Solid rear axle

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
Anyone do a solid rear axle conversion on a 135/335/535? Curious if it could be a low cost option if you can weld and do minor fab work for those running at the drag strip.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Just curious: how many Mustangs have been converted back to the fox chassis days of solid rear axles?

Filippo

135iTX

Corporal
Dec 1, 2017
Ride
2009 135i
Tons of Cobras have been converted to SRA’s, it’s a common swap for those dedicated to drag racing

Reactions: fmorelli

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
Doing a solid rear end will not be cost effective if done right. The amount of time and fab work it would take to do this would be insane and to the point you might as well back half the car. Now I would love to do this and there is a reason why peole are getting rid of there IRS for drag cause it just works. But it wouldn't be worth it for the everyday person. The hardest part would be getting the geometry correct and taking the time to fab stuff and ripping everything out to the point where it might as well be fully tubular rear end with a 4 link ;)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Doing a solid rear end will not be cost effective if done right. The amount of time and fab work it would take to do this would be insane and to the point you might as well back half the car. Now I would love to do this and there is a reason why peole are getting rid of there IRS for drag cause it just works. But it wouldn't be worth it for the everyday person. The hardest part would be getting the geometry correct and taking the time to fab stuff and ripping everything out to the point where it might as well be fully tubular rear end with a 4 link ;)
So....Send it?

Reactions: Torgus