1/4 mile mid 10s on DCT! MHD and XHP this platform is not dead, please read

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020

XHP performance launch on 18s r888rs wow!!

I have full video on dragy with helmet mount

I want to add I did this on 18 inch tire not even a drag slick with a stiff ass b8 rear shocks, with zero boost off the line, and minimal weight reduction, on stock motor and stock clutches on my very first few passes!! I mean what the limits?

if I actually try to be serious and get a drag slick, proper line lock kit, a little more weight reduction. I mean low 10s could I even say 9 are possible. The mhp is there my 02 burned up half way down the track stuck afrs I will be able trap near 140.

XHP performance launch is great and with the new flash they definitely made this transmission possible to work with. But there is still no way to build boost off the line with traction control completely off. If MHD and xHP can get together. We need traction control completely turned off and be able to hold rpm and build some boost antilag these cars can be in pushing 10 seconds flat very easily. With a 1.6 sixty foot I am there dipping into the 9s

can someone please tag xHP, MHD. This platform is not dead. Let’s accomplish some records everyone

Attachments

• 70B9017F-B686-4E29-97A0-A88E6C1A8CED.jpeg
    70B9017F-B686-4E29-97A0-A88E6C1A8CED.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 43B9AEDC-D6B7-401D-93F7-1DC1F04684D6.jpeg
    43B9AEDC-D6B7-401D-93F7-1DC1F04684D6.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
There was a hack way to build boost just retard timing and change vanos in the map around launch RPM but @jyamona also said 2 step and other goodies were also coming soon

Also, it’s impossible to do 10s,full weight with a N54 DCT… they are weak gearboxes and couldn’t possibly handle the power without expensive upgrades

sorry… I couldn’t help myself

Last edited:

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
There was a hack way to build boost just retard timing and change vanos in the map around launch RPM but @jyamona also said 2 step and other goodies were also coming soon

Also, it’s impossible to do 10s,full weight with a N54 DCT… they are weak gearboxes and couldn’t possibly handle the power without expensive upgrades

sorry… I couldn’t help myself
Dude that’s what I’m saying I used to see that all the time a few years ago saying how weak the DCT was only could handle 500 lb of torque blah blah. I really think people underestimate this gear box and no one has hardly tried to push this DCT in the 1/4 to actually see what 60 foot time it can pull off, the trap speeds really makes up for it

obviously I have a completely stock DCT handling all the power no problem, the stock clutches are a beast still with xhp.

I’ll be going to experiment with launching I wonder if I put it in burnout mode and drop the clutch instead of performance launch and going with a 15inch drag tire I’ll be able to hook and pull off a better sixty then 1.9. XHP launch with traction all the way off build rpm and drops or slips clutch instantly I cannot hold the rpm there so even Ken antilag wouldn’t work also. It only works on factory launch control with traction on which we cannot code out.

if we had a proper launch control with antilag with the ability to turn traction all the way off. It will take the DCT to new levels. Ether way I’ll be testing the limits to see if low 10s or breaking 9 are possible all I need is a 1.6 sixty to do it.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I assume you e flashed the DSC with the M3 version ?
the M3 and m5 guys have been launching these a lot longer than anyone so look to those guys best to see what might be possible

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The platform is gone to cheap and kids are buying these car's up for nothing and fitting them with china turbos, trashing it and
devaluing it to the point even a small accident writes the car off.

I love the platform and I think its great but even a b58 these days with a mild tune will wipe a n54 with a ton of money sunk into it.

I'm still playing because I love the platform but its constantly one thing or another where do you draw the line.

• Agree
Reactions: SlowE93

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Dude that’s what I’m saying I used to see that all the time a few years ago saying how weak the DCT was only could handle 500 lb of torque blah blah. I really think people underestimate this gear box and no one has hardly tried to push this DCT in the 1/4 to actually see what 60 foot time it can pull off, the trap speeds really makes up for it

obviously I have a completely stock DCT handling all the power no problem, the stock clutches are a beast still with xhp.

I’ll be going to experiment with launching I wonder if I put it in burnout mode and drop the clutch instead of performance launch and going with a 15inch drag tire I’ll be able to hook and pull off a better sixty then 1.9. XHP launch with traction all the way off build rpm and drops or slips clutch instantly I cannot hold the rpm there so even Ken antilag wouldn’t work also. It only works on factory launch control with traction on which we cannot code out.

if we had a proper launch control with antilag with the ability to turn traction all the way off. It will take the DCT to new levels. Ether way I’ll be testing the limits to see if low 10s or breaking 9 are possible all I need is a 1.6 sixty to do it.
Traction can be switched off in your tune also. @jyamona and @WedgePerformance
Might be able to help you with that

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
That DME logic switch only applies to MT AFAIK. LC requirements are in the TCU and MT doesn't have one. You'd either need to change the trans program section or interpose values, so it thinks conditions are correct at alternate settings.

Other option might be M3 DCT bin/GWS/etc. since DSC full off is the requirement for LC on it.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
That DME logic switch only applies to MT AFAIK. LC requirements are in the TCU and MT doesn't have one. You'd either need to change the trans program section or interpose values, so it thinks conditions are correct at alternate settings.

Other option might be M3 DCT bin/GWS/etc. since DSC full off is the requirement for LC on it.
I was sure that Jake was testing some parameter in the DME and could reduce or even switch off intervention from the DSC on a DCT car at some stage.
or I’m getting early onset Alzheimer’s

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I was sure that Jake was testing some parameter in the DME and could reduce or even switch off intervention from the DSC on a DCT car at some stage.
or I’m getting early onset Alzheimer’s
Gotcha, I thought you were talking about requirement for LC.

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
The platform is gone to cheap and kids are buying these car's up for nothing and fitting them with china turbos, trashing it and
devaluing it to the point even a small accident writes the car off.

I love the platform and I think its great but even a b58 these days with a mild tune will wipe a n54 with a ton of money sunk into it.

I'm still playing because I love the platform but its constantly one thing or another where do you draw the line.
I can see what you are saying for sure. Thats why I like my IS because at least the cheap kids cannot afford these yet lol.

B58 are nice for sure but a B58 with a mild tune ain't gonna wipe my n54 haha :D

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Traction can be switched off in your tune also. @jyamona and @WedgePerformance
Might be able to help you with that

The other issue is even if traction control coded out it still has to be in (sport mode traction pressed once to use factory launch control) but if this is the case XHP true manual mode only works with traction completely off (long press), so when I try to do a burnout or even do a hard run with sport traction pressed. The car will shift by itself when I don't want it to. I have to press traction completely off for me to be in true manual mode where the car won't shift until I tell it to. So its ether I give up XHP true manual mode or I give up factory launch control to have the ability to use anti lag. so give or take. I want true manual mode with XHP with a Launch control option to use antilag right now its never been done before.

Last edited:

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
The other issue is even if traction control coded out it still has to be in (sport mode traction pressed once to use factory launch control) but if this is the case XHP true manual mode only works with traction completely off (long press), so when I try to do a burnout or even do a hard run with sport traction pressed. The car will shift by itself when I don't want it to. I have to press traction completely off for me to be in true manual mode where the car won't shift until I tell it to. So its ether I give up XHP true manual mode or I give up factory launch control to have the ability to use anti lag. so give or take. I want true manual mode with XHP with a Launch control option to use antilag right now its never been done before.
If traction control itself isn't the problem and you just don't want it to shift because of slippage or rev limit on DTC, simple calibration change should stop that. Surely, XHP can apply the DSC off settings to DTC also.

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
If traction control itself isn't the problem and you just don't want it to shift because of slippage or rev limit on DTC, simple calibration change should stop that. Surely, XHP can apply the DSC off settings to DTC also.
Yeah they won’t do that for me I’m not special enough lol

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
Yeah they won’t do that for me I’m not special enough lol
But yes that would be great if XHP can have the true manual mode with DTC on then I can use his Ken antilag with factory launch control, and the trans won’t try to change gear on slippage or when it hits factory rev limiter. I can talk to Ken and see if he can really limit traction control with DSC still on.

only problem is xHP won’t do it for me I’ll ask Ken maybe if he can get with xHP and come up with a solution since he has a connection with them

Last edited:

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I can prevent DSC intervention on the DME side, it is a simple change I can provide Ken the byte addresses. While that map is flashed though, you will have no DSC at all, regardless of the button status.

Reactions: RSL and aus335iguy

Mvaccarelli01

Corporal
Apr 18, 2020
I can prevent DSC intervention on the DME side, it is a simple change I can provide Ken the byte addresses. While that map is flashed though, you will have no DSC at all, regardless of the button status.
That would be awesome! only thing left is have xHP true manual mode be active also with DSC on (pressed once sport traction where factory launch control is usable)

because right now its coded to be active with a long press of the traction button. When car is in sport traction it still shifts by itself and acts stupid. I’m sure that is from the TCU side right?

if you can do that and xHP can make that possible which seems pretty easy. The DCT will finally have a antilag full adjustable launch control option with traction completely off, and no TCU interference with the factory dme. This will finally make this transmission more attractive and maybe I can even get close to breaking 9.99. stock engine, and stock DCT😏