Screaminfast's Build Thread - e92 SG 335i - 56K no wai

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
Hey guys! I figured I'd make a build thread to catalog what I'm doing/have done with my car so far. It also helps keep my head straight and garner any suggestions along the way :)

Bought the car like this:

54J3llC.jpg

When I bought it, it came with:

M-Sport Front, Black Kidneys, Carbon High Kick Spoiler, LCI Tails, Tom's V4 Headlights
JB4 + DCI's
ST Coils

The very first mods I did were ECS tranny mounts and CDV delete:

9beWciz.jpg

iWCTSYu.jpg

Next up was ECS Boost gauge, BMS Cowl Filters:

yKfP5iI.jpg

RKQAzc8.jpg

Next it was time for a "baseline" dyno to see what I was working with:

qzVVbqw.jpg

FK5XV0i.jpg

Shortly after, my neighbor backed into my car and cracked my front fender. So off to the body shop to have that replaced. Had the hood dents/marks fixed and had him paint the belt line.

xxdpsoR.jpg

nPyS5IJ.jpg

Qb1cDbW.jpg

Picked up a FPM-1 from BoostConcepts and installed that:

YYOZZMZ.jpg

Next up was Stoptech rotors, ECS Wheel Studs, Stoptech Perf Street pads, ECS SS lines, Motul RBF600 flush and Bimmerworld Solid guide bushings:

uGX3Ucm.jpg

PI1tVqi.jpg

HCQGstl.jpg

bUtGgSI.jpg

Lastly for now, I just had my local INDY shop do a nut blasting, OFHG, oil change, coolant flush and install my MMP inlets and outlets:

BHaQDu1.jpg

Next up, I've got some new wheels to install, and work on an e85 tune. Maybe some other mods as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - 5/27/16 -

Added GSP Rear Arms

Vgz57AU.jpg

2OcAPfn.jpg

Put on my 18x10/18x10.5 WEDS Kranze Bazreia Wheels and got the ride height adjust and aligned at my local shop.

gAmzsm7.jpg

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - 6/16/16 -

Installed ZHP Shift knob.

PlVPfbW.jpg

Car is at the INDY getting M3 control arms and an alignment right now. More pics this weekend!

UPDATE - 7/13/16 -
Recently did new plugs.... here's a shot of the old ones lol

ckRFVAc.jpg

Also installed Bimmerworld Adjustable Endlinks this past weekend. You can see the M3 control arms there too!

588gO3I.jpg

Car is in for clutch. Should be picking it up tomorrow!! Went with SPEC 3+ w/ MFactory SMFW.

v5xsg7o.jpg

UPDATE - 8/29/16 -

Added ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Trunk

UaRVDfo.jpg

FMYkzWl.jpg

vGTQK9e.jpg

Also added N20 TMAP, JB4 E85 BEF, and running Map5 or Map 7 now. Now that the clutch is broken in, I hit the dyno on saturday...

T16KYv6.jpg

And here's a comparison to the last dyno runs...

hDWlhXC.jpg

UPDATE SEPT 2016 -

MFactory LSD

8f21Prs.jpg

UPDATE NOV 2016 -

M-Sport Rear Bumper and Carbon Fiber Diffuser Installed

urMQ0Ed.jpg

I'll update this as I keep working on it!! :)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Very nice man! By the way, I can move your posts up and down in the list so you don't need to reserve anything :)

How do you like the SS brake lines? Think I'm going to do the same.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Very nice man! By the way, I can move your posts up and down in the list so you don't need to reserve anything :)

How do you like the SS brake lines? Think I'm going to do the same.

Oh ok haha. I run a few forums, so I didn't know if you wanted to bother doing that. Mainly did it because of the 20 image per post limit on here.

Love the brake lines. Great feel even on stock calipers. The middle lines were awful to install. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Oh ok haha. I run a few forums, so I didn't know if you wanted to bother doing that. Mainly did it because of the 20 image per post limit on here.

Love the brake lines. Great feel even on stock calipers. The middle lines were awful to install. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I can change the limit, the problem is the excessive scrolling that goes with it. There is a thumbnail option too, but its an extra click for everyone, so I suppose its a balance issue. If you need to move something around post wise, just PM me and I'll do it.

I'll have to look up the install procedure. I've already committed to sooo much at once I may do it another time, but my sub frame is out and i can't imagine having any more clearance than I do now.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
I can change the limit, the problem is the excessive scrolling that goes with it. There is a thumbnail option too, but its an extra click for everyone, so I suppose its a balance issue. If you need to move something around post wise, just PM me and I'll do it.

I'll have to look up the install procedure. I've already committed to sooo much at once I may do it another time, but my sub frame is out and i can't imagine having any more clearance than I do now.

Oh man, yeah if your subframe is out, I'd do them. My fingers hurt for a week doing it through the wheel well.