Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
07 SG/CR 335i / 17 X6 x35i
Update 8/25/20 --

Got some goodies in from VTT

full.jpg

Pulled my 1-step colder injectors out (L to R is 6 - 1)

full.jpg

Pulled the VC and cleaned up all the chipmunk poop from the engine bay...

full.jpg

Tapped the PCV head ports

full.jpg

Plugged them with 10-32 x 3/16 set screws

full.jpg

Cleaned the whole head surface to get ready to put the VC on...

full.jpg

Got the VTT VC on with loose screws while I figure out other stuff!

full.jpg

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Small update! 8/29/20

Picked up my VRSF 7.5 Race intercooler from my local cerakoter after having it done in transfer black, their thermal enhancement coating. It’s huge and I know I’ll have to cut up the core support. I had pulled my fan shroud and didn’t realize that’s what it bolts to when I couldnt figure out how it mounted haha

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I also found some fraying on one of the injector wires. Going to look into wire tucking them and moving the coil grounding posts along with maybe hard wiring the PR coil pack connectors.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Update 9/10/2020 -

Installled new Index 12 injectors

full.jpg

PR Coil plugs

full.jpg

Heat colored the fasteners for the coil packs

full.jpg

Test fit the PR coil bracket but figured it needed some spacers so I grabbed some phenolic spacers for it.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Got my VTT Oil catch can kit in with some fancy -10AN banjo fittings!

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Next up, I converted the high pressure fuel rail mounts to studs and added some phenolic spacers.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Lastly, I had a local friend clean up my headlight lenses because they were yellowing pretty bad. Still pitted, but meh.

full.jpg

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Update 9/17/2020 -

Did some walnut blasting. Used the two bmw tools + HF blaster + shop vac.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Painted the injector brackets because OCD

full.jpg

Degreased and steam cleaned the block, scotchbrited the head for the intake manifold phenolic gasket.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Stated running the PR fuel pump harness wires and trying to figure out wiretucking the main power wires in the engine bay.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Test fit the fuel rail on the intake manifold and added the VTT throttle body adaptor for the catch cans

full.jpg

full.jpg

Just waiting for some more parts to show up from verocious, mcmaster, amazon and VTT.

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: screaminfast

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Update 10/10/2020 -

Since I pulled the whole front core support, I finally got a chance to fit the VSRF 7.5 Race IC. I got better hardware from Mcmaster to thread into the radiator support, but I might still add some braces underneath it. Test fitted the custom 3" aluminum lower charge pipe.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Got my Oil adapter plate from VTT, BMS oil filter cap, and had the OFH cerakoted black.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Thanks to help from @bahn I ordered a radium coolant expansion tank and the correct fittings for my Innovate water temp gauge.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Used some permatex high-temp threat sealant and added the fittings I needed to the bottom of the intake manifold. Hobbs switch, plug, 5/32 push-to-connect for ECS boost gauge, and -4AN for TIAL BOV & FPR.

full.jpg

I have a thing for 12pt bolts and nuts. 18-8 stainless nuts for the intake manifold

full.jpg

I wanted to make my own custom aluminum vacuum canister to replace the twin plastic ones. Still have to find where to mount it and add the 1/8NPT ports.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Picked up some new filters from Precision Raceworks to replace the chrome / dirty ones that came with my MMP inlets.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Lastly, started working on the engine wiring harness. Separating the various sections so I can remake them with better wiring and extend them to put the DME inside the cabin.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

More to come soon!

Reactions: seb.apprenti

Cruizinmax

Corporal
Jul 18, 2018
Ride
09 335i
Honest question, did you mount the coil bracket upside down intentionally? I've seen people do it both ways and single turbo guys complain it hit the turbo when mounted like yours. I was just wondering.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Got my Oil adapter plate from VTT, BMS oil filter cap, and had the OFH cerakoted black.

View attachment 45070

View attachment 45071

I freaking love this! That is such a great idea, not only for temps.... but looks!

I wanted to make my own custom aluminum vacuum canister to replace the twin plastic ones. Still have to find where to mount it and add the 1/8NPT ports.

View attachment 45078

View attachment 45079

Oh yeah, that's awesome. I was chatting with @GhostRiderCanada about solidifying the vacuum tanks into one unit for packaging reasons... and frankly, looks, cause that looks so much better than the alien pods from BMW.

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
Honest question, did you mount the coil bracket upside down intentionally? I've seen people do it both ways and single turbo guys complain it hit the turbo when mounted like yours. I was just wondering.

Its upside down? LOL I have no idea. They were hitting the tops of the coil plugs so that’s why I spaced it up. How is it supposed to go?

screaminfast

Sergeant
Feb 18, 2017
Rochester NY
mikecentola.com
Ride
I freaking love this! That is such a great idea, not only for temps.... but looks!

Oh yeah, that's awesome. I was chatting with @GhostRiderCanada about solidifying the vacuum tanks into one unit for packaging reasons... and frankly, looks, cause that looks so much better than the alien pods from BMW.

Nice. Yeah the stock ones look terrible and they are prone to cracking. Once I get the bungs welded on, I’ll have it cerakoted black also so it disappears.

• Love
Reactions: derekgates

Cruizinmax

Corporal
Jul 18, 2018
Ride
09 335i
Its upside down? LOL I have no idea. They were hitting the tops of the coil plugs so that’s why I spaced it up. How is it supposed to go?
I thought the bracket got flipped over and the coils mounted below the bracket. This image was from the PR website.
AA736603-F951-4C24-88B8-5C236ADD9476.jpeg