VTT Chargepipe Possible Issue

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Is anyone here using the VTT charge pipe? I'm using one with a Turbosmart BOV. Anyway, since installation I occasionally get a 30FF around 4500-5000 rpm at part or full load. Logs show boost pretty much meeting target.
I've checked intercooler connections, sensor, BOV connection, and installed meth port plugs with thread tape. Only thing I can think of is the connection to throttle body. Gasket is definitely on, but the charge pipe can be slightly wiggled around and looks ever so slightly loose on the TB. The edge of the charge pipe doesn't quite touch the lip on the TB. I've been told that this is normal but I'm not so sure anymore. I've also read that the VTT pipe doesn't hold boost very well.
Anyone have input on this? Thanks guys.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
It's VTT, they can and do fuck up just about everything they sell. I almost wrote manufacture, but they don't manufacture shit. Just send products to the Chinese to be copied.

Borrow a friends CP and see if it fixes the issue?

Does it fit/seal as well as the factory pipe? If not, could be your problem.

Is the O ring missing? Is it the right size?

Reactions: Brule

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
It's VTT, they can and do fuck up just about everything they sell. I almost wrote manufacture, but they don't manufacture shit. Just send products to the Chinese to be copied.

Borrow a friends CP and see if it fixes the issue?

Does it fit/seal as well as the factory pipe? If not, could be your problem.

Is the O ring missing? Is it the right size?
I got the CP from FCPEuro for lifetime warranty so there's that. It's the only aftermarket CP they have. O-ring is definitely on there.
I guess I'm gonna just pressure test the system, that should solve the problem. Thanks!

Sausage

Private
Jul 12, 2022
The CP seals on the O ring. Not on the throttle body metal to metal contact.
I have the BMS 335d CP which is also very loose. Didn't leak with stock O ring but I still upgraded it to a 4mm thick O ring and now it sits pretty snugly. Just need to install body+cp as one part as its pretty hard to get on when in the car.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
The CP seals on the O ring. Not on the throttle body metal to metal contact.
I have the BMS 335d CP which is also very loose. Didn't leak with stock O ring but I still upgraded it to a 4mm thick O ring and now it sits pretty snugly. Just need to install body+cp as one part as its pretty hard to get on when in the car.
Yeah I'm hitting boost targets pretty well so you'd think if it wasn't sealing properly I'd get low boost. But I'm still getting 30FF on occasion at part and full throttle.
Maybe I'll take apart the airbox tomorrow and take a photo of how it looks for y'all.
I remember it being kind of a pain to get the CP on the TB fully.
Another thing I was thinking of was whether it's tune related.