Timing corrections and spark plugs

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm currently running my BMW 335i E92 with a 5inch stepped intercooler and a MHD stage 1+ 98 ron.
Recently I've been doing some testes and I need some help.
I've been running my tune with 102 ron fuel because I was getting a lot of timing corrections. So when I run 102 ron fuel I have almost 0 timing corrections only on shifts.
When I use 98ron fuel I get quite a lot of correction sometimes over 5 degrees of corrections an corrections on over 3 cylinders.
Everything is ok, nothing special on the logs except the corrections and I slythgly overboost but it is not a lot.
My question is should I upgrade to colder sparkplugs as I am using the standard bosch but they have less than 10k in kilometers.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Its never a bad idea to upgrade plugs on tuned N54's. But i doubt it will solve your issues. Just stick with the higher octane fuel.

• Agree
Reactions: SlowE93

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021

Here is the graph

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
The V9 Stage 1+ from MHD also loves to add a lot of timing, hence the cars probably not happy with less octane. Also the option to log timing is (Timing Cyl. 1)
I do like that map because the car feels really responsive. I don't mind using higher fuel it just that I can't find it everywhere.
Otherwise my logs look ok or do you guys see anything weird?

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
The V9 Stage 1+ from MHD also loves to add a lot of timing, hence the cars probably not happy with less octane. Also the option to log timing is (Timing Cyl. 1)
But I will only be loggin cylinder one if I only tick that box or am I mistaken?

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
Of course the map feels responsive, but thats the point. Strong maps are requesting strong fuel - lol. Just log that cyl 1, it will tell all we need to know :) Usually you should see it climbing thru the rpm range to a max of 5-6 deg at redline.

yakon88

Lurker
May 3, 2021
Here is the log friends