Chad Roberts, owner of On 3 Performance, made the news recently

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Chad Roberts, owner of On 3 Performance, made the news recently for displaying a graphic homophobic message.

News article:
https://www.10tv.com/mobile/article/...a-835bc9e4c67b

Recent Reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Columbus/co...ent=post_title

His n54 kit is kind of shitty. After you put a proper turbo on it and pay someone to reweld the downpipe so it fits, and replace the crap china wastegates, you might as well have bought a name brand kit and you would have saved time and money.

Why as a business owner you would do something stupid to alienate half the country(and customers) is beyond me. But not everyone with a business is smart.

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
News to me that this shitty kit is still around. Thought for sure it would have been put out of business by the recent cast bottom mounts.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
News to me that this shitty kit is still around. Thought for sure it would have been put out of business by the recent cast bottom mounts.

On facebook they rave about how great the on3 kit is in multiple n54 groups. Especially Docvue or whatever his name is the dentist turned tuner. I have since unsubscribed from all of the n54/e9x groups. Having a discussion with people on facebook is like punching yourself in the face.

The forums get much less quantity of people but the quality is 100x better.

As much as I would like more people on the forums for discussion, the instagram/facebook fuk bois can have that area all to themselves. They literally are just parrots who repeat what someone else said with zero cognitive thought going behind their posts.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Bad publicity is better than no publicity and there is always going to be fruit loops out there.

Best thing is not to post or repost these type of articles as you possibly sent multiple customers his way.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah I agree with marty on this because there's alot of non lgbtq supporters that are not gonna care about that at all and as soon as they hear he offers a 2500 kit they'll say why not i never knew n54 kits where that cheap.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yeah I agree but these on3 kits are still pretty popular it seems like the Facebook fools have the numbers on there side. I know a couple guys who've recently put them on there cars only this winter just in mn alone

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Good. Fools should be parted with their money.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick two.

But you still sending customers his way by validating his idiotic stunt he pulled and keeping him in business by mentioning he owns it.

You just gave him free advertising, most wouldn't have known he was the owner until you mentioned it.

There's no bad publicity when you had none in the first place.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Hahaha yeah I did Google chad roberts on3 and this spoolstreet link was on the first page that popped up