e9x outlet seems loose

8900120d

Lurker
Apr 5, 2018
Ride
335i
Hi guys, i have an e92 n55 and i recently changed the oem outlet to the upgraded VRSF one. i swapped over the o-ring from the oem outlet to the VRSF outlet.

it seems to be very loose, i can freely turn it by hand without using any force, is this normal?
i dont know if it was this loose before i took the oem one off, however when i put the oem one back on, its also very loose.

im not able to drive the car at the moment as there are a few unrelated issues with it so i cant test to see if it will have a boost leak or not.

is it normal for the outlet to be be loose and able to easily move around by hand?

Orteeze

Lurker
Apr 25, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Hi guys, i have an e92 n55 and i recently changed the oem outlet to the upgraded VRSF one. i swapped over the o-ring from the oem outlet to the VRSF outlet.

it seems to be very loose, i can freely turn it by hand without using any force, is this normal?
i dont know if it was this loose before i took the oem one off, however when i put the oem one back on, its also very loose.

im not able to drive the car at the moment as there are a few unrelated issues with it so i cant test to see if it will have a boost leak or not.

is it normal for the outlet to be be loose and able to easily move around by hand?

Are you running the Rev1 or Rev2 outlet? There was quite a difference when I went to Rev2.

VRSF now offers an O Ring for the outlet; nice and beefy. My Rev2 with VRSF O Ring is real snug.

Run a boost leak test and see if it leaks.

8900120d

Lurker
Apr 5, 2018
Ride
335i
im not sure what rev i had, but ive got some O rings from VRSF which look alot beefier than oem. hopefully theyll do the job

Reactions: doublespaces