stveclrk's (slow135) MMP Turbo build thread

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
What kind of hose and size did you use to replace the booster line. Also where did you get those tee fittings?

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
What kind of hose and size did you use to replace the booster line. Also where did you get those tee fittings?
Its the 3/8 vibrant hose. Part number is 20425. Just search it on amazon. The fittings are the stock fittings. I just used a box cutter blade to split the stock hose and pull it off the fittings.

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
So today I finished installing the FPR. I pulled the top hat from the drivers side and removed the stock FPR. I used a 1/4 x 1.5" stainless socket head bolt and 2x1/4" stainless washers to plug and ground the hole after removing the FPR. I also pulled the stock line out and detached it from the pump on the passenger side. I cut the grounding wire connector from the drivers side tophat and used a 1/4" ring connector and sandwiched it between two washers and grounded it using the plug bolt. Took it out for a couple test pulls and the fuel pressure in boost drops a bit low so I'll have to adjust the FPR. My brake and DTC light also came on while I was out so with my luck one of my sensors just went bad. I'm going to hook it up to INPA to read the diagnostics and find out whats up. I'm leaving in the morning for work and wont be back to play with the car till next sunday. So when I get back the plan is to read the DTC codes with INPA, adjust the setting on the FPR, and install the PR coils after I get a clean log.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So today I finished installing the FPR. I pulled the top hat from the drivers side and removed the stock FPR. I used a 1/4 x 1.5" stainless socket head bolt and 2x1/4" stainless washers to plug and ground the hole after removing the FPR. I also pulled the stock line out and detached it from the pump on the passenger side. I cut the grounding wire connector from the drivers side tophat and used a 1/4" ring connector and sandwiched it between two washers and grounded it using the plug bolt. Took it out for a couple test pulls and the fuel pressure in boost drops a bit low so I'll have to adjust the FPR. My brake and DTC light also came on while I was out so with my luck one of my sensors just went bad. I'm going to hook it up to INPA to read the diagnostics and find out whats up. I'm leaving in the morning for work and wont be back to play with the car till next sunday. So when I get back the plan is to read the DTC codes with INPA, adjust the setting on the FPR, and install the PR coils after I get a clean log.

Do you have rheingold/ISDA-D? That software is really awesome, not sure how it compares to INPA in that regard though.

N54QC

Corporal
Aug 17, 2017
Ride
07 E90 335i
Its the 3/8 vibrant hose. Part number is 20425. Just search it on amazon. The fittings are the stock fittings. I just used a box cutter blade to split the stock hose and pull it off the fittings.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
Here is a progress update on the build. I just got back today from my training at Camp Bullis (had to make sure the terrorists dont win) and I read the DTC code. Its showing 5E46 which has something to do with steering wheel angle/position not alligning with the wheels. When I did the turbo install I think I put the subframe back on a hair off to the left and it moved the steering rack with it and made the steering wheel sit about 1/2" to the right when going straight. So I scheduled an alignment and went to go adjust the tie rods to bring the steering wheel back to center till my appointment. After about an hour I realized that the inner and outer tie rods are rusted/corroded together and I'll need to get some new ones to get the alignment done. I just ordered a set of Febi Bilstein tie rods with new boots as a kit on amazon that should get here by next weekend.
IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5430.PNG

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
I have the last version of Rheingold, if someone has some online storage i can upload there.
It's 70Gb without the programming module, add another 60Gb if you want it.

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
I have the last version of Rheingold, if someone has some online storage i can upload there.
It's 70Gb without the programming module, add another 60Gb if you want it.
I for sure want a copy. Just not sure of where to upload a file that size. Are you able to compress the file and email it?

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
I for sure want a copy. Just not sure of where to upload a file that size. Are you able to compress the file and email it?
Hahahahahaha, i can't tell if you're serious or not. 70Gb is the compressed size.

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
Thanks Traf! I'm going to try to download it now.

Update: I got the PR coils in and reflashed the MHD map. I was able to get the engine cover back on by trimming a bit of sound deadening liner out. Doing my best to keep it as sleeper looking as possible. I made sure that every connection point was snapped on and snug. I also used dielectric grease on all of the plug wire connections to the spark plugs and igniter boxs. Did my best to clean up the wire loom but it is for sure a PITA. Besides that the car is idling smoothly. I kept the gap at .018 for the time being so I can get a good comparison of the logs.
IMG_5462.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG
IMG_5466.JPG
IMG_5467.JPG
IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5472.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG