B58 WHP output with 98RON fuel

gachdavit

Private
Mar 25, 2022
what did you spend money on and what were you expecting?
1) ER TIC pipe
2) ER CHARGEPIPE
3) WAGNER TUNING Big INTERCOOLER (EVO II competetion)
4) CSF RADIATOR
5) NGK 97506 "2 STEP COLDER" SPARK PLUG
6) BMS PERFORMANCE INTAKE
7) TURBOSMART BOV KOMPACT EM DUAL PORT VR9
8) Downpipe (catless).
9) Bavarian Autosport ignition coils
10) MHD super license (Stage2+)
11) XHP license (stage 3)

This moment, car has a boost leak as well (Which is big issue). My best time was 10.4 with E30 mix (In boost leak conditions). But, what I see on stock turbo 9.0 will be the best result for 100-200 (I am talking about N55 PWG car). I almost ordered LPFP to run my car on E50, but then change my mind. N55B30M0 is slow overall. Needs a lot of things to achieve results.

All those will be way easier with B58TU. I think.

Thanks !

• Agree
Reactions: RuskiRacer

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
1) ER TIC pipe
2) ER CHARGEPIPE
4) CSF RADIATOR
8) Downpipe (catless).

This moment, car has a boost leak as well (Which is big issue). My best time was 10.4 with E30 mix (In boost leak conditions). But, what I see on stock turbo 9.0 will be the best result for 100-200 (I am talking about N55 PWG car). I almost ordered LPFP to run my car on E50, but then change my mind. N55B30M0 is slow overall. Needs a lot of things to achieve results.

Thanks !
Is there a reason you don't pursue getting a larger turbo for your n55? The stock turbo is your limiting factor on n55. Not sure what's involved in getting a kit shipped to Georgia, but if you're considering buying a whole new car and getting it shipped there, it would be much cheaper to just get a decent kit shipped over.

N55 gets a bad rep because the stock turbo and HPFP can't flow as well as those of n54. And after market tuning support isn't as well developed (yet). But the big power n54 guys are upgrading turbos and fueling to do that anyway, so why not do the same with your n55? I didn't check what year your n55 is, but the later ones have the same rods as s55, and are an upgrade over n54 rods. The crank is cast, but who ever breaks that? I've seen only one example... Regarding the cylinder head, the exhaust valves are sodium filled to help cooling, and the intake valves are larger diameter (32mm vs. 31.4mm) and have higher lift (9.9 vs. 9.7mm), longer open time (255 vs. 245) than n54. Also the vanos has larger range if adjustment than n54, plus n55 has valvetronic. Plus n55 has more reliable injectors.

Not bashing on n54 at all, just pointing out that n55 isn't bad if you're willing to upgrade turbo and fueling - which you'd have to do anyway with n54 to hit your power goals.

Reactions: gachdavit

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
1) ER TIC pipe
2) ER CHARGEPIPE
4) CSF RADIATOR
8) Downpipe (catless).

Thanks !
To make a n55 go really fast you need to put a upgraded turbo and fuel system on. I agree there pretty slow for the money invested into them

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Is there a reason you don't pursue getting a larger turbo for your n55? The stock turbo is your limiting factor on n55. Not sure what's involved in getting a kit shipped to Georgia, but if you're considering buying a whole new car and getting it shipped there, it would be much cheaper to just get a decent kit shipped over.

N55 gets a bad rep because the stock turbo and HPFP can't flow as well as those of n54. And after market tuning support isn't as well developed (yet). But the big power n54 guys are upgrading turbos and fueling to do that anyway, so why not do the same with your n55? I didn't check what year your n55 is, but the later ones have the same rods as s55, and are an upgrade over n54 rods. The crank is cast, but who ever breaks that? I've seen only one example... Regarding the cylinder head, the exhaust valves are sodium filled to help cooling, and the intake valves are larger diameter (32mm vs. 31.4mm) and have higher lift (9.9 vs. 9.7mm), longer open time (255 vs. 245) than n54. Also the vanos has larger range if adjustment than n54, plus n55 has valvetronic. Plus n55 has more reliable injectors.

Not bashing on n54 at all, just pointing out that n55 isn't bad if you're willing to upgrade turbo and fueling - which you'd have to do anyway with n54 to hit your power goals.
I've actually seen plenty of broken cast n55 cranks unfortunately my close personal friend has broken 1 or 2 and I know of a fee other people that have cracked then in half .

• Wow
Reactions: wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I've actually seen plenty of broken cast n55 cranks unfortunately my close personal friend has broken 1 or 2 and I know of a fee other people that have cracked then in half .
Oh shit, really??? Any ideas what power/torque range they were at?

gachdavit

Private
Mar 25, 2022

Hello sir,

I talked to tuner and turbokit manufacturer as well. I wanted to buy a `BigBoost3.4 or Speedtech` kit,

Mods will be:

1) Speedtech kit
2) Stock HPFP with overdrive unit
3) Upgraded LPFP
4) Port Injection
5) Custom tune

I see a lot of great N55 {Mostly they are F chassis cars). {Steven Brachulis - Wedge Performance} was the most impressive one. It was an EWG car (M235i F22).

The key, why I decide buy a new car is an overall conditions of my current one. I want something more fresh.

Also, I see a lot of N54 {MHD stage2/stage2+} and they are performing verg very good. Reason is N54 has a bigget turbo (I know). Once I get a car {B58TU} even ready spend ~10-15k$ for tune, but i will do this step by step.

I hope one day, my power goals will come true.

When I am getting a thing from USA, government charges me.

For instance,

If I pay 5000$ for turbo, when i got turbo, i must give ~18% of 5000$ to government.

Thanks !

Last edited:

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Hello sir,

I talked to tuner and turbokit manufacturer as well. I wanted to buy a `BigBoost3.4 or Speedtech` kit,

Mods will be:

1) Speedtech kit
3) Upgraded LPFP
4) Port Injection
5) Custom tune

I see a lot of great N55 {Mostly they are F chassis cars). {Steven Brachulis - Wedge Performance} was the most impressive one. It was an EWG car (M235i F22).

The key, why I decide buy a new car is an overall conditions of my current one. I want something more fresh.

Also, I see a lot of N54 {MHD stage2/stage2+} and they are performing verg very good. Reason is N54 has a bigget turbo (I know). Once I get a car {B58TU} even ready spend ~10-15k$ for tune, but i will do this step by step.

For instance,

If I pay 5000$ for turbo, when i got turbo, i must give ~18% of 5000$ to government.

Thanks !
Gotcha. Yeah, for a fresher car b58 should be a good path.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Hello sir,

Mods will be:

1) Speedtech kit
3) Upgraded LPFP
4) Port Injection
5) Custom tune

For instance,

Thanks !
Dang your government are bigger scammers than ours.

• Funny
Reactions: gachdavit

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Oh shit, really??? Any ideas what power/torque range they were at?
Was on a stock turbo. Pretty sure rod bearings are the issue for most. Rod bearings spin without people knowing and they continue to beat the car and all the heat goes through the rod and crank and one of them give up

• Informative

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Was on a stock turbo. Pretty sure rod bearings are the issue for most. Rod bearings spin without people knowing and they continue to beat the car and all the heat goes through the rod and crank and one of them give up
Wow, good to know. What symptoms would that have if the engine hadn't seized? Excess NVH, poor power??? I figure I'll do mine prevetively around 100k when I get there (or sooner if my oil pan gasket starts leaking first).

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Wow, good to know. What symptoms would that have if the engine hadn't seized? Excess NVH, poor power??? I figure I'll do mine prevetively around 100k when I get there (or sooner if my oil pan gasket starts leaking first).
From what my buddy told me there was a decent amount of metal shavings in his oil filter. Also have another n55 in the shop for rod bearings right now only like 120 or 130k miles. Seems like these kids don't seem to think good oil and changing it on time is important