Wheel speed sensor error after flash tune?

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Hi everyone,
I created my own tune by making what I believe are careful adjustments to the free back end flashes available to JB4 users.
It seems like whatever I have done causes a wheel speed sensor error although it is possible that it may be an intermittent issue with the sensor itself.

When watching a real time feed of the wheel speed sensor values with ISTA, I could see the problematic sensor sometimes reporting nothing and then reporting stuff.
It seems an intermittent issue.

I'm just wondering though if changes to the flash can cause a wheel speed sensor issue?
As strangely it seems like the issue often goes away if I go back to an unmodified bin file.

The problematic sensor is the rear left sensor. I believe this is the only one of the four sensors which I haven't yet replaced over the years of ownership.

I think this intermittent working/failing sensor is also confusing the heck out of my DCT transmission which is on a stage 3 XHP tune.
Though I understand that reported torque can be critical to shifts.

Thanks

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Well the issue (bad wheel speed sensor - no abs, no dsc etc) started happening on all flash tunes so it seems it was just the sensor slowly dying and failing.
I believe the DCT got really confused because it uses the wheel speed in some of it's shift calculations.

I replaced the bad sensor today.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Thank you for posting an update to the issue. I am sure it will help others.