derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Report; mount insert is great!

First startup and minor portion of initial idle has some minor vibration but otherwise the car feels fantastic. I love the little bit of vibration increase and otherwise plush feeling when accelerating. Bravo.

Honestly I'm stunned that you had a passenger motor mount last 100k miles. The iS mount is really that much better? My standard mount was crushed in less than 30k miles.

I believe on the motor mounts, there are two different torque specs, depending whether upper or lower fastener. From the TIS: 28nm (20 ft lbs) and 68nm (50 ft lbs). Smaller bolt is bottom side at 28nm. Don't know if the iS is different.

Filippo

It sure seems like the 'iS mount is better. I've tried to move the mount by hand and don't feel a collapsed feeling. The new mounts next to each other are quite a stark difference both in density and amount of rubber around the top 'bolt'. Price seems to be reducing but paying the $300 like I did can pay for a lot of cheaper mounts. :D

18 ft/lb is what I went with for bottom bolts. I agree with TIS... Bently might have a typo or I found the wrong specs. No worries. :)

Reactions: fmorelli

Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
Report; mount insert is great!

First startup and minor portion of initial idle has some minor vibration but otherwise the car feels fantastic. I love the little bit of vibration increase and otherwise plush feeling when accelerating. Bravo.

It sure seems like the 'iS mount is better. I've tried to move the mount by hand and don't feel a collapsed feeling. The new mounts next to each other are quite a stark difference both in density and amount of rubber around the top 'bolt'. Price seems to be reducing but paying the $300 like I did can pay for a lot of cheaper mounts. :D

18 ft/lb is what I went with for bottom bolts. I agree with TIS... Bently might have a typo or I found the wrong specs. No worries. :)

What idle rpm are you running? You can raise it a little to avoid vibrations at idle.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Does anyone know in mm or inches what the oem thickness of rubber is that protrudes above the shell of the oem motor mount, when new?

I've ordered these VTT inserts and have one set of used 034 motor mounts and one set of used oem mounts, want to measure them up and check for any existing compression/ collapse from original height.