Asbjorn

Lieutenant
Mar 10, 2018
European, based in China
Ride
Z4 N54 DCT
Relevant quote from Martymil in case you didnt know

Stock is 17 mbar or 0.5 inhg or 1.2 cmhg

I personally can't run anymore than 2 inhg without one of the seals whistling like crazy

I see it this way as long as you run anything higher than stock without seals whistling you will be ok.

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
if your car needs this fitting i feel like there are other issues you need to address, on my older breather kits i had a lot of people run a regular m18x1.5 to 10an fitting without any issues at all for years... the trick for them was to have the 90* angled upwards towards the hood. but even then some people would do that and still experience oil going through the lines and into the cans. might want to look into plugging your head ports, or getting a new valve cover. i know you have the pvc delete fitting that plugs the head ports for you but with a valve cover thats internally cracked it wont do you anygood.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have ports plugged and don't want to use a 90. I've never even tested it with that port, I did this as a precaution because it seems most people need a 90 and I wanted to avoid that for cosmetic reasons.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I meant to say, I don't want a 90* fitting pointing upward to use gravity to avoid the excess oil issue. This lets me angle it downward and the entire occ assembly and hosing can remain unseen.

Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

AshwinLB

Private
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Ride
2010 E82 135i
As an update, I bought 10 fittings as an experiment and have sold the other 9 to people wanting to test this with me.

My theory: The oil is being slung up onto the vc from the cams and it runs down the side of the VC right into this hole:
View attachment 35852
You can see that area appears washed clean from oil. The custom fittings actually protrude two inches into the hole so the oil will get caught on the threads and drip down instead of going into the hole.
View attachment 35851
View attachment 35853
View attachment 35854

Here is the drawing for anyone who wants to copy it. I sent a request out to several random companies online and this one from England of all places was the smoothest to deal with so I proceeded to use them despite the distance. My contact was Andy AT customfittings.com and the description is:
1 – 7/8”-14 JIC x M18 x 1.5(Flat Faced)WITH A 2”LENGTH OF THREAD MALE/MALE
HEX ADAPTOR AND THE METRIC END WITH A 7/16”BORE
View attachment 35855

Keep in mind, I had a larger than normal drill used for the M18 side, I choose 7/16 but after receiving it I can tell there is enough margin to do a 31/64" straight through.
View attachment 35856

The shoulder is also round just like the head, it is a perfect fit:
View attachment 35857

I'll hopefully get a chance to test it in the coming weeks.
Did you ever end up installing this?