy

Corporal
Jan 18, 2021
Do you think this would work without a BMW engine? I'm running on a standalone (Maxxecu) which is able to talk through the canbus, fully functioning cluster. I have the M3 cluster and I'd like to get the shift lights working.

Out of the box? No.

It relies a bit on the MSD8X. If all you want is the shiftlights, the CAN message is documented and the code is open sourced. You could easily throw something together that does just shiftlights.