Spool - App. Development Thread - Log Analyzer

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Hello Spoolers,

I have been working with @Snelson3003 on an application that could be used to help aid members when looking over logs.

The application will be created in the .NET framework and, for the time being will only be for Windows.

Further development will depend on how the public likes the application.

What Is Spool?
Spool, is an application that will aid anyone that logs information from their JB4/MHD.
This would be a 'anytime' self service tool that anyone could use. This would cancel the need for having to reach out and have your logs reviewed.

What Can It Do?
The possibilities are virtually limitless with the application and its potential.
Due to all the information we gather being numeric data we can 'accurately' diagnose the logs.

Progress:
[X] User Friendly Interface
[X] Loading CSV Files
[X] Organizing all the gathered data
[X] Re-designed Original User Interface
[_] Too much too list.. We will come back to this xD

Media:
spool_zpsd9fn0qah.png

spoolHome_zpspgb5gt7x.png

Thanks everyone
- Derek

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hello Spoolers,

I have been working with @Snelson3003 on an application that could be used to help aid members when looking over logs.

The application will be created in the .NET framework and, for the time being will only be for Windows.

Further development will depend on how the public likes the application.

What Is Spool?
Spool, is an application that will aid anyone that logs information from their JB4/MHD.
This would be a 'anytime' self service tool that anyone could use. This would cancel the need for having to reach out and have your logs reviewed.

What Can It Do?
The possibilities are virtually limitless with the application and its potential.
Due to all the information we gather being numeric data we can 'accurately' diagnose the logs.

Progress:
[X] User Friendly Interface
[X] Loading CSV Files
[_] Fuel Systems Check
[_] Timing Corrections Report
[_] PID System Monitoring
.... More to come

Thanks everyone
- Derek

This is actually a badass idea. You could also have an online database to check against, averages, charts, etc.

Reactions: Euro venom
Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
This is actually a badass idea. You could also have an online database to check against, averages, charts, etc.

Well.. The need for anything to check against online wont be needed.

The application is going to have an AI (Artificial Intelligence) to check data against other variables in order to give a decently accurate health check of the log.

A lot of numbers will need to be crunched but... Would save the collective loads of hours of looking over their logs.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well.. The need for anything to check against online wont be needed.

The application is going to have an AI (Artificial Intelligence) to check data against other variables in order to give a decently accurate health check of the log.

A lot of numbers will need to be crunched but... Would save the collective loads of hours of looking over their logs.

Sounds cool. I'd be happy to help, is this visual cpp? If I had more time I could probably give a hand. Either way, I'm interested! This thing could definitely be a hit. I'll pay you for a plugin port for this site, that would be rad!

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Sounds cool. I'd be happy to help, is this visual cpp? If I had more time I could probably give a hand. Either way, I'm interested! This thing could definitely be a hit. I'll pay you for a plugin port for this site, that would be rad!
No need to pay!! I will gladly help any way I can to support the growth of SpoolStreet. I give back to communities that help me learn and, grow.

On the other hand.. I am making this in Visual Basic, but I won't need any assistance been working with Basic since I was 12 :p

If you do need any help with anything programming wise you are always free to give me a shout-out.

Reactions: AzNdevil

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
No need to pay!! I will gladly help any way I can to support the growth of SpoolStreet. I give back to communities that help me learn and, grow.

On the other hand.. I am making this in Visual Basic, but I won't need any assistance been working with Basic since I was 12 :p

If you do need any help with anything programming wise you are always free to give me a shout-out.
I haven't messed with basic much, spent most of my coding time on C++. If you'd like to turn this into a site plugin also, that would be awesome, though learning how to do that with XenForo may require the help of a XenForo addon dev.
Another addon I want is a tire fitment calculator. I've got something like that planned.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Look into ASP.NET application development. You could just integrate the applications into the website

I had an ASP website built before, it was a database which required a lot of security. But XenForo is PHP based. I'm not sure what kind of bridges/porting tools are available, but I tend to avoid any modifications to the site which modify the core code. Anything I do to the site is an extensible addon/plugin which allows me to upgrade the forum software freely without breaking any core parts of the site. Addons themselves are updated to match. Otherwise you end up having more custom work done to the site when updates occur.

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
I had an ASP website built before, it was a database which required a lot of security. But XenForo is PHP based. I'm not sure what kind of bridges/porting tools are available, but I tend to avoid any modifications to the site which modify the core code. Anything I do to the site is an extensible addon/plugin which allows me to upgrade the forum software freely without breaking any core parts of the site. Addons themselves are updated to match. Otherwise you end up having more custom work done to the site when updates occur.

If its a database or something that needs security I could see why you would want that double checked but... If its an application that takes input from a file and displays an output.. Really not a whole lot that needs to be monitored. If needed I can develop it for you and check the finished product for exploits. I spent 3 - 4 years studying cyber security.

This is awesome, do you have an expected release date for windows? Would love to test with Jb4

Hopefully, I will have a beta by next Sunday. I work 4x 10 hour days so Thursday - Sunday is my best days for development. So, I am going to be studying and gathering input that way I can have plenty of time to think about how all the AI is going process information.

Reactions: Djohnson92

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well I'd be happy to help you test it out also. I wonder if we could get some tuners in here to help set some parameters?

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Now this is the future of auto I dreamed of a while back... Glad the experts are making it happen... This would be huge if the algorithms are a plenty and complex... Sure you got it covered... Maybe some tuners will chime in on this thread for algos to make...

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Now this is the future of auto I dreamed of a while back... Glad the experts are making it happen... This would be huge if the algorithms are a plenty and complex... Sure you got it covered... Maybe some tuners will chime in on this thread for algos to make...

We are definitely going to try our best to cover as much as possible! Thank you for the support it really helps!