fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Two things:

First, do we really believe that the HPFP is a 25k wear item? Is running E85 much worse in this overdrive scenario?

Second, I don't think the FCP warranty works as has been mentioned. And it is a marketing play (so comes out of the marketing budget, if you will).
  1. You buy the original product.
  2. It fails, you order the second product and pay for it.
  3. Fill out a warranty form, which includes invoice # of replacement order. Second back item with form.
  4. They reimburse your second order.
You are done. The warranty is met. They do not continue with the 3rd, 4th, etc. At least that's how I understand it, but I've not verified this. Anyone know differently? Otherwise, for example, you could just buy oil once and get oil for the cost of return shipping, in perpetuity. That makes no sense. So given my conjecture, warranty really means you pay once for two items. So half price + return shipping on one item.

Filippo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Two things:

3. Fill out a warranty form, which includes invoice # of replacement order. Second back item with form.

I don't think that is how it works actually. Pretty sure you just get a credit for your first order, so if the price of HPFPs goes up, you still are paying the difference as a result of getting a refund only for the first order. Can't comment on the other stuff you mentioned as I don't know for sure but that would make sense to me.

You would have to sell that replacement, buy a new one.

Reactions: fmorelli

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I don't think that is how it works actually. Pretty sure you just get a credit for your first order, so if the price of HPFPs goes up, you still are paying the difference as a result of getting a refund only for the first order. Can't comment on the other stuff you mentioned as I don't know for sure but that would make sense to me.

You would have to sell that replacement, buy a new one.
Hmmm ... on my oil return I'm pretty sure they credited back the replacement purchase. Unfortunately hard to figure out because they have issues with their rendering of the return process. But note it is a "lifetime replacement warranty". It's not a lifetime reimbursement warranty.

But that wasn't really my point - rather, it's that they'll warranty the replacement of the original item. They don't warranty the replacement item for a 3rd replacement, and so on.

Filipp[o

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Very well could be. I've never returned anything to fcp but that was my understanding.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Let’s all carefully read the FCPEuro Lifetime Replacement Program:

The FCPEuro Lifetime Replacement program will replace any part purchased from them, “Every auto part you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life, for as long as you own the vehicle.”
It works like this: You buy a first part from FCP (keep the receipt!). It then wears out. You purchase the replacement second (keep the receipt!). You then send back the first worn one to them with the first order number showing what you paid for it, they then send you a credit for that first purchased amount. Following their description, since you now have a second order number showing you purchased the second one, well then, when that one wears out you buy a third one. When you receive the third one, send them the second purchase order info showing them what you paid for the second one, and they’ll reimburse you for the second order. Ad infinitum. So FCP’s Lifetime Return program will effectively cover all of your HPFPs returns as long as you follow their instructions exactly.

Also keep in mind the website says you can “2. Use it, abuse it, wear it out.”, so spinning the crap out of all of your purchased FCPEuro HPFPs with your Helix spinny thingy is covered by the program and is not fraud as a previous poster suggested.

38A24A91-0AA2-4D33-B6E2-07CB1FE7D408.png

Go have fun everyone!

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i

The FCPEuro Lifetime Replacement program will replace any part purchased from them, “Every auto part you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life, for as long as you own the vehicle.”
It works like this: You buy a first part from FCP (keep the receipt!). It then wears out. You purchase the replacement second (keep the receipt!). You then send back the first worn one to them with the first order number showing what you paid for it, they then send you a credit for that first purchased amount. Following their description, since you now have a second order number showing you purchased the second one, well then, when that one wears out you buy a third one. When you receive the third one, send them the second purchase order info showing them what you paid for the second one, and they’ll reimburse you for the second order. Ad infinitum. So FCP’s Lifetime Return program will effectively cover all of your HPFPs returns as long as you follow their instructions exactly.

Also keep in mind the website says you can “2. Use it, abuse it, wear it out.”, so spinning the crap out of all of your purchased FCPEuro HPFPs with your Helix spinny thingy is covered by the program and is not fraud as a previous poster suggested.

View attachment 29203

Go have fun everyone!
Well stated

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

View attachment 29203

Go have fun everyone!

This. Is why I only buy parts from fcpeuro.

Reactions: JimboFresh206

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Two things:

First, do we really believe that the HPFP is a 25k wear item? Is running E85 much worse in this overdrive scenario?

Second, I don't think the FCP warranty works as has been mentioned. And it is a marketing play (so comes out of the marketing budget, if you will).
You are done. The warranty is met. They do not continue with the 3rd, 4th, etc. At least that's how I understand it, but I've not verified this. Anyone know differently? Otherwise, for example, you could just buy oil once and get oil for the cost of return shipping, in perpetuity. That makes no sense. So given my conjecture, warranty really means you pay once for two items. So half price + return shipping on one item.

Filippo

Friend of mine is on his 10th oil change with FCP, he paid for his oil and filter only the first time(well and every other time initially but was reimbursed).

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Friend of mine is on his 10th oil change with FCP, he paid for his oil and filter only the first time(well and every other time initially but was reimbursed).
Dang I stand corrected. Time to re-up my 15L liqui-moly order for the diesels!

Filippo

Reactions: typedRew

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
well, there are certainly enough key words in this thread now that anyone on google looking for hpfp and fcp euro will come across it!

lol. maybe someone from fcp euro will chime in....

9krpmrx8

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
It's funny how experiences vary, everytime I have ordered from FCP it has taken twice as long to get it as from anywhere else and it's always something I need sooner than later, lol.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Unless I'm not understanding but are you saying you were getting free oil and filter lol?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Of course you have to pay to ship your old stuff back to FCP, or drop it off if you’re local to Milford, Connecticut.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Dang I stand corrected. Time to re-up my 15L liqui-moly order for the diesels!

Filippo
There is a guy on YouTube project farm that did synthetic oil testing.i personally use Schaeffer's 9000hd 5w40 and have been very happy.you should check out on youtube.here is picture of oil used and finals.Liqui-Moly was on the lower side.

Attachments

• 61076291_2802769476464437_8912165608608336209_n.jpg
    61076291_2802769476464437_8912165608608336209_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 99

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Unless I'm not understanding but are you saying you were getting free oil and filter lol?

Yes, they make it a point to tell you everything on the site is lifetime warranty. Even consumables. Brake pads, oil, coolant, filters, etc.

My buddy is getting his oil changes on his diesel 3 series for free minus paying to ship the stuff back to fcp.

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
How do they make money? Lol

The pretty crazy markup on parts for our cars helps. You would have to warranty some stuff 3-4x. Realistically, most people either blow their car up or sell it before they have to replace a HPFP as second time... I've gotten 125k out of my original pump. About to replace it now even though the car is running fine. I doubt i'll ever have to use FCP's warranty on it and they charge a hell of a lot more for their pump than the generic OSIAS ones you can get on amazon for $200. If Osias can sell a pump for $200 and make a profit then FCP can surely make a profit off their $500 pump kits even if people make one or two claims for a new one lol.

I've bought oil from FCP. I can tell you right now I won't ever make a claim for warranty on my used oil. It costs money for a box, packaging, shipping heavy oil, printing return info, driving to the post office, etc. Shits annoying and after paying shipping you're saving $20 max per oil change vs just going to Walmart and scooping up Edge Euro from Walmart for $24 a jug. I am sure most people feel the same way. $45 per oil change vs $25 per oil change with FCP warranty hassle.

Last edited:

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
The pretty crazy markup on parts for our cars helps. You would have to warranty some stuff 3-4x. Realistically, most people either blow their car up or sell it before they ever have to replace a HPFP more than once... I've gotten 125k out of my original pump. About to replace it now even though the car is running fine. I doubt i'll ever have to use FCP's warranty on it and they charge a hell of a lot more for their pump than the generic OSIAS ones you can get on amazon for $200. If Osias can sell a pump for $200 and make a profit then FCP can surely make a profit off their $500 pump kits even if people make one or two claims for a new one lol.

I've bought oil from FCP. I can tell you right now I won't ever make a claim for warranty on my used oil. It costs money for a box, packaging, shipping heavy oil, printing return info, driving to the post office, etc. Shits annoying and after paying shipping you're saving $20 max per oil change vs just going to Walmart and scooping up Edge Euro from Walmart for $24 a jug. I am sure most people feel the same way. $45 per oil change vs $25 per oil change with FCP warranty hassle.

His oil changes is $84, shipping everything back is $18 every time. Unless he forgets to keep the box and has to buy one. And yes, a minor hassle is involved and im sure that is the issue for most people buying from them. So even though they have a lifetime warranty, im sure only a handful of people actually take advantage.

I was skeptical too. But paying $20 and a bit of effort for your next oil change instead of $85 will add up over time.

I haven't used it yet because I have a hard time trusting any oil other than Rotella T6 but i plan to try liqui moly from them soon.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017

This is what economists call “The Schlep Factor”.