Technical Single High flow catch can system for n54

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
How much benefit or gains did you see from this setup Tony as I'm very interested in doing something on another build I'm doing.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
oil sneaking through worn rings happens... vacuum pump helps prevent it
it also helps seals the ring to prevent pressure from combustion chamber to to enter crank case
helps clear crank from any windage

the fact that you said i was wrong is wrong, it was just an incomplete answer
Omar no offense sir, but you were not even sure how to properly set up a pcv system after you had already started selling PCV parts.
How much benefit or gains did you see from this setup Tony as I'm very interested in doing something on another build I'm doing.
For a Streetcar I would say the complexity well outweigh the benefits.

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
complexity never bothered me and neither did cost, I don't mind it as I love working and designing stuff

What kind of benefits have you found in terms of ?

tuning improvements because off ?
any hp gains and roughly how much ?

I know I ask questions its because if you don't ask, you won't learn

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Omar no offense sir, but you were not even sure how to properly set up a pcv system after you had already started selling PCV parts.
For a Streetcar I would say the complexity well outweigh the benefits.
non taken its cool, you and many others feel the same way. those who are against the pcv delete think that "i dont know what im doing" which is fine i feel the same way about you guys so its mutual lol with pcv ive seen things that should not be happening like oil reversion . why is that a thing, the whole point is the prevent any type of oil contamination .

pcv is a complicated subject, many people will have different opinions on it. many of my kits out there without any issues and im sure the same goes with your pcv kits

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
non taken its cool, you and many others feel the same way. those who are against the pcv delete think that "i dont know what im doing" which is fine i feel the same way about you guys so its mutual lol with pcv ive seen things that should not be happening like oil reversion . why is that a thing, the whole point is the prevent any type of oil contamination .

pcv is a complicated subject, many people will have different opinions on it. many of my kits out there without any issues and im sure the same goes with your pcv kits
What exactly does your kit do? Honest question as I haven’t seen it.

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
What exactly does your kit do? Honest question as I haven’t seen it.
deletes pcv completely
deletes flapper
blocks all 6 headports using the pcv delete fitting
both flapper delete and pcv delete fitting have 10/8an on it
hose from those fittings to catch can
catch can is vta but its modular so you can have vaccuum pump connected to the can or exhaust venturi

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The catch can I've built fully externalises the pcv completely

You can go full vta or fit the valves to the catch can and vacuum relief valve to rocker cover.

Your choice of which you like to run as this can can do both.

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Made up a fitting today for the front head port thats next to the oil filter housing.

Now you can fully replace the crappy factory flapper valve with a the VTT check valve whilst retaining the stock valve cover and still have a metered vacumm leak with the VTT vacuum relief valve.

This is what you wanted @fmorelli

20191227_143852.jpg20191227_152607.jpg20191227_154115.jpg20191227_154228.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WOT808 and fmorelli