RB GF Dyno Results- 93 and e85- 681whp

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
For me personally I thought the apec 3+ had alot of a rougher engagement and a harder to get going smooth in first. My spec twin disk is so much more forgiving in that area for me
I wish I could just get these two clutch same time and have a real time test. Watched a lot of reviews and videos about them, but it's still some kind of metaphysical hit or miss situation for me.
I've driven my friends 335i with a spec stage 3+, compared to my X clutch organic twin disk his car was easier to leave of the line with. Maybe it's just cause i have 700ish Km's on my clutch. The biggest change for me was how high the cutch engages, made it a little awkward to drive.
x clutch twin organic comes with rigid hubs IIRC, while spec3+ is sprung hub. I believe this may help with the initial clutch engagement, though the surface of spec3+ is more of a metallic type. But anyway, I have no real time experience but online review watching and imagination. Hopefully the spec 3+ works for me as I put my bet on it:tearsofjoy:

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I wish I could just get these two clutch same time and have a real time test. Watched a lot of reviews and videos about them, but it's still some kind of metaphysical hit or miss situation for me.

x clutch twin organic comes with rigid hubs IIRC, while spec3+ is sprung hub. I believe this may help with the initial clutch engagement, though the surface of spec3+ is more of a metallic type. But anyway, I have no real time experience but online review watching and imagination. Hopefully the spec 3+ works for me as I put my bet on it:tearsofjoy:
You won't be disappointed its a solid clutch that many people use

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
πŸ€”
About the only good that comes outta that place πŸ™„
Aye mate Your forgetting poutine.
I'll take two liters please
I'll take some, eh buddy!
I got the maple syrup plug, i'll have him send some out.

From what i heard my clutch should get a lot easier with time. Although i may be swapping to ceramic disks as intentions with my car have changed. My cars been broken for a long time now lol i don't exactly remember how bad it was at the end.

Main reason i went twin disk was I've bought to many parts twice, just wanted something that would work even if i upped my power goals.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Those organic disks should get you to your goals. Organic disks just don't like being launched alot

Zelderlee

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Ride
2010 bmw 335i xdrive
I had a chance to get my car on the Dyno today with the new RB GF turbos and am extremely pleased with the results! All pulls were done on a dynojet in 4th gear. Also these are not glory pulls and should be easy results to replicate.

93 octane @ 18-19psi - 516whp

93 octane @ 25psi- 582 whp

E85- @ 27psi- 681whp

View attachment 31761

View attachment 31762

Mods:
RB GF 19t turbos
RB inlets/ RB outlets
@V8bait tuned MHD flash only
PI intake manifold w/52lb injectors
BMP stage 3 pump
Injen intake
Helix intercooler
Spec stage 2+ clutch
Is V8bait still tuning these or do you know anyone who is pushing these numbers as well with a different tuner, because as far as ive seen people/ other tuners are have trouble making good numbers with 93oct.... or e85 for that matter any recommendations would be nice and if you got any dynos with new tunes from different people?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Where are you seeing other results from the RB GFs? I know Rob did limitd runs of them so not too many out there and most people don't seem to be posting.

Zelderlee

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Ride
2010 bmw 335i xdrive
Where are you seeing other results from the RB GFs? I know Rob did limitd runs of them so not too many out there and most people don't seem to be posting.
I’m not specifically talking about RB GFs but most high whp twin setups are tuned by v8bait, I’ve read about him getting logs from people on twin tunes from other tuners, just to beat there numbers after they stated that’s all they will make on 93. not gonna say names but I’ve had friends that have been through a few tuners on twins with dyno sheets and not all tuners are equal in quality or twin tuning for that matter. I’d be curious to get some input of peoples tunes on 93 with dyno sheets I already have an idea but If anyone knows for sure who can tune with quality like v8bait and get the numbers out I’d love to hear about it.

Sep 5, 2023
New guy here. Been lurking around the forum for a long while... Years actually...

Last week I dyno'd my car at 595 rwhp on 93 and CP meth. I also blend a can of boostane with each fillup, just to be safe. It's a 2010 135i with auto tranny. I have GC 2.0 turbos. The boost peaks at about 29 psi and tapers to 25 near redline with 9 degrees timing. No timing drops. DocVu street tuned the car.

Regards,

Eric

Attachments

• 20230901_163133.jpg
    20230901_163133.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230901_164958.jpg
    20230901_164958.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 22

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
New guy here. Been lurking around the forum for a long while... Years actually...

Last week I dyno'd my car at 595 rwhp on 93 and CP meth. I also blend a can of boostane with each fillup, just to be safe. It's a 2010 135i with auto tranny. I have GC 2.0 turbos. The boost peaks at about 29 psi and tapers to 25 near redline with 9 degrees timing. No timing drops. DocVu street tuned the car.

Regards,

Eric
Those are good numbers but please don't classify that as a "93 octane tune." You have both meth and MMT - even if using just the meth for supplemental fueling, it provides a cooling benefit, and the MMT in boostane ups the octane to a good bit over 93 - probably closer to 100 octane.

From what I've seen, most hybrid/upgraded twins are octane limited to the 500 - 550 whp range. Can you push it further and get a glory number? Sure, but why tempt fate? Ethanol is probably the single biggest contributor to these stock motors living at high horsepower, combined with direct injection.

@Zelderlee - I didn't think Justin was tuning cars any longer. I've also never seen him go for glory numbers, but rather a safe tune. I think most people do remote log based tuning now, and not many people dyno anymore so we'll probably see less and less quantifiable results.