Bimmergeeks Pro Tool and Bluetooth Dongle discussion

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Will it work with the BG dongles?

I only use Bimmergeeks Dongle with MHD, xHP, Carly, and ProTools. I also use the Carly Specific BlueTooth Dongle with Carly for F-Series vin...as the cable will not identify F generation vins.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I installed the app on my Avin unit just like the picture posted. The problem is I can’t get it to establish a connection with the Bluetooth adapter. A pop up message keeps asking to connect via usb. Has anyone been able to use the app on their audio unit?

You'll have to use your phone, the Avin unit's have their bluetooth firmware neutered to work with their integrated music app. The Android side has no control of the bluetooth module because of this unless someone goes in and hacks the firmware to hand control back to the Android side. The only solution to this is a wifi dongle.

What android unit is that?

I think that is the Avin, but I bought a 2nd gen screen from Alibaba which I currently have.

Zulu95

Feb 14, 2019
Ride
BMW X5
FYI: Carly just got back to me with pricing and it will cost me as a new customer $67.69 per year for an app I'll use very little once I get the few things done I need to do. That price will vary with the constant euro to US$ variance. Yes you do get everything included but unless you are in to it big time it is too much for too little for me.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
FYI: Carly just got back to me with pricing and it will cost me as a new customer $67.69 per year for an app I'll use very little once I get the few things done I need to do. That price will vary with the constant euro to US$ variance. Yes you do get everything included but unless you are in to it big time it is too much for too little for me.

I use my carly at least once a month because I am constantly in pursuit of upgrading all aspects of my car...at this point, the only thing left to upgrade or replace are the turbos and the associated coolant lines and a big brake kit.. Literally every part of the car has bee replaced or upgraded, from interior trim to transmission to mounts and bushings and suspension to stage 3 lpfp and port injection with flex fuel...

• Love
Reactions: Boorda

Borg561

Jul 23, 2019
Ride
'06 E60 530i
Hello, im new here at the forum! I would just like to ask about the BT dongle that i bought from BG, i downloaded, install then paired, the BT, but everytime i connect it, it always say “error identifying vehicle” i tried with my cable with otg, still the same error, do you guys experience anything like this? I tried searching google but since this was just released, i havnt got any answers, thank you in advance!

Curious if Yalids (or anyone else) has figured out the answer to this. I just got my Bimmergeeks BT adapter and I can pair my phone to the adapter without any issues. When trying to use ProTools though I also get the "Error Identifying Vehicle" message. I've also tried Torque (Lite version) and Carly and neither of them will connect to the adapter as well. Car is an early production '06 530i (July 2005) so it has the N52 engine but still has the older style physical key (not the keyfob w/push button start) if it makes any difference. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Curious if Yalids (or anyone else) has figured out the answer to this. I just got my Bimmergeeks BT adapter and I can pair my phone to the adapter without any issues. When trying to use ProTools though I also get the "Error Identifying Vehicle" message. I've also tried Torque (Lite version) and Carly and neither of them will connect to the adapter as well. Car is an early production '06 530i (July 2005) so it has the N52 engine but still has the older style physical key (not the keyfob w/push button start) if it makes any difference. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you try syncing it under generation 1? Your car may have an odd cut off date and if you're trying to sync it under gen 2 it won't recognize it.

Borg561

Jul 23, 2019
Ride
'06 E60 530i
Did you try syncing it under generation 1? Your car may have an odd cut off date and if you're trying to sync it under gen 2 it won't recognize it.

Did not see an option for Gen1/Gen2. While out running some errands early yesterday afternoon I tried ProTools multiple times. I got it to connect 3 times, however twice it almost immediately disconnected.

Later this evening while updating apps I noticed there was an update for ProTools, and it specifically mentioned "Fixed issue with disabling connection to some E60 chassis". Updated the app and tried it multiple times over several hours and it has connected every time. I'm going to assume that the update getting pushed out not long after my comment about having issues was a coincidence. :) License purchased and I've coded a couple simple lighting changes as a simple test. I'll dig deeper into what I've got available later.

Borg561

Jul 23, 2019
Ride
'06 E60 530i
I'll see if I can take a screenshot of the toggle button. Mine can switch between gen 1/2/3

The option to change between gen 1/2/3 must have been added with the update as well, because I do see that option now. I don't let my apps auto-update, so it's possible the update got pushed out a day or two before and I just hadn't gotten it yet. :)

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I guess it didn't happen. No pics.
Def the one person that can never be accused of lying cause I think every time I have an issue he had it first and has sold old parts ad upgraded on e90post in past and posted vids and pics of diy etc on spoolstreet. I know was a joke but majority people read the forum dont know your history and well you know forums.
He being matreya I made that confusing by quoting you.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Here’s something interesting: Bimmergeeks Protool connects with my TwistedTuning Blaze K+DCAN cable to my old Motorola MotoE but not to my Samsung Galaxy S4. Any idea why?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I’m mainly an iOS guy, like right now. I picked up the S4 from my boy who had it laying around. :)
It’s thin and light and mounts up well on my dash to the left of the steering wheel by the vent where the OTG peeks out of. MHD, xHP and zDelete all work fine on the S4. Just weird that I’m having trouble with ProTool but it makes complete sense that I first need to completely uninstall it from my MotoE before attempting to install it on my S4.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I continue to be hopeful in the Field of Dreams - Bimmergeeks Pro Tools. So as I understand it this is basically BMW Standard Tools wrapped up in an app? That means NCSExpert capability? I have a friend that just installed a new RDC (tmps module) and needs to code the VIN to the module. NCSExpert can do this. Can Pro Tools?

Filippo
(@jts1981)

Reactions: jts1981