Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
google N54 gauge pod:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Personally I dislike that they are blocking part of the stock gauge cluster but you should only have/need them for safety reasons IMO.

In the above picture with Aquamist you do not need the gauge in front of you as it has a built in failsafe and you will know when it kicks in, big time. I'm guessing the one of the right is boost or AFR. Given how the DME protests itself I am not sure you really need any at all, for safety.

Corner looks cool I guess, nice it is almost the same color as the stock gauges:

img_6477-jpg.jpg

e90-gauge-pod2.jpg

I have mine in my vents, boost and meth, the aqaumist gauge is angled at a 15 degree towards the driver.:

20160811_220929_zpsmis3m0xl.jpg

I guess gauges are useful if they do peak/hold...but with MHD you can just monitoring everything anyways real time or look at a log quick after a pull or 1/4 run etc. Not sure gauges are really needed on modern cars with logging like this.

In this day and age gauges look cool and impress idiots or people who don't know about cars.

You can always rock the triple A arm to let everyone on the street know you are ready to race:

384214?$prodpg640x480$.jpg

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
I want to add one of the Innovative ECF-1 since I already have the ECS boost gauge in the left vent. Did you have to do anything special for the right vent bigger gauge?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I want to add one of the Innovative ECF-1 since I already have the ECS boost gauge in the left vent. Did you have to do anything special for the right vent bigger gauge?

I'm looking in my records and I do not see that I recorded where I bought the vent gauge pod from. I swore it was ECS who has since discontinued their passenger side right vent gauge pod(probably due to lack of sales). You could try calling them or Turner.

The aquamist gauge fit right in there even thought it is slightly larger. I can txt you pictures but it probably does not help you if you can't find a vent pod gauge kit.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
I'm looking in my records and I do not see that I recorded where I bought the vent gauge pod from. I swore it was ECS who has since discontinued their passenger side right vent gauge pod(probably due to lack of sales). You could try calling them or Turner.

The aquamist gauge fit right in there even thought it is slightly larger. I can txt you pictures but it probably does not help you if you can't find a vent pod gauge kit.

Ah ok. I’ll figure something out. Might just do the triple ash tray gauge pod. Not sure what id get for the other two gauges. Maybe 3D print one 52mm and a spot for a small arduino display.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I bought one of these a long time ago. They are not placed conveniently, you give up two gauges to gain two gauges. Much better off getting an Android CIC screen or Head unit and running the MHD gauges on there. Gauges are basically only good for temps IMO. Boost is never accurate since it shows throttle closure spikes and almost all the other values only matter RIGHT NOW and most people are(should be) looking at the road during a pull.

You could also check out the rix effects vent gauge. Its called P3Cars or something now. I'm pretty sure it did a few different values besides just boost. There is also AWRON, but it replaces that entire vent, looked pretty fancy. But impossible for me, I live in the desert. Check them out for ideas, not sure if they will take custom for ethanol etc.

P3Cars:

AWRON:

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Yeah my current thought is just an android tablet on an adjustable base on the passenger side. My issue is finding a tablet that will both charge and run mhd at the same time. I want off the shelf not loading varies hacked files etc.

Reactions: screaminfast

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Yeah my current thought is just an android tablet on an adjustable base on the passenger side. My issue is finding a tablet that will both charge and run mhd at the same time. I want off the shelf not loading varies hacked files etc.

What about wireless charging pad?

Let me know if you find something because I would like to run jb4 gauges too.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Wireless charging is slow..wouldn't I drain more than it charges? Running MHD at full brightness on a 12'' tab? I don't think wireless charging could keep up. My goal being is when I park the battery is charged at 100%.

I want something like this:

tablet.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm6dPhnHh1TO6aaXGz02ZT8SJ7NUJFs7HzfYknKUd_JO1y4ETc.jpg

Maybe bit father set back if that makes sense so it does not block the center console at all. This is more of a want than a need. Just would make logging and such super easy. Having it all plugged in always etc. Also be good to stream netflix.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
I don't like the look of gauges, but I want to be able to see low pressure fuel and the N55 doesn't have so I got this pod from www.njmdesignlab.com. The only issue that there are not a lot of 45mm options.

27873068467_4639d4f9ce_b.jpg

Paint that to match dash and it's the best option. It actually looks oem when installed in that location.

Awron is tiny in person. Like a digital dash for ants.

The P3 gauge is janky, had one and gave it away.

Here's a pic of when I had my HFS4 gauge there. Didn't have swanky pod holder but used the mount it came with. I'll end up putting a stand alone AFR gauge there in the near future. Or if I have time put an arduino lcd in that left vent.

Attachments

• IMG_4512.JPG
    IMG_4512.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 118