Ad: VTT Product annoucement - Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Ah, I wouldn't swap that fear to dread just yet. We've sold hundreds of sets and had 1 complaint about a single part fitment and 5 complaints about leaks, it's pretty easy to have an issue with o-rings and assembly if one isn't well versed in joint makeup -and most are not. Take your time, make sure everything is very clean, inspect surfaces of mating parts to ensure there are no defects -particularly those that cross seal barriers- and you're going to be just fine. :)

Chris

Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
If you stick VTT, plz update the thread or do a review. Maybe first guy just had bad luck ? Not an excuse as all parts should pass some type of QC but.....let us know plz.
I will. I have a large amount of 'while I am in there' projects to do at the same time.

I don't think VTT would have skipped QC on these... but I am now concerned instead of feeling bullet proof. That's how this market goes. :)

And lube those o-rings!
No need to jam it in there dry.

What to use for the o-rings? Sylglide, petroleum jelly, dielectric grease?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I use white lithium grease to lube the o-rings on the coolant system. I was taught that 30 years ago working in a Nissan race shop. It has always served me well, especially when having to take stuff back apart!

Reactions: derekgates