xHP Flashtool Transmission App released to public!

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
I believe Rayban mentioned some connection issue with certain devices. Also post or email them the device info.

Ruru chen

Apr 1, 2017
Ride
bmw 135i
What cable do you have?
DCan obd2 wire ,I can connect to MHD some connect system but can't connect XHP,
IMG20170406143604.jpg
IMG20170406143617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
We cleared this already through e-mail. He's using Chinese Language Set on his phone. Switch to English, Re-Install and all works. We're aware of this issue and should be fixed with the next release.

TweakDemon

Private
Feb 1, 2017
UPDATE:

I've had some time to let the trans settle. It's still not totally dialed in but it's definitely getting there. It's hard to force myself to stay in D while the car is warming up since I almost always went in to M to avoid the shit shifting of the Alpina flash during warm up. I'm sure that did wonders for the longevity of the trans but whatever, it still works just fine for now. I've had to completely retrain my brain so that I use to whole pedal rather than stopping at the kick down switch. It's a weird feeling to suddenly not have to worry about the trans jumping down a gear when you mash the loud pedal.

Ripped on it a little bit merging on to a nice straight away today in M. Holy hell. Shifting as close to 7200 as I dared take it caused a huge backfire (I could swear I shot flames because the sound alone definitely caught me off guard). Scared the shit out of some bicyclist on the other side of the road in the process. I'm sure he was super thrilled about damn near stuffing his nice road bike into the dirt.

Was it worth the money in the end? Hell yes. Would I recommend it to anyone? Absolutely, IF you're serious about getting the most out of your auto trans. Honestly the OTS map has room for improvement in general, but it's still a damn sight better than Alpina.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
UPDATE:

I've had some time to let the trans settle. It's still not totally dialed in but it's definitely getting there. It's hard to force myself to stay in D while the car is warming up since I almost always went in to M to avoid the shit shifting of the Alpina flash during warm up. I'm sure that did wonders for the longevity of the trans but whatever, it still works just fine for now. I've had to completely retrain my brain so that I use to whole pedal rather than stopping at the kick down switch. It's a weird feeling to suddenly not have to worry about the trans jumping down a gear when you mash the loud pedal.

Ripped on it a little bit merging on to a nice straight away today in M. Holy hell. Shifting as close to 7200 as I dared take it caused a huge backfire (I could swear I shot flames because the sound alone definitely caught me off guard). Scared the shit out of some bicyclist on the other side of the road in the process. I'm sure he was super thrilled about damn near stuffing his nice road bike into the dirt.

Was it worth the money in the end? Hell yes. Would I recommend it to anyone? Absolutely, IF you're serious about getting the most out of your auto trans. Honestly the OTS map has room for improvement in general, but it's still a damn sight better than Alpina.
Still letting mine adapt as I just got mine successfully flashed and car back up and running yesterday. D mode is definitely better then Alpina, but for ST guys, under light throttle shifting at 1500-1600 rpms is still far to low. I spoke with Xhp about that this morning, he plans on a release with higher light throttle shifting points for ST guys in the next couple days after our discussion. M mode, even without adpating fully yet, puts Alpina to shame on the up shifts. Down shifts seem to be about the same as alpina, possibly a little slower (a little disappointed about this) but this may have to do with it not being adapted yet. First impressions are it's really good, definitely has room for improvement, if he puts out a higher rpm light throttle shift point like we discussed, it'll already be light years better then Alpina.

Reactions: RSTECH

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Well guys, I'm sorry this is a little late but I really wanted to get some quality time behind the wheel. First off I vinlocked to the demo car, so make sure you physically connect to your car when you purchase the license. Secondly, I dont know if this multiplies the affects of weak equipment but I blew two coils as soon as I flashed this. I didn't blow any for 5,000 miles of mhd so I figured they were strong. Could just be time for them to be changed, so a good tip is to make sure your equipment is tip top at all times. I also had a much needed walnut blast done about 20 miles after this so all of what I'm feeling will be skewed by that. This is stage 2. First things first, the downshifts are Amazing! The throttle blips are absolutely my favorite part, no more insane torque lunge.
Drive mode is better, but will take some getting used to. The amount of time in 3rd gear is too short for my taste at low throttle. It almost skips third gear completely.
I have no comment for s mode, I never used it
M mode is beastly, at 1/4 throttle the shifts are snappy, but a little clunky, whereas full throttle the shifts seem faster and smoother, almost like there's no stoppage of putting power down. The downshifts.... Gawd the downshifts. I'm in love with downshifting my car for absolutely no reason at all. The noise and the smoothness is incredible. Thanks so much for that.
Anyway I have a 600mile trip coming up and I'll give more feedback when I make that.

Reactions: doublespaces

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Starting to wonder why my downshifts are so lazy compared to what others are experiencing.

Speedman3

Private
Nov 5, 2016
California
Is anyone available to help fix "coding not found" issue? I've searched for instruction but can't get NCSExpert to run on my machine. Willing to pay for resolution....

Speedman3

Private
Nov 5, 2016
California
Resetting trans adaptations thru INPA? Not a good idea without an adaptation drive cycle post reset. Quick way to wear down your trans without one.

I'm still hitting a brick wall using it. No response to email or PM. Found this little gem on another forum
Concerning the "Retrieve vehicle details" issue:

This should be already fixed in the meantime, as it is related to the backend, not the app itself!

The coding bug:

This happens a lot since release, as many cars have being flashed in the past with WinkFP, but haven't been properly coded with NCSExpert afterwards. On newer cars this is obvious, because of the paddles not working, on older cars, this is not noticeable for the driver. Only if you retrieve the fault codes, you will have a "coding missing" error.

This prevents reading of the coding, which we do at the end of the backup. So that's the reason, why guys were sitting 30 minutes before their tablets and then got the error. We now changed that, so that this pops up immediately on start of backup. So that does not safe one, from coding his unit properly before applying xHP, but at least it is visible instant and get's messaged accordingly.

This issue never popped up the last 1.5 months, as it is very specific to 335i drivers using the Alpina flash.

For all those, who have NCS Expert, here's the way to code your TCU:

- Copy the file attached in your C:\NCSEXPER\PFL folder
- Start NCS
- Load Profile  Expertmode FSW PSW Manipulate ohne MAN
- Hit F2 (Chassis), Select E89
- Hit F1 VIN/ZCS/FA
- Hit F3 ZCS/FA f. ECU, select CAS
- Hit F6 (Back)
- Hit F4 (Process ECU), select EGS
- Hit F3 (Execute Job)
- Done

Wasted some more time going thru that process. Still nada.

I can't get NCS to run, if anyone can help I'm willing to pay.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i

Did a 26psi test with stage 3. Just a little backround on my car, last time I tried to run 26psi, the transmission slipped, and dropped gears when trying to shift under full throttle at redline.

Pits200

Apr 11, 2017
What am I missing here, I went to stage 3 but my car still doesn't let me shift at the higher rpm? There wasn't a setting during setup that I missed. I could have read more to figure out way but Im being lazy.

Thanks

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
It's documented in the manual for xhp under the FAQ section.
@RayBan I thoroughly read all 26 pages and didn't see any mention of what transmission to select in mhd tuning. I'm running no Alpina right now and wondering if I'm missing out on something by selecting Alpina. A straight answer would be nice.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
@RayBan I think I found my answer by reading the beta thread. The manual you sent the beta testers must be different than the one in the app.

Screenshot_20170411-215559.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
What am I missing here, I went to stage 3 but my car still doesn't let me shift at the higher rpm? There wasn't a setting during setup that I missed. I could have read more to figure out way but Im being lazy.

Thanks

Could you elaborate that a little? I'm not aware of stock transmissions that reject a shift complete, but of some which try to engage the next gear but fall into limp mode or jump back to the previous gear.

Please describe your setup (JB4, MHD, turbos etc.) and what exactly happens in what situation.

Pits200

Apr 11, 2017
Could you elaborate that a little? I'm not aware of stock transmissions that reject a shift complete, but of some which try to engage the next gear but fall into limp mode or jump back to the previous gear.

Please describe your setup (JB4, MHD, turbos etc.) and what exactly happens in what situation.

Car runs fine, I'm everything with no method and gc turbos. JB4 and mud tuned by TREBILA. The tcu backup and flash all seem to be accepted fine but I'm not sure if there is a reason that I still don't get 7k+ rpm shifts. Does it happen only in S mode or does it also work in manual?