335iS Engine Mount Sudden Price Reduction $240...WTF?

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
So I run the Turner mounts up front. They raised the motor slightly for more clearance for the PS pulley and are a great upgrade over stock. I think the 335is is a nice bump from the 335i but honestly I can't fault this Turner mount at all. Spend a little more and get something better imo.

What you shouldn't do is get the knockoff OEM mounts, I forget the brand but it looks like a factory mount but is junk. Don't cheap out on mounts.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
So I run the Turner mounts up front. They raised the motor slightly for more clearance for the PS pulley and are a great upgrade over stock. I think the 335is is a nice bump from the 335i but honestly I can't fault this Turner mount at all. Spend a little more and get something better imo.

What you shouldn't do is get the knockoff OEM mounts, I forget the brand but it looks like a factory mount but is junk. Don't cheap out on mounts.

I heard about those imitation aftermarket OEM ones...terrible.

ansch

Lurker
Sep 23, 2018
Ride
E82 135i SGM
2022: What's the take on engine mounts? I ordered a 335is mount from Schmiedmann for the right and a Lemforder OEM mount for the left. Not a racecar. Which ones are knockoff OEM mounts? I took a punt that the Lemforder would be good quality along with the rest of their gears.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Corteco are the original manufacturer.

I always thought that the non-is mounts were the same aside from the heatshield. I replaced the ones in my 335 with two of the Corteco left side mounts because at the time the 335is mount was £400.

I noticed a few people in this thread mention that even the non is mounts have different stiffness each side. Has anyone looked into this in more detail?