736 WHP / 641 WTQ on Pump Gas

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
I would love to see that car on a proper dyno like a Mustang
Why a mustang dyno when all the ref are on dynojet.
If like DrVu he used a mustang dyno and everyone compare it to a dynojet like he only did a 769awhp. (The dyno was mustang and if u pyt that to dynojet 12%more that will b like 860+ awhp.
That s why the sae and smoothing 5 for all claimed record should b the standard. Or it s easy to show up with a 0 smoothing and claim spikes as records.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Why a mustang dyno when all the ref are on dynojet.
If like DrVu he used a mustang dyno and everyone compare it to a dynojet like he only did a 769awhp. (The dyno was mustang and if u pyt that to dynojet 12%more that will b like 860+ awhp.
That s why the sae and smoothing 5 for all claimed record should b the standard. Or it s easy to show up with a 0 smoothing and claim spikes as records.

He does not understand the various types of dynos or why dynojets are the gold standard. I would save your time man.

I 100% agree SAE and smoothing 5 for all claimed record should be standard. Logs would be nice as well with E content shown ;). I 100% believe you this is on 93 pump mind you but the more information the better for everyone.

That $1000 turbo is putting in some work!

Last edited:
Reactions: Begood69

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
He does not understand the various types of dynos or why dynojets are the gold standard. I would save your time man.

I 100% agree SAE and smoothing 5 for all claimed record should be standard. Logs would be nice as well with E content shown ;). I 100% believe you this is on 93 pump mind you but the more information the better for everyone.

Nothing to hide. Those are the 735 and 736 back to back dyno pulls.
Let me know what u see and how to make it better. I may push this to 800whp when i go back to 93oct . Lol but yet as u can see is not push to a limit so it is easy to go more .. but u tell me

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i

In Europe the Dynojets are the most far from gold standard you can get. If that's your basis it answers a lot.

Reactions: E92 420

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
Hey man. U r arguing shit that does not matter. If u use an unit and the same standards to compare then is a fair standard. But if some use muatang and some use dynojet and some use std. ND SOME SAE. Then that can t be compare. But is a car on dyno jet make 300. And the same car makes 2000 after modifications kn the same ref dyno at the same settings.. then u know u gain
But if i go from a 270 on mustang to a 300 on dynojet and pretend to have gains 30 gain but did nothing to the car then that s a problem. So for all i care the unit of value is just as good as the compared numbers fro. The same source on same setting. If nOt dont compare to it. U can t compare meter and miles. Unless u have the conversion for it. 1 km is not 1 mile. Yet both distances. But if i get that conversion u get the exact same distance just diff number. So take it as u want. Or dont. This guys can care less. And when u come up with number mustang number then compare to ur mustang ppl number. Most in here they use dynojet as the ref and i guess SAE. Have a Great day

N54135iAT

Private
Mar 29, 2019
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
Hey man. U r arguing shit that does not matter. If u use an unit and the same standards to compare then is a fair standard. But if some use muatang and some use dynojet and some use std. ND SOME SAE. Then that can t be compare. But is a car on dyno jet make 300. And the same car makes 2000 after modifications kn the same ref dyno at the same settings.. then u know u gain
But if i go from a 270 on mustang to a 300 on dynojet and pretend to have gains 30 gain but did nothing to the car then that s a problem. So for all i care the unit of value is just as good as the compared numbers fro. The same source on same setting. If nOt dont compare to it. U can t compare meter and miles. Unless u have the conversion for it. 1 km is not 1 mile. Yet both distances. But if i get that conversion u get the exact same distance just diff number. So take it as u want. Or dont. This guys can care less. And when u come up with number mustang number then compare to ur mustang ppl number. Most in here they use dynojet as the ref and i guess SAE. Have a Great day

you have done some draggy or vbox 100-200 / 60-130, half mile runs with pump or ethanol? really interesting to see what a high powered dct car can make. Me personally i dont give a s**t about numbers. The street matters :) Very nice build by the way!

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
I suspect the dragy times would be interesting as it looks like a 1600RPM power band only. (full spool only at 6000RPM).
you have done some draggy or vbox 100-200 / 60-130, half mile runs with pump or ethanol? really interesting to see what a high powered dct car can make. Me personally i dont give a s**t about numbers. The street matters :) Very nice build by the way!
I have not. Im on a pretty uneven part and i get frustrated trying to make dragy logs. Bcz it s a lil low or up and become unusable. As for on the street is fun. And when u say 1600 power band u mean at max power or after what power lever u considered power band. Bcz i look at 500whp and up that starts at 5k rpms on 93oct and my limiter is around 7800rmps. As for e85 is about 750 at 5500rpms. So what is power band. U think i need full boost to b in the power band?
Also consider that none of those dyno used antilag or meth or nos to spool. Contraire to most of other big turbos.
My next one i will use antilag as i guess ppl like that not just having number from just setup. They want to use every trick in the box to make max power... then game on.. even fuel was gas station fuel not a super refined and oxygenated fuel.. that s what i call a clean dyno.

N54135iAT

Private
Mar 29, 2019
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
I have not. Im on a pretty uneven part and i get frustrated trying to make dragy logs. Bcz it s a lil low or up and become unusable. As for on the street is fun. And when u say 1600 power band u mean at max power or after what power lever u considered power band. Bcz i look at 500whp and up that starts at 5k rpms on 93oct and my limiter is around 7800rmps. As for e85 is about 750 at 5500rpms. So what is power band. U think i need full boost to b in the power band?
Also consider that none of those dyno used antilag or meth or nos to spool. Contraire to most of other big turbos.
My next one i will use antilag as i guess ppl like that not just having number from just setup. They want to use every trick in the box to make max power... then game on.. even fuel was gas station fuel not a super refined and oxygenated fuel.. that s what i call a clean dyno.

Starting in 3rd gear using rolling antilag or nos to spool will be crazy.

N54135iAT

Private
Mar 29, 2019
Ride
BMW E82 135i N54
Full spool at 6000RPM by the looks of it?

it depends on the boost you are running. When you only go for 20 Psi "full Spool" is earlier thats clear. More boost = higher in rpm. Independent what turbo or magic sauce in the tank you use. Running near 40 Psi is serious stuff haha. 25 Psi on his 76mm turbo is like maxed out hybrids or 35 psi on a 62 or 64mm lol

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200508-145207_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200508-145207_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20200423-191709_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-191709_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 37

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Also your gold standard dyno- stick a stock car on it. Does it make 300+ -AT THE WHEELS?- if so then BS.

I'm not going to muck up another thread trying to explain to you how various types of dynos work and the differences between crank and wheel HP. You really need to educate yourself on the various types of dynos, how they can be manipulated, and why people world wide consider dynojets to be the most comparable dyno.

Just as an example that you don't know wtf you are talking about:
Dynojets are the highest reading dynos

You keep on believing that buddy. If you want to talk about different dynos go start a thread and don't post about them in this one.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Also your gold standard dyno- stick a stock car on it. Does it make 300+ -AT THE WHEELS?- if so then BS.

I'm not going to muck up another thread trying to explain to you how various types of dynos work and the differences between crank and wheel HP. You really need to educate yourself on the various types of dynos, how they can be manipulated, and why people world wide consider dynojets to be the most comparable dyno.

Just as an example to prove that you don't know wtf you are talking about:
Dynojets are the highest reading dynos, you guys should get on a Mustang.

You keep on believing that buddy. If you want to talk about different dynos go start a thread and don't post about them in this one. It's 100% off topic.

Nothing to hide. Those are the 735 and 736 back to back dyno pulls.
Let me know what u see and how to make it better. I may push this to 800whp when i go back to 93oct . Lol but yet as u can see is not push to a limit so it is easy to go more .. but u tell me

Hey I am not super familiar with reading logs, especially from a jb4 controlled car, why does the meth # go from 0 to 100 during the log and E85 go from 0 to 41 during the pull? Just curious what those values are reading. I would assume meth would be 0 and E85 would be 10% at most during the pull?

I wouldn't waste time going for glory number on 93 unless you really want to. Maybe just set a few records on 93 and be done with it? Like running 10s on 93 for example. Assuming you can build enough boost off the line the DCT will be in the meat of the power range after every shift I would imagine, especially if you are reving out to 7800rpms. Your dynos just show how much the n54 needs revs.

Last edited:

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
"" the meth # go from 0 to 100 during the log and E85 go from 0 to 41 during the pull? Just curious what those values are reading. I would assume meth would be 0 and E85 would be 10% at most during the pull? "" :sweatsmile:

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i

Inside of the U.S does not represent "world wide" representation.
I think it's actually you that should read the history of the famous Dynojet and how it was based on flawed calculations measuring a motorbike.
As a tool for pure "DELTA" only comparisons it's fine. For out and out figures such as this post, it is not accurate. So no need to create a separate post, because the whole post is about a WHP figure, obtained off a Dynojet.

Just to "educate" you- Wheel horsepower - a dyno that measures from the wheels is not always wheel horsepower because of the correction factor applied to get to flywheel power- usually +15%.
On a Dynojet, whilst they don't have the option to select anything other than wheel horsepower, the figures almost always are the same as an accurate dyno's flywheel power measurement (but with some extra bhp added on for good measure).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: E92 420

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
Inside of the U.S does not represent "world wide" representation.
I think it's actually you that should read the history of the famous Dynojet and how it was based on flawed calculations measuring a motorbike.
As a tool for pure "DELTA" only comparisons it's fine. For out and out figures such as this post, it is not accurate. So no need to create a separate post, because the whole post is about a WHP figure, obtained off a Dynojet.

Just to "educate" you- Wheel horsepower - a dyno that measures from the wheels is not always wheel horsepower because of the correction factor applied to get to flywheel power- usually +15%.
On a Dynojet, whilst they don't have the option to select anything other than wheel horsepower, the figures almost always are the same as an accurate dyno's flywheel power measurement (but with some extra bhp added on for good measure).
And as long is compared to other dynojets that is just fine. Again with same settings. I dont give a rat about where numbers come from as long we all have the same source and setti g they r comparable. And thats what it is A comparison.
Now on the streets. Compare the same numbers on MT and AT and DCT. With same setup. Who do u thing will win.. even same driver. All those 3 diff tranny will not cross the line at the same time 600 even at 1200whp.