Bimmergeeks Pro Tool and Bluetooth Dongle discussion

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
You sir, deserve a medal. The above customer is happy and his issue is resolved and the app has been updated for it to work more seamlessly for other diesel users, your advice on on "following the flow" and reading the alerts and doing as told is priceless.

Our goal was to take an extremely(and I mean EXTREMELY) complicated toolset and make it accessible and usable for all Bmw owners. We didn't price this ridiculously, or vin lock it for profit, we made it for the exact opposite reason, to put the power of doing what will eventually be necessary while owning a bmw into the hands of the owner, without getting raped to perform what are actually simple task for experienced BMW owners with the PC toolsets.

@Panzerfaust, please message us on facebook ("BimmerGeeks"). If there is any part of the app your missing, whether its coding, diagnostic or the bluetooth dongle....you have it now, on the house.
That's a good vendor if ive ever seen one. Not only did they help the guy out even though he inaccurately gave bad review they never put him down or anything even though they are present on forum and to top it off they gifted panzer I am def purchasing this cause every time in use standard tools i can't help crossing my legs like little school girl out of fear " my first coding experience was frm fault clearing " but I have yet to muster the courage to mess with my x5 and I just never felt carly was advanced enough. This seems like perfect bal you know like when all your friends are like wtf dude how do you know this stuff meanwhile your just clicking buttons on your phone lmao

Reactions: Jeffman

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
You sir, deserve a medal. The above customer is happy and his issue is resolved and the app has been updated for it to work more seamlessly for other diesel users, your advice on on "following the flow" and reading the alerts and doing as told is priceless.

Our goal was to take an extremely(and I mean EXTREMELY) complicated toolset and make it accessible and usable for all Bmw owners. We didn't price this ridiculously, or vin lock it for profit, we made it for the exact opposite reason, to put the power of doing what will eventually be necessary while owning a bmw into the hands of the owner, without getting raped to perform what are actually simple task for experienced BMW owners with the PC toolsets.

@Panzerfaust, please message us on facebook ("BimmerGeeks"). If there is any part of the app your missing, whether its coding, diagnostic or the bluetooth dongle....you have it now, on the house.
Aw thanks man, I genuinely greatly appreciated hearing that today! I do my best to try to help everyone in the community as best as I can, despite what some people may think :(

I actually purchased all your modules within a few hours of seeing that ProTools was up on the play store. I did recently message you (or Dylan at least) a question on facebook (I'm the guy who asked what the "pre-engine drag torque control" toggle meant if thats a hint) - I'll still message you though just in case anyone else needs some support cause I've been fooling around with it a bit each night just for fun.

Im definitely looking forward to the Programming features, but even as it is I think you accomplished what you set out to do. I can use the standard tools to a very basic extent (thanks to a failed battery causing my ELV to fail and lock my ignition lol), and for that I was already super grateful to you guys but the app is just perfect. Simple, easy to use interface yet a very powerful app.

I've been trying to steer people towards PT who were thinking of purchasing a year of Carly or have had issues with Carly. I still think Carly has its uses for the time being, but I do look forward to when ProTool is the top dog popularity-wise when it comes to programming BMW apps, and I'm excited for what the future holds for the app and your wonderful company!

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Just to follow up, @BimmerGeeks! is the fucking man and actually sent me a free wireless dongle like he said. Even aside from that, I really wish we had more "vendors" (only in quotes because he offers so much for free) like him. He's constantly active and giving advice and guides in his FB group and through email, and shit even in the PlayStore comments.

Edit: after opening the package, I saw that Dylan actually sent me not one, but 3 of these. All just for helping someone else out, not even him. If that doesn't tell you there's still good people making products on this platform, nothing will.

Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
For those with a used dongle or missing instructions for the Bimmergeeks Bluetooth dongle the PIN is 1234. I lost my instructions and had to guess lol. Hope this helps someone... :)

Tyrone

Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2008 BMW 750 li
Many of you know about the Pro Tool app by @BimmerGeeks! and the optional Bluetooth OBD2 dongle that can be purchased with it.

This thread will serve as a centralized place to provide feedback, gather information, and ask questions.

Several weeks ago I was lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to mail a spare phone down to Dylan. After a couple signatures, he sent it back with Pro Tools loaded up and a prototype Bluetooth dongle.

After having used it for a few things here and there, I strongly believe this will be my main, go to app for my car. I like to monitor gauges on my Android screen and constantly datalog, this will allow me to do both of those things wirelessly and also have the diagnostic and programming power all in one spot.

View attachment 14872
Am I reading this correctly? If I purchase the Bluetooth adapter and install the app on my Avin head unit I can code and etc. without the use of a separate android device?

Tyrone

Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2008 BMW 750 li
^^^THIS!! Monitoring and logging without cables is where it is at. With an AVIN it would be *really* nice to have an auto-log feature. Once you start your car up it creates a running log that lasts for like 30min and continuously overwrites itself. THEN add on a one click upload feature to your DataZap.ME account....wow. This opens up tons of possibilities.

How do I add requests to the development queue? :)
This would be an excellent option.

Tyrone

Nov 7, 2018
Ride
2008 BMW 750 li
Many of you know about the Pro Tool app by @BimmerGeeks! and the optional Bluetooth OBD2 dongle that can be purchased with it.

This thread will serve as a centralized place to provide feedback, gather information, and ask questions.

Several weeks ago I was lucky enough to be offered the opportunity to mail a spare phone down to Dylan. After a couple signatures, he sent it back with Pro Tools loaded up and a prototype Bluetooth dongle.

After having used it for a few things here and there, I strongly believe this will be my main, go to app for my car. I like to monitor gauges on my Android screen and constantly datalog, this will allow me to do both of those things wirelessly and also have the diagnostic and programming power all in one spot.

View attachment 14872
I installed the app on my Avin unit just like the picture posted. The problem is I can’t get it to establish a connection with the Bluetooth adapter. A pop up message keeps asking to connect via usb. Has anyone been able to use the app on their audio unit?

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Weird, I bought the app and diagnostic license and coding license today, plugged in and was exploring all the options...went to the seat belts, airbag area to see their coding options, then went elsewhere and when I closed the app, the car had a "seatbelt, connection, airbag" error... I don't recall the exact technical thing...but the airbag light came on and would not turn off.

I tried to run diagnostic on all modules and erased all errors and it would not go a way... Only for the passenger seat. Finally, I had to use Carly to delete errors and that did it. So I am a bit nervous about using the app to even browse and explore the car anymore. Anyone else get weirdness with this app?

Gencheezzy

Private
Aug 4, 2018
Ride
e90 335i 6mt

View attachment 14872

What android unit is that?

Zulu95

Feb 14, 2019
Ride
BMW X5
Howdy!
Noobie here.
Has anyone had any success with the Pro Tools? I plugged in my new dongle yesterday to check a few things out. I know it connected because the needles on the dash confirmed it. First I tried to display some gauges just to check everything out. I went round and round but never got anything to display. Then I decided to check my battery age. It told me it was last changed a 65000 miles. (140K kilometers.) As the vehicle only has 64000 miles on it I was a little confused and ran out of lunchtime before I could fool anymore with it.
This is the only forum I have found that actually seems to have any connection to Bimmergeeks. Not a happy camper at the moment and would love to find some info on using this thing after spending a couple of hundred buck for software and hardware. (Dongle and USB connectors.)

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Howdy!
Noobie here.
Has anyone had any success with the Pro Tools? I plugged in my new dongle yesterday to check a few things out. I know it connected because the needles on the dash confirmed it. First I tried to display some gauges just to check everything out. I went round and round but never got anything to display. Then I decided to check my battery age. It told me it was last changed a 65000 miles. (140K kilometers.) As the vehicle only has 64000 miles on it I was a little confused and ran out of lunchtime before I could fool anymore with it.
This is the only forum I have found that actually seems to have any connection to Bimmergeeks. Not a happy camper at the moment and would love to find some info on using this thing after spending a couple of hundred buck for software and hardware. (Dongle and USB connectors.)

It has displayed anomalous behavior with my car without even coding. I rarely use it at all.

Reactions: Zulu95

Zulu95

Feb 14, 2019
Ride
BMW X5
It has displayed anomalous behavior with my car without even coding. I rarely use it at all.
So far it does not beat Torque for my use. I may have to do a battery in the near future so I bought this thinking it would program and register the new battery. On what I have seen so far I would not trust it to do anything. I figured it was me and that I was doing something wrong. I also thought there was support. WRONG!!!!

• Informative

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Well that's just dandy. I just bought the BT dongle and the actual cable to do some diag and code reading when I need it, and now this

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Well that's just dandy. I just bought the BT dongle and the actual cable to do some diag and code reading when I need it, and now this

Give it a try with basic stuff. Do one or two codings and test the car. Just remember to have carly as a backup to restore to previous settings if protool goes haywire as it did on my car.

• Informative

Zulu95

Feb 14, 2019
Ride
BMW X5
I was going to buy Carly but read they now hide behind an annual contract system. That's why I went with Pro Tool. I'm very leery of plugging just anything into the OBD. BMW upped the security software and I found this out when a guy tried to duplicate our key and bricked the CAS module. The $tealer ended up $1600 richer out of that little deal.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I was going to buy Carly but read they now hide behind an annual contract system. That's why I went with Pro Tool. I'm very leery of plugging just anything into the OBD. BMW upped the security software and I found this out when a guy tried to duplicate our key and bricked the CAS module. The $tealer ended up $1600 richer out of that little deal.

Try emailing carly for clarification because there was backlash and they responded to the complaints. I have lifetime updates and no annual fees.