Ad: Revshift N54 Motor Mounts

colinod

Private
Aug 13, 2017
Ride
2007 e92 335
i put in one revshift 95a tranny mount and one stock tranny mount, car feels a little vibey under the seat but holy sh*t do the shifts feel solid and positive. before i would feel the drive line all sloppy downshifting when slowing down toward a stoplight and doing WOT full power shifts. feels like a dream with a fresh transmission and xhp stage 3

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
i put in one revshift 95a tranny mount and one stock tranny mount, car feels a little vibey under the seat but holy sh*t do the shifts feel solid and positive. before i would feel the drive line all sloppy downshifting when slowing down toward a stoplight and doing WOT full power shifts. feels like a dream with a fresh transmission and xhp stage 3
That was your plan from beginning or did you have some other reason like broken mount. I am just curious if their would be any long term down sides to the mismatched mounts or if it Judy would help prevent to much nvh. If is only beneficial and just helps tweak nvh I would attempt something similar with my diff bushings I am still stock for fear of diff whine but know I should do something.

• Sad
Reactions: Revshift

colinod

Private
Aug 13, 2017
Ride
2007 e92 335
That was your plan from beginning or did you have some other reason like broken mount. I am just curious if their would be any long term down sides to the mismatched mounts or if it Judy would help prevent to much nvh. If is only beneficial and just helps tweak nvh I would attempt something similar with my diff bushings I am still stock for fear of diff whine but know I should do something.

Ive heard of people doing it before. It was not my plan but the guy who instlled my transmission really monkeyed down on one of the transmission mount nuts on the top and i ended up rounding it off. Turns out it does take the slop out but i cant speak for whether or not doing just one race mount out of two lessens NVH over doing both because i havent been in a car that has both

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Mine go in next week. I think installs are pretty new at best ... going to be a while for the rack up miles view. But I'll post initial impressions in a few weeks, at least ...

Filippo

• Agree
Reactions: veer90

vadimlitv

Jun 8, 2018
Ride
08 e90 335xi fbo+inlets+outlet
Received! Now I have to find time to install them
I have an 08 xi, was doing outlets and inlets and found my mounts are bad. I ordered these.
I get pretty bad vibrations at idle and some later slowly accelerating from 1300rpm to 1800 rmp. Mainly the idle. Please report back when you install as I am trying to find out if something else is wrong with the car or it's the mounts only.

The handling of the car and the feel is DEFFINATLY better though. Also they look and feel like very good quality products.

Hoping something can be done to smoothen out or if I have to get some new factory mounts.
John is being very helpful and is trying to figure out what is causing extra vibrations.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I have an 08 xi, was doing outlets and inlets and found my mounts are bad. I ordered these.
I get pretty bad vibrations at idle and some later slowly accelerating from 1300rpm to 1800 rmp. Mainly the idle. Please report back when you install as I am trying to find out if something else is wrong with the car or it's the mounts only.

The handling of the car and the feel is DEFFINATLY better though. Also they look and feel like very good quality products.

Hoping something can be done to smoothen out or if I have to get some new factory mounts.
John is being very helpful and is trying to figure out what is causing extra vibrations.
I have twisted tuning's transfer case mont insert so I'm no one to share on nvh. The truth of the matter is these are considerably harder than oem because oem are fluid filled. I'll be sure to post my experience tho

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d

Mine go in next week. So which version of the mounts did you order - black or green?

Filippo

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Black
OEM feel
Well ... you're not the first person to have this experience with the 80a "OEM feel" bushings. I'm hoping when we install mine this week, that we don't have similar results. I bought these based on this answer by Revshift to my question on NVH.

Nvh is barely increased over the oem mounts. We just got done testing them in a 135i and they feel great. Back to back comparison you can tell a slight difference in nvh at idle. But if I were to get into a car with these 80a mounts thinking it was bone stock I wouldn’t think otherwise when I started it and drove it.

Filippo

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Well. I have the 6at xi, but it's half gutted and already has solid mounts elsewhere, but we will see if I have better luck.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
My review:

I had 034 motor mounts for 3k miles. They are junk. Never use them. Seriously POS.

Contacted Revshift on the weekend and they email me right back. Super fast communication and guaranteed delivery when I needed it. Came fully assembled with instructions if I wanted to swap out for the 95A race inserts. Installed just like OEM. Great fit and finish on them. I like that i could upgrade to the 95A if i ever so desired(I doubt I will) Neat design.

Zero odd vibrations, I do have my idle set at 900rpms because of my lw fw and stg 3+ spec clutch. No weird vibrations anywhere in the RPM range. Nice and solid feel, honestly not a huge difference from OEM at least from my limited experience driving on them. Definitely stiffer but not in a bad way.

If anyone wants an upgrade from stock but not super hard vibrate out your fillings these are the motor mounts to get. They get my stamp of approval. Would buy again and recommend.

Once I get more miles on them I will make another post but these don't need to break in so I can't imagine much will change.

edit: Just had a revelation after taking the car for a spin. It is much easier to get in and out of gear than before. I had the 034 motor mounts and UUC SSK installed at the same time and I just assumed the SSK made the shifting kind of crappy and very notchy(which I had heard). Looks like the 034 were junk even when new. Car shifts much easier/better now. I am guessing because the engine sat lower it somehow affected my shift linkage which made me just skip 2nd gear all day every day and the other gears sucked to get into as well. It's actually fun to shift the car again.

Last edited:

vadimlitv

Jun 8, 2018
Ride
08 e90 335xi fbo+inlets+outlet
Quick update, I raised the idle to 850rpm and no more vibrationsat idle, I am getting some vibrations from 1k to 2k rpm but I feel like it's related to other parts, idk. Maybe trans mounts .

Reactions: Jeffman

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
edit: Just had a revelation after taking the car for a spin. It is much easier to get in and out of gear than before. I had the 034 motor mounts and UUC SSK installed at the same time and I just assumed the SSK made the shifting kind of crappy and very notchy(which I had heard). Looks like the 034 were junk even when new. Car shifts much easier/better now. I am guessing because the engine sat lower it somehow affected my shift linkage which made me just skip 2nd gear all day every day and the other gears sucked to get into as well. It's actually fun to shift the car again.

The motor sits higher with these mounts

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
The motor sits higher with these mounts

I just did my Revshift 80a install today. Was a PITA on the Z4 - had to pull the heat shield, silicone outlet off the rear turbo, and the 02 sensor pulled to clear the factory mount out. Installed the motor sits higher by 9-12mm in my case. I'm talking to John@revshift to get his feedback. My car is a 2011 Z4 with 30k miles. Measured the two factory motor mounts, and the passenger side is compressed 3mm more than the driver side. Since I have no idea what the original factory height is, no idea what is going on. I suspect the Revshift mounts are factory height and my motor mounts compressed over time, the passenger side 3mm more than the driver side.

If anyone has a factory motor mount, brand new and never installed, I'd be curious about its height measurement (you can see below from where I measured).

Filippo

before.jpg
after.jpg
factory passenger mount.jpg
factory driver mount.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus