Spun Crank Hub 6MT

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Yes but not the motor is being sold off after the head allegedly lifted? Seems a little odd that a full 11mm headstud converted block is lifting the head unless your using an autozone head gasket

Elring is fine. They make good products (at least here in germany)

About the head lift. There was a video and the gasket was allegedly damaged before or during installation. So he said it was not an actual head lift. Went Athena Cutring after that and car pulled again without issues. Sold after the fix.

SLOWESTN54

Lieutenant
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i / 2008 E60 535i

About the head lift. There was a video and the gasket was allegedly damaged before or during installation. So he said it was not an actual head lift. Went Athena Cutring after that and car pulled again without issues. Sold after the fix.
We all watch the same stuff aye

RuskiRacer

Captain
Vendor
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i

Ahhh interesting. My plan is to use the elring gasket i have and then when my built head is ready put that on with a cut ring gasket

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
So I have my motor out right now for my dct swap+turbos and want to do the crank hub. Im waiting to hear back from vac about the prebuy they have going. Didn't know about the bmw update untill reading through this thread. Anyone have the part numbers for the updated bmw hub? Thoughts on what direction to go

Attachments

• 20220409_124802.jpg
    20220409_124802.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 46

RuskiRacer

Captain
Vendor
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
So I have my motor out right now for my dct swap+turbos and want to do the crank hub. Im waiting to hear back from vac about the prebuy they have going. Didn't know about the bmw update untill reading through this thread. Anyone have the part numbers for the updated bmw hub? Thoughts on what direction to go
If you don't wanna wait on the overpriced vac hub I will get you an insanecrankhub.com 2 pin 1 peice hub. Whenever you need