Timing corrections and spark plugs

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Thats a clean log. If you want to be super precise, your STFT are off a bit on spool. How old are the injectors? You may want to put a can of injector cleaner in your tank on next fill up.

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
Thats a clean log. If you want to be super precise, your STFT are off a bit on spool. How old are the injectors? You may want to put a can of injector cleaner in your tank on next fill up.
I'm still on index 1 I don't abuse the car too much some pulls sometimes. I drive rather calmly. What would you recommend on my next fill up?
My stft should be at how much? It looked fine to me but I want to do it right šŸ‘

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Trims are ugly, no injector cleaner is going to fix that.

Trims less than +-5% are ideal, those are all over the place and both in different directions.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
I ll rather go the bargain route first and try the injector cleaner. But with Index 1 injectors you sure need to upgrade them to the latest revision and skip the bargain this time :)

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
I thought the injectors were still okay. I'll see what I find but that is an expensive fix but I'll have to do it anyway if I want to keep the car for a long time haha.
This might explain my problem with the fuel...

MoRaeee

Sep 21, 2021
Here is the log friends
Hi
I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I see that your logs look pretty clean after struggling with timing corrections. I'm having the same issue. I first flashed the 95 octane v9 map. I had slight corrections and thought it was bad so I was told to switch to the 91 octane map which was even worse. I'm not on the v8 93 octane map stage 2. I'll post a log so everyone can see what's going on. I was told that the the timing corrections that I'm getting is normal. Please help

Thanks

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Your log does not look that bad. But you need to tell us more about the car and your mods. To me it looks like you are running too rich and thus you have timing corrections. Is it an OTS Map from MHD? Cant believe they are aiming AFR for below 12. Never saw that before.

MoRaeee

Sep 21, 2021
Your log does not look that bad. But you need to tell us more about the car and your mods. To me it looks like you are running too rich and thus you have timing corrections. Is it an OTS Map from MHD? Cant believe they are aiming AFR for below 12. Never saw that before.
Hi
So current mods are a set of custom made downpipes made by a local exhaust shop and I also have an aluminum charge pipe with stock divertor valves. I have a 5 inch vrsf stepped intercooler which I'm going to install soon. A major service was done 4000km prior to the tune. So the plugs are still new. Someone told me that my downpipes could be causing the issue because they custom made and do not look exactly the same as the ones you could buy from vrsf etc. Is it bad that the afr is aiming for below 12? Yes, it is an OTS MHD map. I'm currently on the v8 stage 2 93 octane.

Thanks for the help

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
As far as i know there is no need to go beyond 12 AFR on a DI car. Ideally you should be around 12.5 AFR on high rpmĀ“s. You can see that your timing corrections are starting where AFR dips below 12. And why is your boost limited to 14,5 PSI ? Usually you should see 18PSI or even more with a stage 2 map...

MoRaeee

Sep 21, 2021
As far as i know there is no need to go beyond 12 AFR on a DI car. Ideally you should be around 12.5 AFR on high rpmĀ“s. You can see that your timing corrections are starting where AFR dips below 12. And why is your boost limited to 14,5 PSI ? Usually you should see 18PSI or even more with a stage 2 map...
According to MHD the V8 stage 2 maps is supposed to boost between 15.5 - 18 psi and my other do reflect that. I was thinking that I should replace the coils and put new n55 plugs. I have no clue why I'm getting these constant corrections though.
Thanks for the help

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
I dont think coils and plugs (which have been changed recently in your case) are the reason why you do not reach target boost... also not the reason for running that rich AFRĀ“s. There is something off if you ask me. Keep us posted for the others with the same issue.

MoRaeee

Sep 21, 2021
I dont think coils and plugs (which have been changed recently in your case) are the reason why you do not reach target boost... also not the reason for running that rich AFRĀ“s. There is something off if you ask me. Keep us posted for the others with the same issue.
Some one recommended to me that I should get my injectors tested out. The car drives 100%. Pulls hard and there are minimal corrections at WOT. I'm just not sure why the corrections keep showing under light acceleration. I was also told that I should flash to stock and see if I get those corrections. If anyone else knows what could be wrong please let me know.

Thanks

Here's another log that I managed to do.